Patch 10.1.0.1000 - feedback

• Pros:
    - Boss 2 has nice event, good thing you reduced amount to let small guilds such as mine run instance too.
    - Boss 3 nice sedative after cancer of b1
    - Boss 4 nice simple event
    - Outpost: Was nice riddle (we have tried all combinations at start to get through it, I won't lie)
    - Boss 5 probably most insteresting event I've ever seen in this game, congratz on that.
    Cons:
    - Crit resistance of instance is too high.
    - Physical defense is way higher than magical defense unlike usual end-game instances, warrior/mage is strong enough already with 2kk matk lol :D
    - Boss 1 is cancer

> Corollary:
    - First boss is cancer, rest of bosses are fine and interesting.

the world chico, and everything in it.

• I would like to ask for a minor change which seems stupid but is confusing. Could you change the color of last boss 5 towers when they are active? That blue is exactly the same as the big buble for me and most of the times i cant see if is active or inactive xD

• Hey Guys,
    I don't know if it was discuss before in this thread (if yes sorry I'm tired of reading everything xD) but i like to ask why there aren't fragments for stats like in inferno (Protector/Agility/Pain/Knowledge Fragments)

They said i did something bad but why's it feel so good?

• Hey Guys,
    I don't know if it was discuss before in this thread (if yes sorry I'm tired of reading everything xD) but i like to ask why there aren't fragments for stats like in inferno (Protector/Agility/Pain/Knowledge Fragments)

Because that will make it way easier to get stats, Inferno got that feature approx 1 year later than it's release AFAIK

the world chico, and everything in it.

• After taking instance several dozen times, I must say that either the drop table has not changed with the times of Tikal, Inferno or we don't have luck. Statistics like sta / wis, sta / str and without usable sta / dex are the majority on the instance. Only statistics str / str drop down satisfactorily. Magical and sta / sta stats are tragic. From my perspective, it would be worth considering the introduction of fragments as for Inferno for balance. How does it look like with other guilds I do not know. I would ask you to speak on this topic.

• serious question @Arcadia Team, did you even played Gorge first boss ? Today i had 6 mins of antifun in gorge! You guys know why ? Exactly! i got 6x the 1 min frozen buff...

Is it maybe possible, to add something that we can do against this Freeze ? something like Slifus or even betho boss 6 ?

• Hi together,

got some Feedback about Gorge of Ice Giants.

pros:

Boss 1 - pretty nice Event and rlly good to play

Boss 2 - good Event (got some Tosh feelings) xD

Boss 4 - also a rlly good Event

Boss 5 - i think the same like "Revenant" its an rlly nice Event tho

The Instance itself has an insane Graphic and is an Eyecatcher. Good Work:thumbup:

cons:

Boss 1 - not possible to clean the 1min ice debuff ( there should be a possibility like from other players proposed to clean the debuff "Yusalien, Betho 6th Boss")

Boss 4 - a Way to random which Mobs are spawning and in my opinion it shouldnt be luck.

Trashmobs between Bosses are a Way to overtuned. (to much slows, stuns etc.) for example Tritonbreath

Overall based on Events and Graphic the Instance is rlly nice, but from my point of View not rlly farmable and this might be the reason why the most of players refusing to run it.

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

• Dear developers and ROM community

After clearing Gorge 10-20 times I have a couple more suggestions to perhaps consider:

1) I agree, the instances is great visually and if the challenge is to do it once and be done, then it would be perfect, but sad truth is we need to run it many many times to get weapons/shards/gear and most importantly stats! This is especially true since a lot of stats that drop are "crap" like sta-dex, no one uses it for endgame :( Can you change loot table for last boss and remove useless stats? or make them less likely - like yesterday we got 2 sta/wis and 1 sta/dex after few hours of running - its like Devs want to make sure we all rage quit and wont run again... :)

2) As Nadana correctly pointed out above the instance is just too long/time consuming to be farmable - I am sure you see how very few guilds run it, and AH is basically empty - this is not good for server and something needs to be done, I have couple suggestions below that may boost more activity to the server, which is what we all want.

a) Maybe its time to add npc to trade coins for gorge purple stats like we have for inferno now, at least ppl will resume farming inferno/tikal to farm coins - right now server activity is very low, pugs a lot less common from what I can tell

b) Boss 1 - this boss has absolutely repeated mechanics with adds which serves no real purpose except to prolong the fight add freeze and you have very annoying boss which takes too long for no reason - I suggest to cut down adds to say 60% and 30% of the boss, will be much better and raid will still need to do strat twice but not like now every 10%.

c) radical idea - add % probability (say 50% or 30%) of having a purple stat on every piece of the gorge boss, again since instance is too long many ppl just don't bother running it at all, since it can take few hours to finish. If we have a possibility of having purple stats every boss at least then groups can invest 1 hour to farm boss 1 and get a stat - more runs - more activity - boost for economy

Just a few suggestions, all debatable of course, but I think most would agree server is not very active now and we all want to change that. Addressing Gorge ini to make it more farmable or add options to get more gorge purple stats would likely help.

