Posts by Lyndin

Greetings, as a new player myself - or returning player who played the original Runes of Magic back in ~2005 - i got the following ideas/opinions/suggestions/comments.....

Reducing exp debt for newbies.
    - get rid of the exp debt entirely. It adds nothing but frustration and annoyance to the game, if you must keep it in the game, i would change it in a way like it works in Darksouls, once you die, you got exp debt but you can get rid of it completely by touching your gravestone, like you can recover souls in the soulslike games.

The other points i am sure how well they will actually benefit new players.
    I would change the low level zones, espacially with the modified exp, you can breeze through them and get a lot of levels in a few hours, but its also super long if you also want to complete all the quests to get the achievements.
    I would take a look at the quests and simplify the questing experience, you got some really annoying quests, eg in Logar you got some annyoing fetch quests where you have to travel across the map several times. Or the low drop rate quests around varanas, like the 15 pages of the legends of taborea.

I would also consider rebalancing some of the low level group quests, as you don't have many people in that area, sure you can simply switch to your free level 80 class and oneshot them, but you could also rebalance these mobs, in a way they are killable solo on level 15 (or the corresponding level in that zone). This would also be against the MMORPG idea, but i doubt you got more than one premade group a year who go into the Logar instances and take on the elites and bosses in the classic tank/heal/dps group composition, i would guess 99% of players will call a friend or wait till they levelep up enough to oneshot them and get the quest done asap.

I would adress Buffs as well, why are my own buffs which only buff myself, limited to 10~15minutes. If you can't make them a passive like many others, just increase the duration to an hour or more. eg. Rouges got stuff like "Dagger Mastery" a passive, conviently active all the time, but Mages "Energy Influx" has to be clicked every 900secs, but this could also be a passive as it only affects my own character (i haven't checked if there is an elite skill with a class combo, which can apply it to the party, but in this special cases the base skill could still be a passive and only be changed when the eliteskill is learned)

I would also suggest your future eliteskills to be displayed in the skills tab, so can check right from the start which skills you will learn at certain levels. You can already check on the eliteskills, when speaking to the eliteskill masters, but its troublesome and i doubt someone who never played this game (or the original Runes of Magic) will know this and talk to the eliteskill guy.