Posts by Arkamedix

As I said before you can choose between different purchase options to test if you like the VIP Membership and not necessarily spend more money than you have planned, so you have option to recharge 10 EUR and test it.

I don't want to test it because i already know i need it, especially as a new player. It has good quality of life improvements and they are "a must" for a newcomer and even if other say that it isn't, for me it is. What i want and it should be normal, is that i should not pay 10 euro for 14 days when there is a option with 15 euro for 30 days.

And again we go to that "subtle psychological enforcement" where you give me a choice (how nice from you btw), but we both know that the choice given is more expensive than the real price. We both know, deep in our moral conscience that what you offer me is wrong. You do it because that's your job and you need to promote the server and make everything look good, but it doesn't mean is right. I worked in a bank, in a "debt collection team" and trust me, i really understand your point of view. As you, i was put many times in the situation to do the wrong thing, especially "psychologically" influence people's decisions for my benefit. I'm 100% sure that if we would discuss this topic in private, not public, you would agree with me.

I am sure that the moderator who did it will be able to give you a better explanation about the reasons

Well...i can't wait for his reply.

This alone tells me you've made up your mind before you even came to the server, perhaps unconsciously, but nevertheless that is the case.

You read what we say, but you only really take in what you want to hear. And if you're that pessimistic, then nothing anyone can say will change your mind.

I am undecided. My brain wants to play the game to "fuel" my "pleasure receptors" (to say it like that), but my heart tells me that is wrong to do it. By agreeing to play, basically i encourage what i concluded so far. I hope you understand me.

You ask people to change your mind, but you must be open to it aswell, if you aren't willing to see what actual players have to say, then how could we possibly even make a dent in your beliefs.

This is another issue: someone said above that the server has a average population of 450-600 active players. Until now only 4 players replied. Where are the other 446 players? I don't expect 400+ players to reply to this post, but i expect at least 30-40 players to come with a opinion. What can i conclude when only 4 people reply out of a 450+ population? Either that 450+ population number is false or wrong or all the other players are too shy to give a opinion. As far i know, maybe those 4 so called players can be "alt admin accounts" ... who knows.

You act as if it's such a crime that this forum board gets moderated, but without that this board would be an absolute anarchy due to people like that posting whatever they want to post.

Okay, let's try this, tell me your opinion: why the title needed a change from "Bad feelings?" to " Paradise- my experience with the server" ? Give me a logical and reasonable argument. What was wrong with the words "bad feeling" that it needed to be completely changed? Just because the title was a bit "pessimistic" and didn't looked good for the image of the server, it needed a change?

So I really urge you to read over every reply the community has posted on your post so far, with a clear mindset.

Just leave the pessimistic one behind, try to look past your own negative view of the server so far, and just read it all again and maybe, just maybe you'll see it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

I already said that i "looked past" most of the negative "feelings" i have about the server (the VIP issue and the diamond pricing), but this freedom of speech issue is really important for me. It's not about money here, it's about principles. And if a simple thing (my title of this post) needed to be "filtered", what will be next? This is a huge red flag in my opinion. And taking in consideration that this is not an official, this issue is even more serious, because at least on official servers, they don't ban your account for saying something wrong on forums, but on such servers it happened countless times. So yes, i am pessimistic and i really want a good logical and reasonable argument to change my mind, because i really want to play this game.

You used "forcing" word, but remember that no one is forcing you to make purchases.

I used "forcing" word in this context:

Also, it bothers me that you don't have the option to recharge 15 euros. To have only 10 or 20 euro charge, means it was on purpose done, to force players spend more than they want.

I work in marketing and i know that when i use a word, i use the proper word to describe things. In this context, many games use this "enforcing" tactic to get more money from players, by pricing in-game items (VIP in our case) at a different price than the recharge options. This is a psychological enforcement on players, where there are some players who would want to get the desired item and they will play extra money just to get it. The game companies or in our case this server, tries to take advantage of players "weakness" and get extra money, even if the player wants to buy only the VIP and that's it.
    It's legal, nobody forces players to buy, but still it's a disgusting predatory tactic. I expected that from the old publisher (GF) , but not from a server, that theoretically should focus on players, because this is the main thing all servers bring as "advertise".

You shouldn't compare COA to WOW.

Even tho both are MMORPG, COA is Free to Play and developed by way smaller team.