Many thanks!

Rakot

• a) Maybe its time to add npc to trade coins for gorge purple stats like we have for inferno now, at least ppl will resume farming inferno/tikal to farm coins - right now server activity is very low, pugs a lot less common from what I can tell

if they add a Feature like that, no one will run gorge anymore and that shouldnt be a goal.

b) Boss 1 - this boss has absolutely repeated mechanics with adds which serves no real purpose except to prolong the fight add freeze and you have very annoying boss which takes too long for no reason - I suggest to cut down adds to say 60% and 30% of the boss, will be much better and raid will still need to do strat twice but not like now every 10%.

I thought about the same, thats also a rlly good Idea.

If we have a possibility of having purple stats every boss at least then groups can invest 1 hour to farm boss 1 and get a stat - more runs - more activity - boost for economy

The Idea reminds me to the funny old times around Dungeon of Dalanis farming the 1st Boss for Mems^^ and ofc killing one Boss over and over again is just disgusting. I think if you start a run in a good developed Instance like this you wanna clear it. The Instance itself has a good Chance to be one of the best custom Instance, its just a Way overtuned with debuffs and (too) long Events. I understand if they wont us to run a totally new Instance in around 20-40mins, but if you need more then 2-3 hours for one Instance 6 months after release (ofc with new Weapons and Gear) its kinda exhausting. Hopefully we find a Way to make it a bit more farmable

Edited once, last by Nadaná ().

• I agree with Heddin except the part where each boss drops a purple stat ..

one more thing i will add

It is known that this game has a lot of crashing , though it is annoying its still acceptable .. but what is painful and sadly is when you crash at any boss in " gorge of the ice giant " and when you log in again to find yourself out of ini ... so you lose coinsc loot and everything..

i think its better to keep the character inside for few minutes 5 or 10 before spwan out.

ty

• What does the Team think about it? Did you already have the opportunity to exchange your opinions within the team

• I think that the dev's have already changed alot in gorge for the better.

But I also hope that we shoud have a "second round" to exchange opinions,

because I think some things in gorge should be changed.

• Boss 1: Lower the freeze duration or cycle - at least healer must not be freezed OR make it possible to defreeze. Rakots suggestion is good too. every 10% add-waves are to much (annoying^^)
    • Trash-Mobs: Remove movement slow effect. It is just an annoying way to lengthen the instance without making it harder/ more challenging and its not fun at all
    • Loot: 3 purple stats at endboss all the time, add stat fragments like inferno, add more Ice-Shards (20 shards every run)
    • Loot: 3 purple stats at endboss all the time, add stat fragments like inferno, add more Ice-Shards (20 shards every run)

Exactly my thoughts.

Besides, i dont know other guilds but the last 7 runs this month we got 7 useless weapons which cant be used for any endgame class and from 14 stats we got 8 deftness and 4 sageness... anyone can explain how this could be worse, is really discouraging.

Exactly my thoughts.

Besides, i dont know other guilds but the last 7 runs this month we got 7 useless weapons which cant be used for any endgame class and from 14 stats we got 8 deftness and 4 sageness... anyone can explain how this could be worse, is really discouraging.

The distribution of the stats is the same as in inferno, just check what stats can drop on which items and the result will be a lot higher droprate for sta/dex, sta/wis and sta/str than for any "useful" stats like int/int or expacially sta/sta, which has the lowest droprate of all, afaik.

this is a general "issue" in loot distribution in this game

i think 3 stats + fragments all the time would be too much, especially if the other changes to make the ini faster/easier farmable were made as well. then u would have an ini farmable in less than an hour with some practise and more reward than inferno in last couple of months and ppl are done with their gear in less than 2 months from now and bored afterwards - i guess this is a fact Devs tried to avoid with this ini-design...

I also would not remove all the slows in trashmobs, since this is just another design aspect of an "icy" instance. yes, its annoying, no question, but the ini would be less fun and beautiful overall if u just remove everything that is not 100% comfortable for the player - i would suggest a reduce of the slows to a fewer %age and mb durations than it is now, to keep faith with the design but also to shorten the run-duration in this instance.

