Mage: Item Set Skill Revamp and Balancing

• Official Post

Item Set Skill Revamp and Balancing

This dedicated sub-thread is for suggestions and feedback on the Lv 75+ Item set skills; it is not intended for discussion or debates on other players suggestions or the current state of Item Set Skills.

All posts within this threads must follow this format or they will be removed:

Skill Name:
    ISS Level:
    Suggested changes:
    Reasoning for these changes:
    Other:

• Skill Name: Shebamb's Think Tank
    ISS Level: 75
    Suggested changes: Instead of being skills it should be increase in magic attack, increase in mdam for second option and for the 3rd option it should be magical crit rate
    Reasoning for these changes: mage are pretty weak compared to scouts, melee and even weaker than wl and druid when it should have the highest burst imo especially m/w with its second gear
    Other:

Skill Name: Voice of the sea
    ISS Level: 85
    Suggested changes: Instead of hp it should increase your critdam or mdam on spells
    Reasoning for these changes: same as reason above
    Other:

Skill Name: name unknow
    ISS Level: 90

Suggested changes: idk what it does so no input atm
    Other:

Skill Name: Runic Formation
    ISS Level: 95
    Suggested changes: why does mage have a damage reduction iss i think this iss should increase chance of eruption or increase fire damage
    Reasoning for these changes: Mage is not really useful i hate being limited to classes
    Other:

Skill Name: The sage
    ISS Level: 98
    Suggested changes: Magical accuracy is useless maybe increasing magical attack or increasing crit by a percentage will be more useful
    Reasoning for these changes: mage is way behind other classes
    Other:

Skill Name: Shining Blade
    ISS Level: 99
    Suggested changes: light damage for mage and increasing healing is useless i suggest it does flame damage and increase critical mdam, mdam or magic attack by 15 to 25% maybe
    Other:

• Skill Name: Voice of the sea
    Suggested changes: Instead of restore MP it should increase magic attack and magic damage for next 60 seconds.
    Reasoning for these changes:druids can do more damage than mages with same gear.
    Other:

• Here's some ideas to revamp the new ISS's.

Note: Currently, some item set skills favor certain mage combinations such as the level 99 skill favoring M/K in the form of a light damage skill. My aim is to suggest neutral skills that all mage combinations can find useful. Also, I do not fully understand the magic damage formula, so don't take my damage numbers literally. I'm just trying to illustrate concepts so without further adieu...

Skill Name: Shetamb's Think Tank
    ISS Level: 75
    Suggested Changes: Change the skill from being a copy of Lucky Chance/Magic Tricks into a temporary buff to Intelligence.
    Reasoning for these changes: Going off of the name "Think Tank," I think of a a mage inspired in the form of more intellect.
    Other:
    Cool down: 2 minutes.
    Skill Description: A rush of intense thought floods your mind increasing your Intelligence by 10% for 40 seconds.

Skill Name: Earth Splitting Giant Phantom
    ISS Level: 80
    Suggested Changes: Change this skill from being a copy of Stone Scale Blade to an Enhanced Purgatory that deals massive damage to targets within range. Also change the name to Earth Splitting Explosion
    Reasoning for these Changes: The skill's icon was the inspiration for this change. Reminding me of a volcanic eruption so I tried transferring the concept of an erupting volcano into a mage skill. The goal here is to give the mage a big aoe like Elemental Rampage, but not as powerful. I used Magic Tricks' "Flame Dance" damage of 1.9 x 0.2 Int as a base when I came up with the damage numbers below.
    Other
    Cool down: 4 Minutes
    Skill Description: Channel nature's wrath for 5 seconds. If successful, deal 3.5 x 0.30 INT Fire damage to all targets within a 250 range. Affected targets will be left with a searing burn dealing "X" amount of fire damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. This skill will still enter cool down even if the cast is unsuccessful.

Skill Name: Voice of the Sea
    Suggested Changes: Instead of copying Recover Magic's skill effect, make it so reset the cooldown of Elemental Catalysis
    Reasoning for these Changes: Other mages, specifically the dwarf combos, have the ability to reset the cooldown of some of their skills. With mage's heavily relying on Elemental Catalysis, being able to access it more often would be a big help. This also allows the mage to technically extend their catalysis prolonging their burn phase.
    Other
    Cooldown: 5 Minutes
    Skill Description: Refreshed by the Voice of the Sea, immediately reset the cooldown of Elemental Catalysis.

