Posts by Heddin

Hi all,

I finally found some time to post - was busy week :) Great idea Nadana, we all love to dream!

Here are some things I would work on:

1) make a 6 man ini that drops endgame purple stats - have gorge for gear and 6 man ini for stats if don't have enouth for gorge run - would make ppl more active - just try to make strat so that pugs can do it - i.e. if one fails not a wipe or 1 boss takes 30 mins :D

2) Mini games shells - add npc to trade for arcadia coins or buy purple stats - atm there is 0 reason to run minigames as shell stats are not usable

3) 12 man ini - if raid full and you crash - make it so you return back in - this is one of the most annoying things in ROM LOL to the extent we almost always try to have 1 spot open since we all know how easy it is to crash

4) Make hard version from some older ini - I don't think that should be too hard - just adjust values and loot tables - again we need more hos hard like ini but need to be worth it to run else ppl don't run

5) Unique amulets - we have spots and this is great opportunity to make it useful/interesting like short damage buff or pa/ma buff or speed buff for burst or heal something - many interesting combos

6) I think we could add another 1-2 new elites 75/80 maybe - this of course will be hard with balancing and all, but would be exciting!

7) Crafting - most is not really useful - maybe make an option that crafters can do something extra to gear, not huge but like refine one more time - say purple to orange or something which adds few % to all attr - not huge but would make it worthwhile to invest time, maybe create a new/separate crafting profession

Just few for me atm :)

Happy Holidays everyone!

Rakot

LOL +1 to Mado

The freeze is indeed random, and def not once per 30 s LOL, its easy to see if freeze is due to poor positioning or from boss, sadly it is often from boss, I still think the boss is simply annoying and brings 0 value with those adds every 10%, have them 70/30% and that's it - will work same, strat check is done, but don't need to do it so many times.

Devs - please consider removing some annoying things, it will make ppl more willing to run, less slow which does not change anything but annoys, less stuns, less crap stats, more good stats, more shards, higher chance to get good weapons not those 1h axes x10 no one uses >< IMHO, you want to make ini enjoyable to run, and not annoying grinding fest for several hours that feels like 2nd work after your main one... I like challenge, but not to that extreme :)

Dear developers and ROM community

After clearing Gorge 10-20 times I have a couple more suggestions to perhaps consider:

1) I agree, the instances is great visually and if the challenge is to do it once and be done, then it would be perfect, but sad truth is we need to run it many many times to get weapons/shards/gear and most importantly stats! This is especially true since a lot of stats that drop are "crap" like sta-dex, no one uses it for endgame :( Can you change loot table for last boss and remove useless stats? or make them less likely - like yesterday we got 2 sta/wis and 1 sta/dex after few hours of running - its like Devs want to make sure we all rage quit and wont run again... :)

2) As Nadana correctly pointed out above the instance is just too long/time consuming to be farmable - I am sure you see how very few guilds run it, and AH is basically empty - this is not good for server and something needs to be done, I have couple suggestions below that may boost more activity to the server, which is what we all want.

a) Maybe its time to add npc to trade coins for gorge purple stats like we have for inferno now, at least ppl will resume farming inferno/tikal to farm coins - right now server activity is very low, pugs a lot less common from what I can tell

b) Boss 1 - this boss has absolutely repeated mechanics with adds which serves no real purpose except to prolong the fight add freeze and you have very annoying boss which takes too long for no reason - I suggest to cut down adds to say 60% and 30% of the boss, will be much better and raid will still need to do strat twice but not like now every 10%.

c) radical idea - add % probability (say 50% or 30%) of having a purple stat on every piece of the gorge boss, again since instance is too long many ppl just don't bother running it at all, since it can take few hours to finish. If we have a possibility of having purple stats every boss at least then groups can invest 1 hour to farm boss 1 and get a stat - more runs - more activity - boost for economy

Just a few suggestions, all debatable of course, but I think most would agree server is not very active now and we all want to change that. Addressing Gorge ini to make it more farmable or add options to get more gorge purple stats would likely help.

Many thanks!

Rakot

Dear Alicia,

Many thanks for your comment, I agree 100%, I am similar to you and always prefer smaller groups where with strong gear and skill you can clear things, this is very rewarding. The boss 2 tactic change to now require 6 ppl instead of 8 to do strat allowed us to finally make it past boss 2 and I know there are few more smaller guilds that are trying it now and should also be able to clear it.

To Vis - I told you in game but since I am posting this (I did not want to post at all after some posts here) - I agree 100% with what you said there, thanks as well for commenting!

Cheers!

-"I dont like the solution"

While I am happy boss 2 now needs 3+3 ppl for start compared to 4+4 before, I like the original suggestion by Exvee to scale up the tactic # of items based on the number of people inside the ini, idk how hard it is to implement but if not too hard, it could be something that perhaps can make both sides of the community happy - those who wanted to keep it as is and those of us who wanted to decrease number of items so that less number of ppl can still run it.

Cheers!

