Posts by personaenongrata

A new idea came to my mind. The fact that people are walking during the war limits the whole action. I think the "MOUNTED COMBAT" feature should be introduced. A true hero doesn't fight on foot. The Taborea universe needs heroes. Then let's fight on the mount in a way that suits the heroes. Of course, in order to add an action to the "MOUNTED COMBAT" feature, the possibility of falling off the mount should be added to the game when the damage is taken. Have a nice day.

"If the champion is a class that uses shield form then the limit of 242, as Serenadae suggests, is pretty good. The 272 limit you said is too much, as it will be the same as the Knight class. But if the Champion class limit will be increased to 272 then the knight class limit should be 300. Because the main tank class is Knight, the Knight class must always have the highest limit. Have a nice day"

No, 272 def skill I suggested exclusively to ch/k which likely will be pure tank just like knight is, hence my suggestion; I do agree for all other champs except ch/k max of 242 makes sense, as Sere suggested

Ok then we agree on all 3 of us. 242 for Champion class and 272 for Champion / Knight combo is quite reasonable. But the limit can be made 300 for Knight / Champion at the same time. Because the Knight is a pure tank class and the Champion class that can use the Shield form is chosen as the second class, the Knight / Champion combo should be at the limit of 300 in this combination. Have a nice day.

"I must admit that you made a pretty big mistake about the champion class. Because the Champion class is not a tank class but a melee dps class. Therefore, the current values of the Champion class are quite good."

Champion is actually a tank with use of shield form, hence the suggestion above

If the champion is a class that uses shield form then the limit of 242, as Serenadae suggests, is pretty good. The 272 limit you said is too much, as it will be the same as the Knight class. But if the Champion class limit will be increased to 272 then the knight class limit should be 300. Because the main tank class is Knight, the Knight class must always have the highest limit. Have a nice day.

In anticipation of a new weapon (gun) being introduced when new elite skills for several combo will come in sometime in the future, i wonder if it could be possible to add some time soon both gun and also already introduced spear as IS weapons that we could use for weapon leveling - I suspect to minimize work initial skins could be similar (maybe less flashy) to spear and gun skins already in game. Would give players a head start with leveling a gun weapon level (and spear if someone does not have one from rofl yet) before new elites come in. Hmm, just realized not sure any class can actually use gun atm, if not then I guess would be good to add IS items for gun and spear with the new elites patch

Thanks!

It would really make sense to add spear-type weapons to increase the variety of weapons in the game.

Since Champion is a class that is at least partially supposed to be a tank, I suggest increasing its maximum physical defense level (the one among the weapon skills) to 242.

Currently Champion is the only class dedicated to tanking that has such a low cap (for comparison, Champion & Mage 182, Knight 272, Warrior 242, Warden 242).

This should be a useful change, especially when taking into account that Champion/Knight is going to be a tank as well (at least according to charplan).

Since Champion is a class that is at least partially supposed to be a tank, I suggest increasing its maximum physical defense level (the one among the weapon skills) to 242.

Currently Champion is the only class dedicated to tanking that has such a low cap (for comparison, Champion & Mage 182, Knight 272, Warrior 242, Warden 242).

This should be a useful change, especially when taking into account that Champion/Knight is going to be a tank as well (at least according to charplan).

I completely agree, and I also would suggest for ch/k to increase max def level to that of a knight (272) - if i am not mistaken, the value can be different depending on a combo, thus for a dedicated tank such as future ch/k it does make sense to match the defense skill to that of a knight;

I must admit that you made a pretty big mistake about the champion class. Because the Champion class is not a tank class but a melee dps class. Therefore, the current values of the Champion class are quite good.

My idea would also give diversity since a lot of people play multiple roles, hence could use different stats - for example i play dps or tank, so i would likely farm to gain str and sta stats; someone else plays say healer and mage dps, so they would farm wis and int and maybe even sta, and so on - that would really make stats combo diverse and tailored to how different people play in terms of roles or different combos - thus increased diversity.

As you only gave examples for players who play these different classes already anyway, there would be no increase in diversity, all those players would just get stronger chars while switching between all those combionations...so...yeah...X/

Anyway, the only suggestion I offer is not to leave the distribution of stat points to the player's preference. So my other recommendations other than this one will add a lot to the COA. I think we talked enough about the stat system. Let's talk a little bit about other issues.