I really appreciate all this feedback from players, it opens many ways for Devs to go on from this point, since balancing is an ongoing process - and i would like it even more if it were more like a dialogue :D

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• The distribution of the stats is the same as in inferno, just check what stats can drop on which items and the result will be a lot higher droprate for sta/dex, sta/wis and sta/str than for any "useful" stats like int/int or expacially sta/sta, which has the lowest droprate of all, afaik.

That is something they wont modify although is one of the shames of this game since the begining, useless stats and useless weapons and even sets taking dust in everyone chests. Thats why fragments with AC was a really good helper in Inferno and i still think adding those after 6 month of every instance is helpfull. Usually this game take like a month to get set/weapon and years to get stats, I agree with new system, sets taking longer to get, might help to keep the people busy but stats are still really slow in a private server where everyone has several geared classes.

• Arcadia Coins Feedback

After almost 2 years, the old problem is still valid. Instances change with dropping approval not solved. I still remember how we did tikal 3 times a day and during one month we got one sta / sta. Or we waited 3 months for the first chain gloves. It's sick for me. I do not even remember such things when I played on the server of the most hated publisher in Europe. Someone here simply has too much fantasy that has a negative impact on players and economy in the game.

• I still think that with the first boss, the freeze should be made cleanable, as for example with the turtle in the shrine of Kalin. We were already with 3 healers in it + druids/rogues as emergency healers and yet all four were frozen in 5 second intervals.

Playing event doesn't mean waiting for the debuffs to come and see if everyone will survive if all healers are frozen as so often.

It would be much nicer if for example there were torches spawning somewhere in the boss room, with which you can defrost the players.

And even in trash is much too little cleanable, what do the healers have their skills for, if they can hardly be used. After the first boss there is nothing cleanable, that should be changed in my opinion.

• I dont know if its only my point of View, but ive read the whole thread now and there was not a single respond regarding the implementation of some good proposals for the main problem of the instance.

adding shoes does not look like a solution for me, ofc that´s subjective.

Let´s just think about "Whats the Reason for Players to run an Instance"? Items, Stats, Fun and Community gameplay

Items > nice to have but not worth to run tousand of hours for it

Stats > gorge release 6 months ago and i dont know a single person who is fullstatted with pdd stats on the server

Fun > it would be fun, if the instance starts to be humanly farmable

Thats just an vicious circle and sadly it ends up into nobody is coming online to run

• Nowadays people do not want to grind instances like they did in the past

Times has changed and so does the gaming market.

People quickly loose interest and turn to other games if they are not having fun.

Here are some thoughts of mine, that could make things better:

1. Stats

• Usefull stats like Sta/Sta (Plate), Str/Str (Chain), Dex/Dex (Leather), Int/Int (Cloth) (Str/Sta,Int/Sta)
    • Not-Usefull or "crap"stats like Wis/Wis, Sta/Wis, Dex/Sta
    • My suggestion: Usefull stats can be dropped on red items, not usefull stats will be added to droptable of yellow stats on the purple items. I think this would be a huge change for the better.

2. Ice-Shards

• too much randomness, at the end not enough shards.
    • My suggestion: From B1 to B6 they always drop 1+2+3+4+5+5=20 Shards - no variable loot, fix loot please

3. Gameplay

There are alot of good suggestions in this thread about this topic. Enough said i think.

Greetings

• About your point 2, I agree and I already said that before, shards arent enough. If instance is giving 2 fragments, shouldnt be debatable that we arent getting the same amount of shards to use them.

The point 1, totally goes with what I think although I have to admit, that solution didnt come to my mind, I love it tho. *-*

• I still think that with the first boss, the freeze should be made cleanable, as for example with the turtle in the shrine of Kalin. We were already with 3 healers in it + druids/rogues as emergency healers and yet all four were frozen in 5 second intervals.

And even in trash is much too little cleanable, what do the healers have their skills for, if they can hardly be used. After the first boss there is nothing cleanable, that should be changed in my opinion.

Obviously that must be caused by poor positioning (no offense), since there is a freeze about every 30sec to a single person and AoE, with 60sec duration there can only be 2 freezed ppl simultaniously. 3 healers is enough for b1 to be safe 100%, since 1 heal can easily do the job while 2 are frozen.

