Looking for good damage magic class

• Hi there, little old me again ..

Been playing warden scout and I really like it, and perhaps it's just not for me. My damage is awful no matter how well I stat or buff. Magic casters with similar/less equipment and buffs do significantly more damage. I'm probably not playing the class right, so time to move on and count my losses.

I'd love to be good at this game and be invited for instances when I'm worthy of being in a party, so I need to change class.

I'll be starting at the bottom and learning everything, so I have the following basic questions:

1. Can anyone recommend a high damage survivable class?
    2. What weapon/gear?
    3. What stats/runes?
    4. Buffs?
    5. Anything else?

Sorry to be a pain in the proverbial. Lots of work to do with any new class including levelling up.

I've put most of my dps gear in AH so I can re-gear (if interested!!!)

Your thoughts will be appreciated!

G

• The only 3 high magical damage classes would be mage/warden (70 elite insta cast) knight/mage (auto attack for millions) and warlock/most sub classes.

All wear cloth armour 102 pref full set and aoth mystical and magical atk and crit ring and earring
    mage is better with wand/tali
    Knight 2h sword with temple expeller
    And warlock with staff

• Mage/Scout isn't the best dps class, you just spam shot mainly, but isn't anywhere near k/m damage output.

Knight/mage can be stated 2 ways
    Wears full cloth armor for more damage output, plate can be used for tanking with but not optional as you lose a lot of your power from missing mcrit and matk bonus from gear.

Tanking side-
    Stam/matk x3
    stam/hp x1
    int/matk x2
    or
    stam/int x2
    or
    stam/def x2

Dps side-
    Stam/matk x3
    int/matk x3
    or
    int/matk x2
    stam/int x1

• Garg go for warden/warrior. now I know its not the best for high end instance though if you get the chain pvp gear and stat it with only stre/pattck you should be good in sw. the only reason why i say that is because i had a set of amour and it was stated like i said. did about 700 800k 1mil dmg to ppl. weapon i recommend is the forest annihilator a 2h axe.

Ingame name: Jadaswift

Class: wd/d/w: 104/63/70

Guild:

Sever: Paradise (The best place to be!)

• Just magic classes Jada. The DPS classes I've tried are the same or less than I already do using warden scout as benchmark. Most of my gear is now in auction house statted str patk, some with XI and XII runes if you're interested: does about 1.5m regular crit damage without buffs so go buy buy buy!!!

Any information and tips about knight mage and/or mage warden will be appreciated :)

• K/m and w/m are king in HOS hardmode but in tikal for 1-3rd wl/ch and m/w are best ranged magic dps then after 3rd boss w/m is top magic dps for tikal... as I always say this is my opinion from what I seen/experienced :P I would say go w/m over k/m but that is just me
    w/m hos hm video (pyper and I are pretty close to being equally geared both t13 weapons for her k/m and my w/m t13 wand)
    w/m tikal endboss video (85% burn potential)

• Almost finished the knight mage. Not the best stats etc, but wow, I can't believe the damage and I'm TP poor xD I thought I'd go this class so that I have cloth gear for other mage-y classes. Working also on mage scout, something I'd like to try.

I'm getting around to all the suggestions I'm given. Just takes a while when not doing instances lmao

Oh, if someone can let me know what x runes of a mage scout bow, and whether the mage scout uses a tiered or statted 2h stave, that'd be great (and x runes for that also)

Closed the thread.