Posts by scypion

I like:

- usually casual game

- nice instances with a lot of tactics. some of them you can solve in different ways

- with good guild you can have a lot of good spent time

- you can get free items every day

- you can buy almost anything in item shop - this is the reason it is casual. for example: production runes - in RoM you had to grind to get them, here you can buy 100 runes in promo for 5 dias. So it is not so frustrating.

- if you want to grind. farm tiers and you will get diamonds or t16 weapon. it will take you a lot of time. or a lot of money.

- it is necessary to give some effort if you want something rare. you can not buy 100 level in crafting by one click. you can not finish instance by one click - you have to learn tactics and make some friends because new instances are not solo ones.

- great community. in other games you have better graphics, less crashes etc. but I couldn't find better community and support team. for example: I wrote a ticket in the middle of the night and I get solution in 5 minutes on my mailbox in game. When I start the game I get some free items from guild to make my game more efficient, they did not kick me when I do not have time for them either (in other game (top1 guild) I get kicked because I preferred help wife than go to war/instance). Community is mature here.

- you can get diamonds for in game gold or other currencies

- speed of leveling. I hate doing quest, here I do not have to. On the other hand, my wife love to do quest. So she is doing them when have free time and get for example titles. if you want to have all classes then you probably will make quest either way. you have exp x10 but you have also x10 classes to level up per each character.

- starting equipment is great but it only help you quests fast. It is not good enough for instance over 100 level. Still it is great help for new player so he can start his journey. their stats are yellow (2 attributes) so are 50% worse than purple stats (4 attributes). Probably no one will give them for free so you have something to do.

disadvantages:

- almost no one is playing PvP. I hate it in RoM but one battle from time to time would be great. it is less crashes so why not to try.

- still crashes, but it is a lot of progress here. Before I tried CoA I installed RoM and I couldn't get from logar to Varanas without crash, here I could. they for example: removed unnecessary NPC or moved them, to lover the number of objects to read by game engine.

- it is free2play so if you have a lot of money you can be king in one day. But it will cost you a lot. Of course it is cheaper than in RoM.

I am playing 6 months, put some money and even now do not have end gear. So there is really a lot to do.

yeah and you can not even delete them so You see those dots to the end of the game.... how nice ;(

I just login after changes in number of characters and it is working good now.

temporary solution:

1. Reason of bug: invisible limit of total characters used in bookmarks.

2. Just change your bookmarks names to "1", "2", "3" etc. Then restart game. It should be fine.

I love to have all communication channels in separate bookmarks so I created a few ones. Now I can not even open last ones I added.

I was trying to change their names to short ones but it did not help at all. What can I do to get it work or just delete bookmarks I can not see?

is this bug or I am doing something wrong? There is no information about bookmarks limit when you add new one so it should work.

yeah but all economy around gold/diamonds trade can fall apart. if you need gold you can always buy from players on auction house. getting too much gold into game usually is not the good solution. of course changing it a little should be fine because guild towers buffs are very expensive on high levels.

maybe it will be good because main currency in game is diamonds, not gold. So there should not be rising in prices.

I had it too. Just lover your graphics settings. Propably there is more players because of new content.

Game have problem with memory as I see it. Too many things to read into your system memory and you have crash. Temporary solution is to create another channel so there will be less players to read and show.

I will add few things. I played a lot of MMOrpg after I quit rom, and return to CoA after few years. There are few ways to solve the problem:

1. one game have about 45 channels. so it is some kind of solution.

2. another have each channel for party members only. in CoA programmers propably can somehow add this option to graphics settings. should be less crashes like on instances. (one channel = one party)

3. game is slowing down because of lot of players. fps drops 150 -> 20. or sometimes slowing time so the server have more power to cover all characters.

Of course if we want to have some PvP in the future; game engine have to keep at least 36 players online without crashes for 15 minutes. I do not like PvP so I do not care about it now.

yes I am using default directory. I can not tell for sure when settings are gone. I get 3 categories of crash:

1. normal crash - i get popup window with notice

2. game is closing without me doing anything. suddenly just close. it looks like operating system is closing it for some reason or game get critical error that it is not taken by crash notice system.

3. game get loop - cursor is changing to sandglass or something and operating system is telling that game is not responding. in other software you can wait and everything is fine. in arcadia I have to close the program because it never ends. maybe some addon doing something too long or i do not know.

but not matter the reason if I can find a way to lock down settings file from being changed by game then everything should be fine.

