Posts by anbubg

Have you forgotten all the "buff scouts", "delete mages" & "delete chain items" in the world chat? "Balance", but I am happy that you are happy about that. :)

Indeed, unlike RoM, in CoA people hardly delete the secondary classes due to the XP bonus - it's easier to get another one and level it up or make another char.

I use this for party invitations:

Code
    local _G = _G;
    local g_AcceptGroup = _G.AcceptGroup;
    local g_StaticPopup_Visible = _G.StaticPopup_Visible;

-- Calling AcceptGroup() does NOT close the dialog. That must be done "manually".
    local dialog = g_StaticPopup_Visible("PARTY_INVITE") or g_StaticPopup_Visible("HONOR_PARTY_INVITE");
    if (dialog) then    -- This should always be true but check it just in case
        _G[dialog]:Hide();
    end
    g_AcceptGroup();

However, I haven't tested if it still works in the current version.

Yes, I would as long as the old elite skills get balanced.

Since you are so eager about getting new elite skills then please do post a list of 330 new elite skills so the devs can implement them for us. :)

The game (RoM) was the most balanced when the top instances were CL & KS. With each new instance & feature the balance changed completely. Some of us still remember how scouts were farming RT dia with 0 attack speed.

I've have played RoM since it was still beta (there were no 35 level elite skills back then) until JoH/PoM (including). I've been the only k/m tank (Kurvabg) on Macantacht for ages. I have contributed to RoM wiki on many subjects, especially the elite skills. I've seen so many times how my guildmates were forced by the game & its "balance" to delete their secondary classes and pick meta ones just to be useful during runs and it hurts me seeing that after so much time this hasn't changed.

Some of us did suggest changes to certain elite skills, however, usually these posts get ignored by the devs. Also, this thread is super long and many players simply don't bother following it.

P.S. The original post of mine was in another thread, however, it's been moved here by the moderators, that's why it might seem irrelevant to the current thread.

Work on the class balance. It's been 8 years of CoA and even more of RoM (am I wrong?) and most of the combos are still not welcome in end game instances (other than as leechers I mean). There are 2 ways to balance the things - either try making them somewhat equally good or try making them somewhat equally bad. Even Hackman can see that the only correct approach is the former, the latter will make the affected players "love" you. :)

Meanwhile, a good compensation/stimulation might be an increased number of items in the loot based on the number of the non-mainstream/non-meta/non-imba/non-OP combos currently in the party. You should be able to gather (with easy) the info which the most frequently used combos in instances are and of course which the least frequently used ones are.

Consider asking the players to assist you with the balancing (for free). There are 110 combos, each one of them has pros and cons (mostly cons :D) and I Doubt you, devs, have the judgement, the knowledge and the XP with all of them - don't try making combos-affecting decisions on your own (again) - we are well aware, devs, that it's impossible to actively write code and invest enough play time to test its consequences at the same time.

//===================== Edit =====================//

Please do NOT add 80, 90 & 100 level elite skills contrary to what a few people suggested. For those of you that aren't good at math, adding these elite skills means introducing 3 * 110 = 330 new skills! That's massive amount of work, tons of bugs (as if there aren't enough already) and most likely new imbalance issues. Also, this will decrease the chance for introducing a new class drastically because it will increase the number of the elite skills needed to be introduced for all of its combos.

The description/tooltip is wrong. It increases the parry CHANCE by flat 40% NOT the parry RATE. I also tested how it stacks with [Survival Instinct] and it added exactly 40% to the parry CHANCE (not RATE).

As you can see on the screenshot, the parry rate is 0 but the chance to parry is 40%.

I get this exception when i use the scroll button over the Recent News in the client:

Something seems broken on M/K, sometimes casts like music, kfc or even spells are randomly interrupted. No idea what causes this, wasn't able to reproduce it yet, but had this issue multiple times. Wasn't in combat, but that seems not to be the trigger. Anyone else experienced the same?

This is from RoM wiki and it's pretty old:

I haven't checked it in CoA. Ref: https://runesofmagic.fandom.co…age_/_Knight_--_Theurgist

Description: Often the skill stops gaining souls and it's NOT due to the "Limit for same type of enemy still applies; maximum 20 from same target, maximum 1000 from same type of enemy" - I double checked that. I got 78 stacks of [Harvested Souls] in Chassizz then the skill stopped gaining souls anymore.

Since: 10.7.0.2000

P.S. There was a similar bug with the same skill in the previous version(s) of the game prior acquiring the level 60 elite skill [Psychic Homicide]. However, obtaining [Psychic Homicide] fixed the issue (or at least I couldn't reproduce it anymore). Did you copy that bugged implementation?

Description: The skill seems to suck 1% MP/s and that info is not in the tooltip. The skill does not have a buff icon (you can see that the skill is active only by the consumption). According to the patch notes, the skill should have 30 seconds cooldown but it's still 300.

Since: 10.7.0.1002 or earlier

I had the same issue. However, once I obtained the 60 level elite skills the bug disappeared.

I reported that bug in details directly to the devs a few weeks ago and the last patch should've fixed it.

Please remove the mana cost (or make it regeneration) of knight/bard level 15 elite skill - at level 81 with the starting equipment it has less than 9k mana, holy strike sucks 500+. Bard/knight won't mind any mana regaining effect either. Also, probably a bug, the 80 level starting plate items have chain gloves instead of plate ones. :)