Posts by Kahtoo

Dear Arcadians,

we will restart our servers quick to apply our hotfix to yesterday's patch 9.0.0.

Bugs fixed:
    - The weapon skill - levelbar shows now the correct level, even above 100
    - Your general class skills have now a max level of 102 instead of 100.
    - Some Class skills that were maxed on 50 before are now max level 55
    - Event NPCs in Varanas now trade with you again even above level 100
    - Siege war packages now give you items again even above level 100
    - All shops have been updated, you can find now level 97 items in Varanas for Phirius Shells and Proofs of Myth

We will be back online soon

Best wishes
    Your Arcadia Team

Dear Arcadians,

at 29. Feb 2016 23:00 CET we will shutdown Paradise for maintenance
    in order to patch it with our latest update.

A detailed patchlog will be posted in our forums later.
    The server will be back around 01:00 CET at 01. March.

Best regards,

Your Arcadia Team

Once upon a time in the lands of Taborea, long before Ayvenas gave up the world, there was a glamorous city.
    Full of riches and treasures, this city was the center of all trades and alliances of Humans, Elves, Dwarfs and many more folks.
    The people called this city Tikal, which is the old taborean word for magnificent.

One dark day evil troups attacked Tikal and occupied it completely.
    Almost noone survived this battle and those who did, got arrested.

Only a few heroes could escape from the destroyed strongholds and took refuge in Lyk, the capital of the Dragonfang Ridge.
    The king of Tikal - Pakal - used an old spellbook, an heirloom of his grandfather, and sealed the portal to Tikal
    so that none of the evil creatures can ever pass the gate and come back out again, not knowing he left his daughter behind, so she got trapped and captured inside Tikal.

Thousands of years later, Wrakal, the brother of Pakal and leader of the invaders developed a key which shall be used to open the portal once again.
    Now the evil passed the gates and came back to Taborea.
    A portal, stabilized with a key of such power, may only be closed with the same key.

Will you help Pakal and his subjects to obtain this key and rescue the princess?

Tuesday, 01. March 2016 - Patch 9.0.0.0225 - Return of Pakal

This will be our 4th custom content package and the development team works hard on it right now.

A final release date is not known yet, but our informations are, that the devlopments are in the last steps now so perhaps we can count on the patch in the beginning of february already :)

Thousands of years ago, Pakal, the leader of the ancient civilization Tikal thrived in Taborea. His care for the people became a legend and his mystical arrival on Taborea has never been forgotten.
    People worshiped him and thought he was one of those who came from heaven.Tikal led and built the prosperous civilization in a short time, until one day..
    Pakal left Taborea with his magical construction and disappeared in the darkness of the night sky.
    He only said: "I will come back in the far far future.."

Shall his return set Taborea up side down? Or will there be a solution for all the danger?

Discover new adventures in Patch 9.0.0 - Return of Pakal
    New Questline, Quest Items, Instance, Equipment and many more.
    Coming up soon!

Finally we managed it to upload our Insomnia client, update the .PlayerNet App and complete the .PlayerNet Web interface !

The .PlayerNet web will allow you to manage all your game accounts and characters in one static account.
    Also we have implemented an easy social network interface so you can add friends and write messages to each other.
    You will have the oppotunity to connect your existing Chronicles of Arcadia account to .Playernet in order to purchase diamonds, change race or gender of your character and much more.

Also we have created an own currency called "Playernet Credits" - further called PNC.
    From now you are not able to buy diamonds directly from the arcadia homepage anymore, but you have to purchase a desired amount of PNC.
    The PNC Base is: 1 PNC = 1 Euro

It is not to make it more difficult for you to get your hands on diamonds, but easier for us to manage all transactions for multiple games.

After you have connected or created a game account and purchased a certain amount of PNC you are able to buy diamonds over the Chronicles of Arcadia page inside .PlayerNet.
    Also you can pay race/gender changes with PNC, but also with diamonds, as regulary.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact us via the support site or here in forum. We will gladly help you with all of your issues.