There is already topic with it but links there do not work.

Problem:

Settings are often deleted after game crash.

Solution:

1. In the topic on forum someone created a script to copy settings files and then restore them with another script. These scripts are gone so please someone copy them here.

my idea:

My idea is to force game to not change these files at all. Nowadays, I can play 2 weeks without changing anything in the game at all. and then suddenly crash and all gone. It is annoying. But if we lock down files on operating system level from modifying then everything should be fine. Main problem here is how to quickly lock and unlock those files from change/delete.

why is it annoying?

for example: arcadia utilities default setting is to drop out production runes, low ammo etc. For new player or someone who love sell everything it is very bad settings. I collect these things and sell but when settings are lost everything is lost too because addon load default settings with dropping all items.

Restoring favorite setting also take time so you know what I mean....

anyone care to help or have some idea?

Nowadays honorary party is useless because on this server you reach l30 in one mob hit on l104.

But a lot of new players are having problems with tikal prequest. You can give some points for helping them out with quest.

PL: drużyna honorowa jest obecnie bezużyteczna ponieważ na serwerze wystarczy jeden hit aby ktos mial juz l30. Dodatkowo jest jump event więc definicją tej drużyny było pomoc nowym graczom. Obecnie nie spełnia to tego warunku ponieważ nowy gracz to l80 ktory bedzie probowal na przyklad zrobic sobie wejsciowke na tikala. Jeżeli jest taka możliwość proszę o zweryfikowanie czy czegoś nie da się zrobić aby zdobyć chociażby punkty honoru za pomoc nowym graczom. Nie ma sensu zwiększać punktów talentu bo wiadomo że zacznie to być nadużywane ale warto dać możliwość wykorzystania tego systemu w idei w jakiej został zaprojektowany.

Recipe - Transforming book potion

ingredients:

50 x Life Crystal

50 x Illusion Crystal

50 x Tough Crystal

30 x Spirit Essence

30 x Study Essence

30 x Mirror Essence

60 x Minotaur's Soul

40 x Harpy Holy Spirit

250 000 Gold

It is using items that are forgotten because everyone do elite on hefner or IS so dungeons meybe will run again.

effects:

you can use this on player and change him into book (chronicles of arcadia logo on it). while he is changed he can not move and is starting to write jokes (you can just put few in a loop) about himself. You can not use potion in battle or in dungeon. it will take 4 minutes and player can debuff himself by clicking on buff.

PvE endgame dungeon - random generation dungeon floors.

Tower of Death

On outside looks like big scary tower. On the inside single room like warnoken arena but bigger.

Gameplay:

Party come and have to defeat random boss.

Rewards:

- coins per cleared floor. Higher floors give more coins.

- leader of the party guild name will be displeyed on billboard outside of tower with highest cleared level. So the guild will be famous.

Random boss creation:

1. Random of type of boss in game.

2. Level of the boss is current level of best dungeon in game so it will change with each massive update.

3. Element of the boss will be random choosen from: fire, ice, wind, water, melee etc. Looks of the room will be changed according to this - you can do this by creating warp point after defeated boss. And make these rooms by little color changing from main first floor.

4. With each floor power/atributes of the boss will take +25% like on RT dungeon so it will be really hard to get to even floor 10.

5. After each 5 floor the boss will get special tactics to clear - HoS colors, or a lot of mobs so party will need second tank to care of them.

Impact on game:

- every guild will want to take title: the best PvE guild in game

- economy will run because there will be new challenge. When one guild will take title others will want beat it.

- dungeon will not be boring because every time will be diffrent - little random generation is not so bad. and because it is random; party will have to be ready on every possible situation. There will be no perfect class - any time you can get boss who will need some other class to be more helpfull.

Meybe it is good or bad idea. do not know but everyone want some ENDGAME content. This will give some content with less effort.

thx. I am using polish client. I also notice that when the promotion run all titles packages where in english. Now with each game restart I see translation. Meybe it is the problem.

I do not know if there is bug/error or not. But I can not see all items from forum weekend promotion topic in IS (game).

missing:

for example

Honor of Dedication Title Package

(I see 18 titles on forum and 13 titles in game)

Summoning Stone - Travelling Merchant (30 Days)

should I click something to see this or meybe I have some addon who hide it.