In 10min bossfight thats 20 freezes at all, with a full raid of 12 ppl thats 1,7 freezes per person, if in worst case noone gets frozen again while still being frozen (im too lazy to do the maths for that as well), so thats statisticly 102sec freeze in 600sec or like 1sec stun every 5sec...does that still sound that bad? VoR 3rd boss as example seems much more annoying for me in this case oO (not regarding the fight duration, just the mechanics)

if it were cleanable we could simply put all ppl but heals and tank in 1 spot, get them all frozen for 1-2 sec (reaction-/casttime) every 30sec and then clean them with d/s - thats way too easy for everyone and if this would be the case, Devs could save us and them the trouble at all - complaints about b1 being "a joke" guaranteed, espacially if there were just like 3 addphases, as proposed earlier as well.

when i hear ppl crying "i got frozen the 4th time in a row" thats bad luck with a chance by 1 in 2k...but on the other hand noone else is frozen in that time, being able to play the bossfight just fine - sometimes someone simply has to take one (or four) for the team :D

Stats > gorge release 6 months ago and i dont know a single person who is fullstatted with pdd stats on the server

i guess there were just not that many runs done over all. I have the feeling (correct me if im wrong) there were times when Sandstorm wasnt really running gorge actively, Hades just cleared the ini a while ago and did not do daily runs since, Pulse was very active in the beginning and afaik Captaincapslock is (almost?) done, but in the last weeks Pulse also is far away from doing daily run(s), same with Improved, we didnt do almost any runs in November at all.

please dont get me wrong, i think gorge takes a bit too long as well, at least the difference in runtime with perfect rng, no fails and no fatal crits (tank after 9min bossfight at b1 + multiple wrong addspawns at Melte) compared to a run where some bad things happen is too big (1h-3h runs), since we lose a lot of time as soon as something like that happens.

But most of the ppl sound like they want the whole package with more items, more stats, less run duration (here i agree completely) and less challenge, which isnt really realistic and i bet wouldnt be for our long-term benefit as well.

I dont know if its only my point of View, but ive read the whole thread now and there was not a single respond regarding the implementation of some good proposals for the main problem of the instance.

b2 as example was made A LOT easier compared to before, following the suggestions made here and there also were many minor changes made throughout the instance which were to our benefit, but as already mentioned, i too would like to hear the Devs thoughts/points of view about all this very much, mb even without it being an "official statement"...;)

1. Stats

• Usefull stats like Sta/Sta (Plate), Str/Str (Chain), Dex/Dex (Leather), Int/Int (Cloth) (Str/Sta,Int/Sta)
    • Not-Usefull or "crap"stats like Wis/Wis, Sta/Wis, Dex/Sta
    • My suggestion: Usefull stats can be dropped on red items, not usefull stats will be added to droptable of yellow stats on the purple items. I think this would be a huge change for the better.

2. Ice-Shards

• too much randomness, at the end not enough shards.
    • My suggestion: From B1 to B6 they always drop 1+2+3+4+5+5=20 Shards - no variable loot, fix loot please

i like 2. very much and the idea behind 1. as well, although i think like this it would make a huge difference to stat-economics in the game, but with some adjustments (not 100% droprate e.g.) this could be a good "template" for coming lootchanges, since Aldos design is similar

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Edited 2 times, last by melodic ().

• Obviously that must be caused by poor positioning (no offense), since there is a freeze about every 30sec to a single person and AoE, with 60sec duration there can only be 2 freezed ppl simultaniously. 3 healers is enough for b1 to be safe 100%, since 1 heal can easily do the job while 2 are frozen.

In 10min bossfight thats 20 freezes at all, with a full raid of 12 ppl thats 1,7 freezes per person, if in worst case noone gets frozen again while still being frozen (im too lazy to do the maths for that as well), so thats statisticly 102sec freeze in 600sec or like 1sec stun every 5sec...does that still sound that bad? VoR 3rd boss as example seems much more annoying for me in this case oO (not regarding the fight duration, just the mechanics)

if it were cleanable we could simply put all ppl but heals and tank in 1 spot, get them all frozen for 1-2 sec (reaction-/casttime) every 30sec and then clean them with d/s - thats way too easy for everyone and if this would be the case, Devs could save us and them the trouble at all - complaints about b1 being "a joke" guaranteed, espacially if there were just like 3 addphases, as proposed earlier as well.

when i hear ppl crying "i got frozen the 4th time in a row" thats bad luck with a chance by 1 in 2k...but on the other hand noone else is frozen in that time, being able to play the bossfight just fine - sometimes someone simply has to take one (or four) for the team :D

nah its not true we had good positioning and no freeze was caused by other teammates we were freezed by the boss^^ and this 30 sec cd for freeze from boss is bullshit is totaly random^^

• It is not. You positioning is totally crap therefore you get the freeze. We do not get the freeze at all. You just need to know where you stand (take care on the bubbles on the floor)