Dear Devs,

Thanks for decreasing the number of tactic items for 2nd boss in Gorge - once we get team on we will give it a go and hope can now make a progress :)

Kind regards,
    Rakot

To Devain,

I know it is little hard but think about it - tosh b1 is 4 people to do strat, now imagine doubling that to 8 people, now imagine your guild does not have that many people on for hours, what do you think will happen? People cant run, people stop logging and people quit - do you think it helps the server to have less population? That's all we were suggesting, if you don't have anything constructive to so perhaps don't post? Thanks much.

Re Mado: "Here I am after some time. Still think needing atleast 8 players for doing tactic in b2 is insane. My suggestion is reducing it to 2 oil and 2 torch instead of 4+4. Is almost impossible for us to reach that many members and all other small guilds would be in the same position. Want to know what people think about this. Cheers. "

I am 100% in favor of removing artificial constrain of having 8 players to be able to run the ini. This does not reward skill or anything else, simple number, I do not understand the logic of having 8 people to od strat + 1-2 players to tank and extra heal.

Mado is 100% correct, you make sure that small guilds will NOT be able to run this ini, no matter how much time/effort/gear they have - this is in my opinion a mistake. We are not asking to make instance easy, we asking you to implement the random change so that less number of people who can still be a good team have chance to complete the instance. For example we did inferno with 5 people, it was hard and took time, but we did it. Please give small guilds a chance.

As per Mado suggestion, please consider changing the number to 2+2 oil and torch or make time much longer so we can use alts if you for some reason don't want to change 4+4 strat.

We are small guild and people spread over different time zones, no one will run Gorge as a pug. I am sure community would benefit from a vibrant server where many people are involved, I am sure you noticed that active server population is probably half what it was before Gorge release, several end-game guilds either completely gone (at least 2) with ppl quiting or merging to other guilds or one big endgame guild inactive.

All I am asking is to get small guilds a fighting chance to do an ini, we understand it will be harder than 12 ppl but we don't want to quit our guild and there are not enough people (at least right now) to have 9-10 ppl to dedicate several hours to try to run it.

Our suggestion for 2nd boss Gorge: reduce strat to 2 oil and 2 torch instead of 4+4
    Many thanks for your time!

Hi all - few comments from me:

1) 10% HP loss is too much I agree, significant number of strats involve high % hp area hits, like tikal 1st, inferno 4th - 60% or so very easy to get scout kill if not full hp, and lets be honest, losing 40% hp in 4 secs then boom death is realistic haha.

2) At the moment other classes do similar and often more damage than scout, hence to have 10% hp penalty to do comparable damage is not really fair.

3) possible solution that I would be in favor:
    a) high burst scout - remove cap from BA, keep 10% hp loss; change duration to 15 sec, add CD 2 mins: this would mean you use BA during burn only not all the time like you can now, but during burn you can hit hard, I think this is the place how scout should be - high damage short burst class
    b) if you want to make it kind of sustained and less bursty, then keep cap, change hp loss to 3 or 5%, and make BA permanent until you unclick it or hp is low - since atm you can just have it in macro or something and have it active all the time, might as well make it constant

Regarding Gorge - idk if we have special place to post it but -

1) 2nd boss devs made it so you need 10-11 or ideally 12 people to make strat - this kills progression of small guilds - what happened ppl went to Pulse, like half server? and some to Improved to run it. If you want to have good economy with many people running it even if it takes longer due to smaller people involved -
    I urge you to remove the rng on 2nd boss so that only 2 people needed for start or at least add x2 so 4 not 8 - a lot of ppl quit, more will quit if you don't change that, not everyone wants to change guild to be able to run the ini

2) I also think that length of the instance should be smaller, you can not expect people who work to dedicate so much time to run this, remember you need ppl who work to have fun too since they also keep server alive :)

Few more comments from me -

1) BA on scout, I maintain again 10% hp loss per sec is too much penalty to have class that with BA on dpses not better than other classes that don't have to lose hp, please revert back to 3% per sec it used to be.

2) BA cap of 55 - please make it so that w/s does not have that cap, with the cap w/s cant do as good as it should, since that BA is elite for w/s, I hope it should be relatively easy to fix or maybe create a separate elite which would function similar to how it was with old no cap BA

I guess this was from Patch 10.1.0.2001 - I will post it here:

3) Changed Erik Thompson's shop. We used to be able to buy not-refined sets, lower set for example, it is no longer there - is this intentional? Would it be possible to add those items back, I think it was great idea to have them available for purchase using AC

4) Changed Dark Ability Attack (Dark Soul Smelt) to physical attack.

this is for r/wl and it was so exciting when I saw it, yet you guys only did half the job since it is still based on MA and r/wl is pa based. Please consider changing the elite so that it will be based on the PA and not MA, then we may have another rogue to try out in addition to r/m, atm r/m beats r/wl by so much, its not practical to play it, maybe with the change of this elite to be based on PA it will get close, please consider/test it!

Many thanks and sorry for the wall of text.

Cheers,
    Rakot

"Also, Scout is still bugged - No changes at all in the absurd dps in burn"

scout is a burst class and there is no absurd dps in burn now, I don't see it at all in our runs.