WOW is king of such kind of games, with huge publisher and millions USD budget behind them.

I didn't compared the gameplay, number of dungeons and raids, classes, graphics, etc. I compared only the price. Basically VIP is a monthly subscription and although CoA's VIP has a option to make it permanent, not everyone affords to throw 100 euros in one charge, so majority will buy a monthly VIP. And as you said in your comment, "WoW is king, with huge publisher and millions USD budget behind them" and still their monthly subscription is cheaper than the VIP on this server.

No one is forced to pay more than they want, you can choose to pay 20 EUR if your favorite option is not included, but you can also choose to pay 10 EUR.

No offence, but we got a paradox here: i want the VIP but the only recharge options are 10 and 20 euro. So i ask : now, in the current situation, how can i get the VIP, without spending extra 5 euro that i don't want?

Maybe there is a trick i don't know...so please, help me.

You are completely wrong. In CoA we do not prohibit the freedom to express feelings and opinion from no one.

Well, sadly you just did it. You changed the title of this thread, by basically canceling my words and substituting them with what you think it "should be" . If this is not censorship or canceling, then i don't know what is.
    The title of the thread was not offensive, it didn't used bad words, so the question is why it needed a change?
    I feel personally offended by this "action" , which i consider to violate the freedom of speech. I totally agree that this is "your server, your rules", but from my point of view, the title didn't needed a change.

Any person should be allowed to say whatever they want (positive or negative) as long that person keeps a mannered language in his opinion. This rule i didn't broke, yet the title was still changed.

To make you understand why this "title change" bothers me so much, i give you this example: you for example make a car accident. It's not a serious accident, just car damage. The police come and starts asking you and the other driver how the accident happened. Then, at the end, when you need to sign your statement, you realise that the policeman modified the words you told him and used his words that doesn't fit the reality of how the accident happened. What you do? Sign and accept his modified point of view about the accident or you refuse and ask him to "put back your words", the reality of how the accident happened?

Onigh almost convinced me that this server worth to be played and worth the time and money i would invest. I was prepared to ignore the "VIP charging issue" and even ignore the high prices of diamonds and "just go with the wind"... But the title change made me rethink my decision and sadly, i am scared. There are plenty examples of other servers, where players after investing lots of time and money in them, where permanently banned for complaining about the game or saying the "wrong" things. And the credibility of this server is already ruined by your action (changing the title) and i am afraid that if i start playing, investing time and money and one day i do a mistake and say a "wrong thing", all my investment will be lost or my account will be taken "hostage" until i "pay my mistake" (like it happened in other servers).

I am sorry, i want to play, but this "freedom of speech" issue ruined my will to play. I don't know if there is a way you can convince me that i am wrong.

P.S. (edit to reply) :

And last but not least! Regarding censorship, now this for me is a very strong term to use to explain what happened.

There have been people in the past who's only goal is to stir up some drama, and one of the easiest ways it to come to the forum and make a thread full of lies and attacks towards the server.

While yes, maybe, that is their honest opinion, it doesn't take away that they're straight up lies.

And I think it's those lies that get filtered out, because those lies would definitely put people off who are genuinely interested in playing here.

I don't know the past of this server or it's dramas and i don't really care. I care only the present and what i feel, see, observe now. But what i know is that no matter what lies the other person is saying, as long his lies are made in a proper and mannered language, his opinions should not be "filtered" or deleted. His lies should be denied and confronted by other people, to prove that the person who makes those accusations is lying, but it should never be deleted.

This "concept" is the core of our democracy. I don't want to go deep into politics in a game forum, but the idea is simple: freedom of speech should be allowed, even if it is a lie. That's why it's called democracy, because the meaning of the word is : " government by the people" , which means that there is no "one ruler to rule them all" , but the people. If someone comes and says a lie, how can the other know if it is a lie or not, if his post/comment was already filtered or deleted by a "ruler" (aka in our context a GM or mod) ? That's why our society has a judicial system where everyone is NOT guilty until proven otherwise.

And btw, the "definition" or "description" of the word forum is : " a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue/topic can be exchanged" . And if there is no exchange of ideas and only "filtering" someone else's ideas, how can we prove it's a lie? Who decides that is a lie or not? How can a neutral viewer (let's say a newcomer) can asses the truth in this situation? And how is it called? Autocracy ? Dictatorship? You get where i want to go?