Skill Name: Sys497768_name
    ISS Level: 90
    Suggested Changes: Be immune to the effects of Silence for 10 seconds.
    Reasoning for these Changes: Rom-Welten lists this skill as gaining the ability to resist shadow prison, but being immune to Shadow Prison seems too situational. Mage's are sitting ducks when silenced and this skill is meant to help alleviate that. Also, change the name to "Arcane Stability"
    Other:
    Cooldown: 3 Minutes
    Skill Description: Calm your mind and become immune to the effects of Silence for 10 seconds. This skill can be used while under the effects of silence to escape its effect, but the buff duration will then be reduced to 5 seconds.

Name of Skill: Runic Formation
    ISS Level: 95
    Suggested Changes: Instead of being a copy of Earth Collapse, make this skill increase the mage's magic damage at the cost of movement.
    Reasoning for these Changes: The name Runic Formation brings to mind a stance in which the mage stands still to focus their power hence the skill idea was born.
    Other:
    Cooldown: 3 Minutes
    Skill Description: Increase Magical Damage by 15% for 1 minute. Moving will end this effect early.

Name of Skill: The Sage
    Suggested Changes: Change this skill from being a copy of Sage to a skill that allows the mage to bypass the 0.5 second casting cap.
    Reasoning for these Changes: Mages can stack casting speed buffs but only up to 0.5 seconds which only allows 2 hits per second. Compared to other classes such as R/M and S/Wd, this will allow the mage to boost their speed further in order to catch up to the faster classes.
    Other:
    Cooldown: N/A Passive Skill
    Skill Description: Release the restraints on your mind , lowering the casting speed cap from 0.5 seconds to 0.3 seconds.

Name of Skill: Shining Blade
    ISS Level: 99
    Suggested Changes: Instead of being a copy of Sword of Divinity, make this skill increase the Mage's Eruption chance to 100% for a short duration.
    Reasoning for these Changes: Eruption is a nice skill on it's own and the m/p has a slightly higher eruption chance, but it's always random. Being able to take temporary control allows the mage to double its dps for a short amount of time. Also, rename the skill to "One with Fire."
    Other:
    Cooldown: 4minutes
    Skill Description: Master the element of Fire and increase your Eruption chance to 100% for 15 seconds.

I know that these skills don't necessarily "fix" the mage, but considering that applying the needed fixes in the form of ISS's would boost certain combos too much, I didn't want to suggest something too powerful. I feel like potential level 80, 90, and 100 elite skills should be used to balance out the mages among each other.

Edited 3 times, last by Cloakshire: Grammar Errors, Typos, Revising ().

• Skill Name: Mędrzec
    Suggested changes: Proponuję zastąpić ten skill passywką, która zmniejszałaby podstawowy czas castu skilla Płomień z 3 sekund do 2 sekund.
    Reasoning for these changes: Obecnie skill zwiększający celność magiczną jest totalnie bezużyteczny (celność magiczna nic nie daje). Zmniejszenie czasu castu dla podstawowego skilla dla maga poprawiłoby jego stały dps, a nie miałoby wpływu na burst, gdyż nie da się zejść z castem poniżej 0.5sek.
    Other: -

• It is just a joke, how little damage the "Mage" makes.
    Also a joke is, that the "Mage" have not one usefull setskill.

Please change something that our lovely "Mage" is playable.

For example change some setskills:

1.)

The setskill level 80 "Earth Splitting Giant Phantom" is so useless like snow in the summer :)
    I have never met anyone that use this skill.

Please change the skill in:

Name:

"Strength Of The Wind"

Description/Modification:

Permanently raises your Wind Damage by 20%, but also raises the aggro you cause by 5.0%.

2.)

The setskill level 85 "Voice of the Sea" is useless like a car without wheels :)

Please change the skill in:

Name:

"Deep Power Of The Magician"

Description/Modification:

For 20.0 seconds, increases magical damage by 20.0%.

180 seconds cooldown and the skills cost 1% Mana.

3.)

The Mage need a skill like the elite skill "Soul Stepping) form the Mage/Warlock.

That is not important like point 1. and 2. but definitely usefull.