Returning after 2010, trying Chronicles of Arcadia - some initial questions

• Hi all, hope this is the right place to post.

I played RoM for around 2 years back in the day, now with some of my friends picking up WoW classic I thought to myself I could do the sama with "my" childhood MMO <3

Just a few things I wanted to ask on the forums while I'm levelling along (decided to take it slow, spending lots of time in Silverspring with 1 or 2 friends, going full f2p):

- I play priest/mage and have around double the HP of my friends (knight and warrior) and we're all only around lvl 25. Even with no gear equipped, my STR and Stamina stats show something like 100(+300). Where is that +300 coming from? No buff foods or spells active. Am I missing something? So I have a total of over 400 str and stamina while my friends only have that 100. We tried 3-manning bloody gallery but they just die super fast lol.

- I assume most of the active players just linger around endgame? I remember when I was most active, the "Weeping Coast" was considered an endgame-ish area. I reckon this is no longer the case, so I guess we should be prepared to not find a significant number of other players along our slow way to lvl 60+?

- One noteworthy detail for f2p scrubs like ourselves is the 30-day phirius mounts. Any other secret tips like this that might not be obvious to "beginners"? Like gearing or crafting tips for early levels?

Thanks in advance and I hope you all have a great weekend :saint:

• Official Post

Hello Testirom :)

- I think you have a plus in the parameters because of the cards from monsters. Howling Mountains has 4 cards from Experiments (wild boars). Each of these cards adds 300 specific parameters.

-You are right, most players choose a fast leveling and endgame

-Pay your attention to the festivals, they can get nice bonuses and mounts for 7, 30 days. Also, while there is a craft festival, you can pump the craft faster. Be sure to knock out the 4 cards in Howling Mountains that I mentioned above to yourself and your friends.

Enjoy your game;)

• Wow, that's very interesting indeed, thanks for the heads-up!

Cool I'll make sure to track the festivals. I guess I can do that on the website/forums?

One other thing I read on this link I got from reddit was "EXPx15 TPx10 DROPx7". The XP and TP multipliers are immediately noticeable. But is the DROPx7 still valid? How so? As items don't drop sevenfold or anything like that, right?

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out

• Regarding the amount of dropped items, the bonus seems only to apply while you are in a party, where it does not matter if the other party member(s) are in range or even online.

While being solo completely alomst no items drop compared to being in a party, so make sure you always have an alt in your party or any of your friends or just ask in global for "fake party" so random ppl may invite you for more drops.

You will notice the difference for sure.

Cheers and have a good start!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Regarding the amount of dropped items, the bonus seems only to apply while you are in a party, where it does not matter if the other party member(s) are in range or even online.

While being solo completely alomst no items drop compared to being in a party, so make sure you always have an alt in your party or any of your friends or just ask in global for "fake party" so random ppl may invite you for more drops.

You will notice the difference for sure.

Cheers and have a good start!:thumbup:

Wow, thanks for the info. This would be big if true? Sounds rather bizarre... can anyone else confirm that drop bonus only applies when in a party?

• Official Post

Hello,

There is no typical requirement to be in party to increase drop rate. However you can use potions that will increase drop rate while in party.

You should note that a few zones might be not included in x7 drop due to festival activities.

Greetings

• There is no typical requirement to be in party to increase drop rate.

How exactly do you mean that?

I am 100% sure that being in a party does affect the amount/rarity of items dropped in some way, in all zones afaik. What part of the drop calculations formula is affected I do not know, but we experience this difference every day. :/

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• I'm a bit confused now. Do you mean you get better loot in dungeons when you're in a group of 6?

Because for questing / daily quests my friends and I actively avoid grouping since the mobs will only drop 1 daily quest item (i.e. only 1 player can loot) even when we're in a party of 3 and kill it together. And when playing solo just as many mobs do drop the item, it's not like mobs drop the item 100% of the time in a party and only 50% of the time when playing solo. So I haven't been noticing a difference at all. But then again I'm only questing in Dust Canyon for now. Maybe it's different in the custom end game?

• I'm a bit confused now. Do you mean you get better loot in dungeons when you're in a group of 6?

Because for questing / daily quests my friends and I actively avoid grouping since the mobs will only drop 1 daily quest item (i.e. only 1 player can loot) even when we're in a party of 3 and kill it together. And when playing solo just as many mobs do drop the item, it's not like mobs drop the item 100% of the time in a party and only 50% of the time when playing solo. So I haven't been noticing a difference at all. But then again I'm only questing in Dust Canyon for now. Maybe it's different in the custom end game?

Not only in dungeons. You should always be in group if u wanna farm something (cards/tier items, etc.) When you farming dungeon, you can be in group from 2-3 persons and have similar drop rate. It’s not principilar, but u should be in group) Also some location like Dust Devil Canyon has a bad loot chance, and if u farm something you should use some buffs to increase Drop Rate. For Example, Lucky Potion u can get from your housekeeper and this increase drop rate at 75%, each rune (Loot X) can increase this at 120% when your weapon have a high duration! But stay in group it’s most important!

Best regards, Knight<3

Like I said before, u can increase your Drop Rate if u will use Runes, Potions, Buffs, but...
    You will increasing your % of loot chance. But this % is increasing Baseline, and Baseline you can increase only if you will at group.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." A.Einstein

Closed the thread.