I believe that each person should have the right so say whatever they want, even if it disagrees with the majority. That doesn't mean that the person is saying the truth, but it means that his fundamental freedoms where respected.

I saw many servers and even official games who "filter" anyone who has a negative opinion, reasoning different ridiculous reasons and using the "terms of use" as a weapon against that person. Many EULA clauses are vague and don't explain in detail what you can do or not and leave room for interpretation. And usually, most of games, interpret things only how they want.

I'm actually pretty happy that the prices are now higher, as there are just WAY too many diamonds around. (and this is for new players bad, as items from the "newest" instance were around 70k dias... yikes)

No offence but this is not a reasonable argument for the high prices of this server, especially that you completely ignored the VIP price topic and that there is no 15 euro option charge, only 20 euro, which basically forces players to spend 5 more euros, even if they don't want.

And i consider this VIP topic important, because the perks you get with VIP can't be ignored and are "a must" in this game, especially in end-game.

I don't wanna lie but i would guess population is currently at ~450 - 600

That's a decent population, but still i am cofused because there is 0 chat activity. You need to be in Atlantis map to see the chat or you can see it from any map?

Well... is that bad? I would say no, seeing the moderators and devlopers around feels kinda good and tells me that they care about their game (just here a little test: "Grox please leave here a chicken for me". we will see what we get and how fast). Also besides that fact i never seen post's deleted for such "reasons" ( here a little example "I guess you came from official crapforge servers" (but yea theres a wordfilter... but its obvious why and i dont need to explain that i belive) well see if this gets deleted/changed/edited )

I consider that any opinion, positive or negative should be allowed on a public forum. As long the opinion is made in a proper language, polite and diplomatic, it should not be removed. My curiosity is why there is only that mod's comment and where is the comment of the creator of the post? This is a red flag for me and usually such servers use this "censorship" tactic to silence anyone who has a negative opinion about their server and i want to know how this server treats the players.

I can't tell you if you should stay here or leave to a other server, you need to decide that. Telling you "OMG F4cKnG BEST SERVER ON WORLD OMFG" would be just weird and maybe not even the truth for you, but i can tell you that i like it here :P

Sadly, your post didn't convinced me enough. I will wait for more answers, thank you for your time and patience to write your opinion. Have a nice day.

Hello everyone, just now (a few hours before this post) i found out about this server. I was looking for long time for a RoM server that is stable and decent.

The stable part, let's say that i found.

The decent part i'm not sure.

There are a few things that worry me and i am not sure if i should start playing or not:

1. The cash-shop prices seem a bit too expensive. 15 euros for a 30 day vip or 10 euros for 2k dias (which basically are nothing) i think it's a bit too much and it brings me bad old memories regarding the official server. Also, it bothers me that you don't have the option to recharge 15 euros. To have only 10 or 20 euro charge, means it was on purpose done, to force players spend more than they want. I mean come on, World of Warcraft has a cheaper monthly subscription and it's net superior to this game. Can someone bring a reasonable argument why a player should spend more money on a COA than on a GF server? It doesn't bother me to spend money, but i prefer a fair price. And in my opinion, the prices in this game are not fair. They should be according with the population and quality of the game/server.

2. I played for a couple of hours and the world was empty. Exactly like in official, no players at all. Dead world. It's true that i played at around 22:00 (UK local time), but still i expected to meet at least 1-2 players. What's the population of this server? For me it seems inexistent. Also i noticed that most of this forum posts either are too old or are made by the same people. This is another hint that the server has a very low population.

3. There was a thread named "Game dead" and a red flag sparkled my attention: from what i saw, the guy who made that thread, his post was deleted and instead there was a moderator post, praising the server. My issue is that i have issues regarding freedom of speech and cancelling other's people the freedom to express their feelings. And that post hinted me that the freedom of speech was denied for the person who started the post. I hope i am wrong, but seeing it from a external neutral perspective, this is what a newcomer see when he reads that post for the first time.

4. How many guilds are active and farming end-game content? How is the raiding done in this game? Like in WoW, certain days and times or random?

With this post i don't intend to create any drama, but i need to know if it worth starting on this server or not. As i said above, it doesn't bother me to spend money in a game, as long it worth : decent playerbase, active group content, etc.