Posts by andmars2020

Finally...with the new version of wine 6.0rc1 and updates to wine-momo and wine-gecko (which provides all the .NET and other windows related stuff) the game finally loads for me under linux and it looks flawlessly. I'd say there's no difference to playing under windows. Good job to the devs! :)

Aren't there any more linux/wine users who play this game? Maybe someone got it to run? The old client ran flawlessly but with the 64bit client (yes, I did a fresh and clean download/install with no add-ons at all) I can start the game, login in and get to character selection. I can even create a new char. But as soon as I hit "Enter World" it stops loading during loading-screen always at the same point (waited 20+ minutes with sound/music continues playing).

For my specs:

linux kernel (Arch Linux): 5.9.11

Xorg: 1.20.9.r21.g5c400cae1

Mesa: 20.2.3

Nvidia: 455.45.01 (I have a GTX 1660 Super)

Wine: 5.22 (tried Win7 & Win10 settings)

dxvk-bin: 1.7.2

Maybe the devs can find a solution here with the next patches. In general the game starts fine and there are no glitches/crashes during character selection. It's just that I can't get into game.

P.S. there are no crash-reports btw. I just kill the process at some point.

Good to see that I'm not alone in this boat. I can get to character selection but as soon as I hit enter world I get stuck on the loading screen and can't even get into game. But I'm sure the devs will fix that in the next couple days.

Patching and converting worked flawlessly. However I could start the Launcher, see the new loading image and get to login-screen. This has some strange dark shadows, as you can see here:

Graphic errors on login

When I enter my info and hit login, the game crashes. With the auto-login addon I get the typical loading screen which stops loading at about 35%. Downloading the client fresh didn't help.

So no playing CoA with the new 64bit-Client for me :(

But I'm not representative since I run the game with wine on Linux. It used to work fine with the 32bit-Client, but doesn't work now.

Info:

Kernel: 5.9.9.

wine-staging: 5.22 (set to 64bit WINEARCH and tested with Win7 and Win10)

nvidia: 455.45.01 (GTX 1660 Super)

UPDATE: Going from wine-staging 5.22 to plain wine 5.22 at least fixes the dark shadows. Playing still is not possible.