Patch 10.1.2.8000 - feedback

• Overall a nice update with handy new features and most importantly, some long anticipated bugfixes(camellia flower <3).

The nostalgia instance is a little bit lackluster for endgame players, due to practically nonexistant physical and magical defense values of the mobs and bosses, but i guess it is aimed at the lesser geared players of the server. Moreover, there are new cards to farm, which is a fun change to doing gorge over and over:D So that's nice too.

However, I'd suggest increasing the defense values for the nostalgia instances to come, the events of past bosses are very fun to play and it won't hurt said lesser geared players to play them, instead of just burning everything down. After all, that's what nostalgia is about, right ? Reliving fun experiences with the bosses of the past.

• First of all: nice update with bugfixes.

It's kinda funny that the bosses in the new hard mode instance have more hp than the bosses in gorge :D

But is it intended, that you can run this instance with 2 people? 1 champ and 1 heal :/

• The Hall of the Lord of Demons is too weak and useless, nothing useful falls out in it except for monster cards, after 2 weeks everyone will forget about it.

The Dungeon Hall of the Demon Lord needs to be well strengthened and the loot must be changed, add more coins of Arcadia, there may be fragments of the gorge, a new yellow stat and a new red stat similar to Level 55 Demon Lord Hall, red stats with 3 parameters, for example str/str/dex or str/str/physical attack, and make such a stat only in the dungeon.

I just don’t see any reason to strengthen the old dungeons if nothing valuable falls into them, but overall the idea is very good, you just need to polish the embodiment of such an idea a little.

Correction of the arrow of the wind greatly upset (.

Everything else I personally was very pleased with, many useful changes and corrections, the only thing you need to call a pet after entering the mirror world.

• Dear playernet Team,

First of all i want to say that Chronicles of Arcadia (playernet) is the best server of this game on the market.

This update includes lots of improvements and bugfixes which are awesome and were needed. Thanks for that.

In my opinion the nostalgie dungeon did not meet the expectations. I will justify this in the following points:

1. Expectations

We are hungry. We have not seen real content since nearly two years, beside atlas defence (one room afk dungeon). There were no informations that the dungeon is designed for low geared players. I am no clairvoyant, if a dungeon will be implemented i (and most of the players) think its balanced on the current equipment level and not on the one 5 years ago.

The last two nostalgie dungeons, Cyclope HM and HOS HM, were awesome. You got the best items, upper body set in cyclope, weapons in HOS HM and the best stats in HOS HM. Also they were balanced and challenging.

2. Content need to be worth

Content, doesnt matter if its a minigame, a questline, an event or a dungeon, needs to be worth.

There is no need for arcadia stats. Since the pdef fix ~6 months ago hos is really easy and there is no daylie cooldown on it. Arcadia stats are allready ~5 years old and there are enough possibilitys (HOS HM, DN, Salifus, pull from npc, rites) to get them beside the new dungeon.

Example: Atlas Defence. Its really boring and does not make fun, but still player do it because its worth (golden wings).

3. Everyone loves Nostalgie (Dungeons)

Lots of players loved the former legacy server Insomnia. Lots of players joined chronicles of arcadia because they were impressed how the playernet-devs on insomnia fixed all these bugs, class balancing and so on...

For the nostalgie feeling you have to have the old tactics. When you would ask me what did you remeber about demon stronghold in the past, i would answer the escape artist event and of course the second boss Yashi'a. A boss were you need a lots of movement and damage. At this boss i died lots of times because everytime one player was to slow to click the dagger.

Sadly every boss is burstable without tactics. You could have implemented a burst blocker every 25% like in ice blade plateu or something else. But you did not.

Yes we are overgeared, but i am pretty sure a full 8 man party with tikal gear/stats can burn every boss without tactic (because defence is to low).

Overall I would be happy to see more nostalgie dungeons in the future but i hope you will considering the following points.

• If you are going to release nostalgia dungeons then it should be harder compare to what we have now (i mean hos and new released dl). It should be challenge to do it with our gear so we can feel how it was many years ago. (for example doing dl with lvl 55 gear). High hp don't compensate for low defense (not only bosses but also mobs in dungeon).

I think if bosses and mobs had hp comparable to gorge and defense something between inferno and gorge it would be great. Cards are good addition to dungeon so this change is good but they shouldn't drop too easy. Dungeon should have tactics, even if they would be reworked because current tactics was created many years ago and can be outdated or not working as they should.

And at last stats and equipment. Now equipment that drop from bosses is from normal mode. Looking at cl we should get some new eq, comparable to tikal/inferno/gorge or something between two dungeons, so we can have varied options. Stats which drop are from hos (arcadia stats). I think there should be unique stats for each ini so we can have many different stats and choice what we want use and what we dont want. They don't have to be purple stats like on hos but should be enough good to reward our effort for finishing dungeon.

• Some ideas:

- Increase DEF/MDEF from Bosses, so its not able to just burn them

- Change Loottable from bosses, maybe with Inferno gear

- Change Stats on last boss to Tikal - Gorge purpel stats -> so ppl can catch up

- Deactivate sigil drop from mobs

- Make trash harder

• Confused, is the word I would use for this new ini change. People complained about 2 things that was making the new ini not worth it: so easy and crap loot. After two days of server being mostly down, you guys hear us and change one of those things, make it harder and as a bonus reduce card drop rate to a 10% (ofc, loot remain the same useless as before).