Re BA - 10% hp per sec with some events like 4th boss in inferno which takes away more then half hp is too excessive, as I said, other classes do comparable damage and scout 100% loses to many classes which are sustained, scout needs BA to even be competitive, your suggestion to turn it off is not really an option if you want to maintain dps.

As Kaly was suggesting, please update BA to the following:

Blood Arrow
    Instant
    No Cooldown
    No Runtime

HP Loss 3% every second, 10% HP loss every second is too much with all % based hits, since now scout does similar to other classes, not fair to penalize class so much.

Plz consider!

Dear devs:

Boss 2 - the random factor - could you please remove this, I understand the idea behind it but that requires to have pretty much full raid of 12 ppl to have high success rate to complete the strat - please make it so every item gives correct buff so that 2 ppl is enouth to do it. Our guild is fairly small and we usually don't have 12 on the same time and we cant progress.

Please consider.

- Sad scout

Scout nerf -

You guys capped blood arrow to 55 now - by doing that you decreased damage output of scouts by 40% - this is in my opinion simply unacceptable nerf, many people worked really hard to get the gear - do you want ppl to quit? Some do think about it now, mind you same happened with scout nerf on official while back - buff other classes don't nerf existing ones.

TBH I don't even want to play anymore, very unhappy about the change, not even a note to the community about it - at least not atm - such a huge change :(((

"vote 4 unbound fragments - not hard to code and an improvement for the players "

Me too - it just adds to extra hassle - some toons have too many frags and cant use them since need shards or AC or whatever - they can sell them and allow others to use - better for economy = win/win in my opinion. Please consider!

"If that make the people want to farm them and we can get back the AH traffic and prices we had before the last (awefull) change of pets system, I wouldnt mind. "

Devs - I wonder if we could consider changing the way how Mirrorworld selection used to be - can pick whichever mirrorworld instance we can go from a selected list multiple times instead of predefined ones - would be great. Is it possible to revert back to the original design assuming others would agree (I suspect most would)?

I agree with the suggestion to have charms for the divinity stats pulling not bound.

In fact - it would be great to have ALL fragments including those for armor and accessories not bound as well - we have to do elaborate master looting on last boss sometimes to make sure there is no mistake in terms of who gets what, very inconvenient.

Cheers,
    Rakot

Thor-

Could you then please update the information - for example when I pick pain fragment as option from npc - it says "I could trade your Pain Fragment to the following stats:" and lists two stats - pain and endurance - that's why I asked to clarify; it even worse for the knowledge fragment - offers 4 different stats. Could you guys please update text so that its clear that only 1 stat which is same as fragment is going to be received. Unless you can select from the list of options? Then that should be made little clearer as well.

Thanks!

Add the charm for buying stat drop for every boss inferno and decrease ac price to 10k and make charm not bound - the ppl will run PUGs and farm bosses 1-2 in inferno to get the items and then roll for a stat;

I have being told stat for 25k still random and not for sure good stats like pain etc - can devs comment if this is intended or not ?

I've mentioned above that decrease in the Tikal ac total is basically not helping anyone except those with crazy amounts of AC coins

Many thanks for the update and trying to find a way to have ppl spend AC on new items - I have few comments to consider for devs/community to change:

1) Decreasing amount of AC that drops in tikal - why would you want to do that? LFG/PUG tikal runs is one of the best things on the server, and makes community better, improves cooperation, why do you want to discourage some ppl from running??? you only help those with crazy amounts of AC from Aldo to maintain the advantage - others need all AC they could get to even try to afford to buy some of the new things you offered. I strongly suggest to change number of AC back to what it was.
    2) Jimmy Crane new red stats for 4.5 k is silly - no one will buy it - change to 550 or 600 max
    3) recipe - 25k for some... I run often only have 8k atm, prob max I had in a while - these prices just for 2 guilds that farmed aldo so much and got crazy AC amounts, rest of the server unlikely to afford them - please drop price too, I would also suggest to change crafting items to be available for mementos, amount of AC required to make food is excessive
    4) Overall, I felt prices are way to excessive and seems to be targeted to find a way for two guilds to spend AC, I personally felt left out and not able to afford most of it - though again could be just me :)

These are my thoughts, all with idea of improving the server and community where everyone can have fun :) Thanks!

P.S. Another idea - please consider increasing number of AC from inferno, it is long and time-consuming instance and should be rewarded as such, maybe even double AC idk or 50% increase in total AC from full run;
    Additionally, for the last boss inferno - could you please change it to only drop good stats like Aldo does - at least on one of the two items - it is VERY VERY discouraging to run for so long and then end up with 2 sta/dex and wis/sta stats

"And maybe a more exquitise suggestion: Is is possible to bring those element-Draconaris (Aero,Geo,Pyro,Aqua) into the itemshop for an appropriate price?
    For all those, who like spending money more than farming all those events."

+ 1 - if possible, please add Draco pets (Aero,Geo,Pyro,Aqua) into the IS - I hate events and would rather spend money buying them instead of doing events - please consider. If possible, please consider to add corresponding cards too for each of the draco pet.

Many thanks in advance!