-A mission system where the player who wants writes his own mission script.

-A much more magnificent pet system than now.

Please don't just argue about stat points. I am also curious about your opinion on other suggestions. Have a nice day.

Actually, the stat point system I recommend is something different. For a better explanation of what kind of stat point system I recommend, please see the chart on this page that shows the statistics each class earns when they level up;

Attributes | Runes of Magic Wiki | Fandom (gamepedia.com)

The automatic distribution of stat points in this way causes all characters to be duplicates and reduces the diversity between players. The change I suggest is that how these stat points will be distributed is left to the player's own choice. Have a nice day.

The fact that a game is an MMORPG is a reason enough for me to play that game. However, I made these suggestions because I think COA is much better than other MMORPG games and I want to make a contribution to the greatness of COA. So in my eyes, COA is already a great MMORPG. But I have made my own suggestions to take the greatness of COA one step further. The reason I offer my own recommendation is not because I dislike COA, but because I can take COA further. So whether the suggestions I wrote are implemented in COA or not, COA is a great game in my eyes and I will always play COA. I will continue to play COA whether my suggestions are implemented or not. My goal was just to write an appropriate response to the topic of this forum thread. I do not have any bad intentions. And I don't make fun of anyone. So if you're not kidding, you've written thank you for your kind words, but you can be sure I'm not kidding you. Have a nice day.

Thank you so much for responding so quickly to a message I wrote. I think COA is a great game. I've just made a few suggestions to make it even more awesome. If these recommendations are not followed, I did not say I would definitely quit COA. Whether these features are in COA or not, I will still play COA. Since the purpose of this topic is to come up with new ideas, I just wanted to present my own ideas. Thank you for being so actively involved in the forum and advocating for the COA. It is really a great chance for you to defend the COA in such a good way. It is a great honor for me to play the same game with great players like you. Have a nice day.

Actually, I have ideas in mind that will make COA great again. If you want, let me explain the ideas in my mind in order;

- The character played in COA earns a certain amount of stat points for each level up. But unfortunately, these stat points are distributed automatically according to the class of the character. And this ensures that all characters in the same class are the same. Instead, as in other MMORPG games, the way stat points will be distributed should be left to the player's choice.

-Players should be able to write their own story missions. For example, the foundry system in the game NEVERWINTER.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Foundry

-Character combinations that cannot be used can be made available. For example, there are no elite skills for Warden / Champion or Druid / Warlock combinations. For classes that do not have elite skill combinations, unavailable character combinations should be made available by adding elite skills.

https://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Class_Combo_Table

- Creature taming system can be developed. For example, in the game called RAPPELZ, there is a very detailed creature taming and development system. It would be really great to implement the system in the game called RAPPELZ on this server.

https://glse45.wixsite.com/mysite-2/the-pets-how-to-tame

These are ideas that urgently need to be implemented for the COA. But if other ideas are requested I can offer many more suggestions. Have a nice day. Good work. Good luck.

When you go to https://www.curseforge.com/all-games and look at it, it is seen that there are 321 add-ons in Runes of Magic and Chronicles of Arcadia categories. Please do a compatible work on these 321 add-ons while converting the game client to 64-bit. Having hundreds of add-ons wasted wouldn't be good for the future of this game. I hope this suggestion will be taken into account. Good work and have a nice day.

Why would these add-ons no longer work?

These are just pure lua and xml, I don’t think it needs any code refactoring in the addons itself and any incompatibilities will have to be solved in the client.

As you explained, I tried to explain that the game client should be developed in accordance with the existing 321 add-ons. So if the 64-bit game client is developed to be compatible with the currently available 321 add-ons it would be perfect. We wouldn't want hundreds of add-ons developed for COA to be wasted, right?

When you go to https://www.curseforge.com/all-games and look at it, it is seen that there are 321 add-ons in Runes of Magic and Chronicles of Arcadia categories. Please do a compatible work on these 321 add-ons while converting the game client to 64-bit. Having hundreds of add-ons wasted wouldn't be good for the future of this game. I hope this suggestion will be taken into account. Good work and have a nice day.