To be honest Im disappointed, If before we would bother to spend there a week to get the cards now I dont even want to bother. This game isnt a game with good graphics, isnt a game with insane tactics or with millions of people. Endgame players love this game for its endless possibilities to upgrade, gear, skills, pets, runes, etc. Right now we are tired of it, 2 years between instances wont work anymore for a 10 years old game like this. We need more endgame instances, we need more new stats, im terrified we will farm earth ini and in 6 months will be geared and waste another 18 months playing other game or waiting inside our houses every day praying for any miracle new content to come.

As other people said, our hype was too high and sadly, this ini tryout system didnt reach what we expected. In my opinion, we need new ini with new stats every 6-12 months. Im not asking for a impressive 4h new Gorge, I just want that we got gear to build constantly as we always had in this game. Another output for this, bring back 6 players inis, give us the chance to do partys when we arent full of people please. I loved Grafu + Sardo times, we had both inis at the same time, both inis had something we needed and most importantly, we could go one of them when we werent enough for the big one, why cant we have that here?

Beside my thoughts about the instance, the rest of the patch is insanely good. There are a lot of changes I didnt know I wanted and now I love them. Some others are the one I requested, so thank you for that part too. Keep working with this new little fix ideas because there are some really good ones.

Regards, Madoxx.

• I share Madox's opinion. We need more new content with a higher frequence.

I mean take your time with new endgame instance. But you definitly can do better with those nostalgia instances.

It can fill up the gap between the new "custom" instances. I think Itzamna made a really good suggestion, too. You can customize existing instances with challenging mdef/pdef/HP Ratio, and a lootable, that is valuable for us.

Valuable Lootable could be:

1) Replace old Lootable from nostalgia instance, and replace it with Tikal or Inferno Loottable -> Possibility for lower geared people to catch up with gear/stats, so that they have a better chance to be able to play new earth ini.

2) Also it could be possible to give the endgame-geared people something. Like new good title to replace Aldo-Title, New Accessory Set (Maybe farmable in 3 nostalgia instances over the next 6 Months or so) I mean like anything that is exciting and creative :)

I think a big problem is that the excitement for runes is gone for a long time

• I think a big problem is that the excitement for runes is gone for a long time

If this were the case, why were you that hyped for this new content then, to be now as disappointed as you are?:/

I definetly share all your opinions about new and challenging (endgame) contentand I like most of your ideas to make DL HM more interesting, though you should keep in mind that obviously the targeted players are not those who are done with gearing gorge items/stats, however many ppl were expecting it to be. Just keep cool.

On the other hand I cant understand why so many ppl are still complaining about Gorge and fear something like this will happen again.

There have been various official statements in the past that Gorge was designed as it is and had to last as long as it now lasted to "buy" the rather small Dev-team time to catch up with many other important stuff that had to be done for the game.

Noone can seriously claim that our Devs have not been busy over the last ~15 months, just check the patchnotes with all the great changes and fixes, that improved the game overall by a lot.

If I am not wrong compared to the times when gorge was released, we now have three(!) Devs more, doubling the team in size and with the next (big) ini being kind of announced, I guess most of the catching up the team had in mind is done by now.

Furthermore there will be the big pvp-update coming this year and from my experience a good pvp-section can offer kind of endless content without need for new stuff to be released, except continous balancing.

So with all this in mind, I am absolutely positive that from now on we can expect new content of whatever sort in much higher frequencies than it was the case with Gorge and after all, you can run gorge very smoothly with 6ppl and less as well, technicly for more than 12 months by now, so if you were looking for some challenges and/or don't have enough ppl for a meta-10-to-12-ppl-raid, there were plenty of possible variations to run Gorge to be not as boring as most ppl claim.

I am sure this will also be the case for future PvE content.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• All that I see the dungeon really strengthened, but the loot did not change, it was even worse than doing nothing, the problem was the reward, stat HoS is not a reward, let them drop out in HoS and DN and that's enough.

Red stats with three characteristics will be the only normal reward so that players go to this dungeon all the time.

In truth, very many expected just such a stat, by analogy with the 55 dungeon.

• Red stats with three characteristics will be the only normal reward so that players go to this dungeon all the time.

In truth, very many expected just such a stat, by analogy with the 55 dungeon.

I don't think so.

I did not expect any new stats from DL HM, fragments to trade together with (25k+) Arcadia Coins for Gorge stats would have been nice, since we desperately need some new ways to spend our coins and fragments like those were announced to be implemented at some point in time for gorge stats, as they were in inferno.

After one has all Edwards cards there is nothing we can spend on all the coins we get by running gorge.

Bufffood is way too cheap to craft compared to how many coins we get nowadays and I expect even more AC to drop in upcoming endcontent inis, also buying frozen fragments does not really help, especially not anymore when next ini will be released, because we would still need ice-shards from gorge.

So having stat-fragments from nostalgia inis together with AC which you only get in needed amounts from running gorge+ inis would be an interesting way to combine all those.

Nevertheless introducing another "new kind" of stats into the game seems pointless to me, there are enough variations around to build strong gear, even more would just become confusing for players who are not too familiar with the server.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Closed the thread.