Posts by Badgas

I have a fresh install of windows 10 64bi, which c++ runtime files do I need, I started with the latest 2015 version and I keep getting a message that MSVCR100.dll was not found, I kept going back version which I can find so far back to version 2010 and still get the same error message.

I remember this issue years ago after a fresh install of windows but can't remember which package I had to download and use.

Being kicked out of the instance for crashing client has always been annoying for years. If the party/raid leader crashes and the new leader is on a different channel or have the instance set to a different mode then the older leader who crashed he will be outside even if the party/raid is less then 12 man. Part of a solution is when everyone enters the instance is to have their instance level all reset to the leaders level (IE: Easy or Normal or Hard), so if the leader crashes the mode is not changed to the one set by the new leader.

I have a new issue since this new ToolTips modification.

When I enter combat my FPS drops from 80+ to less then 10, but will only do this if my mouse pointer is in the screen around the monsters I am killing or around my character. If I move the mouse pointer over the chat box, or actionbar, or move the pointer out of the game window my FPS is fine. When the target dies the FPS drop is at its worst, that is when my screen has noticeable pauses or stuttering.

What I have tried to fix it for myself and works is, extracting the old gametooltip.lua and gametooltip.xml from an older data.fdb and placing it in my games folder /interface/worldxml

The FPS drops and Screen freezes stop. There is something in the new code causing the FPS drops.

Also the OnUpdates are reading elapsedTime but not doing anything with it, is there maybe supposed to be a delay function there to reduce the number times that function is being read ?

But most noticable is if you mouse over a target there is also a FPS drop too, and seems to be coming from the GameTooltip_OnUpdate, the drop in FPS is huge. New GameToolTip code fps drop is close to 90%, using the older GameToolTip lua and xml the frame drop is less then 50%. What other mods were done ? Client mod maybe?. I never see FPS drops like this on a mouseover prior to the new tool tips.

I have the wrong version client.exe after the 7001 patch.. The patch installed but client.exe remained at 7000, now can not log in, I get the message "Your version is different from the server"

Grox or another GM can you post the client.exe 10.1.1.7001 please

If I was DEV for 'One Day' there is not a lot that can be done, coding takes time and debug/testing code take longer. So, I would make macro to target everyone in range and kill them and post LOL messages in world, and if they die they get some random items as a bonus :)

But if I was a DEV for a long time and was like a GOD at C++ and LUA I would find and fix all bugs that make rom CRIT or Freeze or Client Close with no warning, like passing through that archway in atlantis. Upgrade the GFX system/Game engine to look more 3D and make use of new DirectX features, make all FDB and WDB data unpack and stay in memory so Zone boundary changes don't lag the client and all NPCs are visible without waiting 15+ seconds to see them (yes needs lot of ram but I more then enough)

And last thing as Dev is my own test server of Arcadia, something much better then the old 6.0.7 one floating around in the wild.

This quest is now a few days old. I have sat at the PC for all the time I have been awake waiting for Monsters to spawn, click on my Potion from Anna Warrens. But that is all that happens. After a minute or two they disappear then nothing else for 6 hours till they spawn again, i get a debuff, use potion then nothing.

I have tried not using the potion, tried using it as soon as I get it, and tried using it only when monsters spawn. Yet nothing is happening. I was so frustrated that people say its working, so I deleted the quest and will try it again.

I cant say for sure the quest is buggy since the instructions for it as very poor, but if I do the same as someone else why do they get a stacking buff and I do not.

Quest ID: 427256
    Quest Name: The Demons Behind the Wall
    (Main Quest Chain - The Spirits of Despair)

Zone 33 Moorlands of Farsitan

The NPC to kill in this quest (Bawagos ID:109056) is not there, the Quest Giver option to activate/join the quest event says the event is already running.