Posts by Bollo

Well whether it's slightly or significantly you can decide for yourself by interpreting the data. The graph however is just based on the formula. Just take the part with the Attack Defefense Ratio and draw it yourself :)

ADF is based on (your_patt) / (enemy_pdef) ratio:
    ADF = { 0.1, if ratio < 0.2
    ADF = { 0.5 * ratio, if 0.2 < ratio < 1
    ADF = { 1 - 0.5/ratio , if ratio > 1

I think a NPC who trades charges for tier stones is a nice idea. But it should not have the same exchange rate (charges to stones) as if you would farm T6 items yourself. The NPC could be based on T5 Items (like belts you could buy instead of farm) so it would need 364 charges for one T10.

Everybody who is lazy could pay these extra charges, everybody else could continue farming or buying tier stones. It would basically cap the price of tier stones in AH because the npc would "sell" T10 tier stones for 273 dias (without promo).

I want to give some more information about physical attack vs. defence of the boss. First of all the formula postet by Undrentide(originally by Andreasels) is correct.

However, most of the people are not interested in calculations so I made a graph of the boss deff in relation to your own patt.

From the graph you see three different areas.

I. Patt below 20%:
    If your patt is below 20% of the boss pdeff you deal a fixed amount of damage, depending on your weapon and damage attributes.
    This is why tanks don't need to stat Patt at all and can still make damage.

II. Linear Range:
    The next point where the formula changes is where your own patt equals the deff of the boss. In this range your damage increases linear with your own patt.

III. Patt > Pdeff:
    Here your damage increase doesn't grow linear with your Patt. In fact if your Ratio Patt/Pdeff grows you'll get closer to the max value of 2* MaxDamage. But as you can see in the graph, your damage is still increasing significally while your patt is not way higher than the bosses pdeff.

To conclude, I want to relate these values to the actual content on Arcadia.

1. Goblin, Cenedril, old content like medium difficulty HoS, HoDL, ZurdS:
    Your Patt should be way higher then the boss pdeff so it is almost irrelevant.

2. Dalanis Nightmare:
    Here I found out, that the deff value of the boss must be very very high. I am always in range one, meaning that stating or buffing patt makes absolutly no difference. You can test it yourself and compare if buffing patt gives you any damage increase. If it does, write me ^^

3. Tikal and future instances.
    The exact deff values off Tikal are a secret but knowing the formula and your own patt values you can calculate the boss deff. I can reveal that it lies somewhere between 1kk and 1,5kk ;) This means that you will either have to debuff the boss to decrease its deff or you have to buff yourself to 1kk patt to get to the third range. And even there, every increase in patt will still benefit your damage.

this server is great, but one thing is bugging me for a while now. I have no clue how high deff values of bosses are in HoS, DN and Tikal. Usually I could look these values up on rom-welten, and I could calculate which kind of bufffood to use and how to stat my equip.

Does anyone know how to get these values? I allready looked through the fdb files but couldn't find anything ;)

Is it a secret? If not, maybe one helpful Admin could release this data or tell me how to calculate it from the npcobject base values :)

To decide if mdmg or matt food is better we would need the deff of the bosses. I tried to look through the database but failed to find values for the custom instances. Does anyone know how high these values are?

For Dalanis Nightmare I noticed that it was completely irrelevant if I had 200 or 300k Matt. Therefore I conclude that the deff must be higher than 1,5kk. But how high would be interesting to know :)

Hi,

sometimes I have the problem that mobs deal much more damage that I am used to.

To explain this I'll give a short background. I am Champion/Rouge and can play as tank or dd. To farm DN stones I often come as tank and can buff myself to about 450k Life and 800k Deff. With this values I am used to pull a bunch of mobs together to kill them with all of Champs AoE's. Normally that works fine and I have no problem with received damage at all.

But sometimes it happens that the mobs make much more damage when they get pulled and attack for the first time. I pull a mob, he gives me a ~200k whitehit, then I fight with the mob and the next whitehits are just ~5k.

I made a screenshot of my received damage. Keep in mind, that I had 800k Deff at that time and that I fought only with the mobs, not the bosses. In my opinion the mobs should not make whitehits that high.

Anyone else had the same experience? Is it a known bug?

I registerd to the forum to support Nadaná's proposal.

I am still new to this server and I like a lot of things like cheap Dias, interesting promotions and diamond trade in the auction house.

But one of the things that is a lot better on the off servers is the balancing. There we have a bunch of classes which can deal equal damage and a lot of different supporters which can boost damage or decrease deff. That makes makes it fun and interesting to build a group.

Here I have only seen HoS but it's like: Do you have 2-3 mdd's, preferable knight/mages? Then you can run the instance! Regardless of what I play myself I think thats boring. I can still find no reason why the mdeff is that low. I mean the developer team here seems to be dedicated, talented and knowing what their doing, so why was this decision made?

I can't tell about tikal (I heard it's more equal there) but HoS is really strange :huh:

So in my opinion either the Knight/Mage could be nerved like Nadaná proposed or the mdeff and pdeff could be adjusted.