Until then, best wishes and enjoy .PlayerNet.

.PlayerNet Team

Hello, no that's not a bug.

The .PlayerNet app still finds an existing installation.

Go to c:/stary3d and check if Arcadia Runes of Magic and delete all it's content if you don't want to use it anymore, then you will be able to download the client again.

Besides the app is not updated yet, we will announce it as soon as its out today.

Hello and thanks for your suggestion but:

there is a reason why the results per search are limited to 500 -
    a higher limit would mean longer loading time, a delay that every player would notice, not only the players who browses the AH.

Sadly RoM is not the most resource friendly game as we all know,
    so increasing the AH search limit would not only load unnecessary data onto our servers, also on the players PC.

You can use Advanced Auction House addon to increase the possibilities of filtering.
    For example you can filter by stat values in this addon, so you won't get 500 manastones, but only the stones with the values you set in the filters.

Hello,

the manual patch site works just fine.
    As for the addons - there seems to be a problem with our old CDN. The addons will not be available until we have cleared up the situation.
    We probably move the packages to our new CDN and the downloads can go on within the next days.

The good things on the app is, you can even shutdown your computer when you go sleep while downloading, next day it will just resume at the point where it stopped :D

At the moment this dungeon is bugged too, as it has been released in alpha state as well as veiled crypt.
    That's the reason why it is closed on any other server too.

At the moment we are working on it but i can't give any information about a release date atm.

About adding the items to HoS - we prefer leaving HoS as it is and really wait for the dev team to bring bone peak up.
    It's not our intention to flood the server with items of an instance that is not even up yet, we did so with Kashaylan because we saw no chance to bring it up soon, but for bone peak the chances are good.

Stay tuned

The "password encrypted" file which is mentioned on your screenshot is the update.inf file.
    This is password proetected since the very first RoM version.

Please download the client files from my last link and paste them into your directory.
    I have no other idea atm.

I asked you a simple question, please answer that first, so we can go on with problem research. ^^

Steam has a good help page for the exact same issue here

https://support.steampowered.c…le.php?ref=1754-YGKN-9192

I sadly can not say that the patchfile itself is corrupt, i made MD5 online check here and
    the result was the same like the result of the patch on the server ( 20598FB6CCB0AEAC60C43E58F0ECB7A4 )

I fired it into antivir and malware checker and it's completely clean.

-UPDATE-
    You can also download the extracted client files here. Just extract them into your game directory and enjoy the game again.
    Though it is not a final solution, it's a start

I can not turn off my virus checker, there are protections built into it that prevent someone from doing so

What the h*ll? Now we know your problem..
    No antivirus tool should be the master about it's own status, so i guess it's also blocking the patchfile.

Which antivir do you use exactly?

Sorry to hear that but i told you something is blocking the patch from inside your PC.

If starting the file as admin does bring you an error that you have too low permissions you should definitely check your antivirus settings or as i said; turn off the antivir while patching.

Since you are the first guy with this problem i have no other idea atm but i'll give you an update as soon as i have.

Some patches have a self-extract archive inside and some antivirus toosl don't like that.

For me it sounds that something on your PC is blocking the download for the file and not something from outside.

You can try two things:

#1 Turn off your antivirus tool while you download the patch
    or
    #2 Download the patch from here

I packed the patch into a .rar archive so actually nothing should complain about this download

Alright, i have uploaded the patch here

Please try to download and install it from there, then tell me if your game connection works or if you get any error while logging in.

Regarding your screeenshot the connection to the website works perfect
    EDIT: --Nvm, just read it---

And can you login to the game itself?

Try this link please

The website is up and no network errors here. Maybe it is a real "network" error in your connection.
    If you still can not reach the site or download the patch, please open your CMD window and write the following:

ping arcadiarom.com

and screenshot the results.

Then do the same for

ping google.com

And also screenshot the results and post both here.