How to stat PVP gear for warden scout

• I did siege for the first time today. I don't like rogues. I have a lot to figure out I think.

Now, something come up as there's certain equipment called PVP equipment purchased with honor points. So I'm simply wondering:

1. What stats are suggested for use, eg, is it all str/stam?
    2. Runes?
    3. Are honor accessories better?
    4. Anything else to keep in mind.

If anyone has PVP gear to post here for wd/s to help me see, that would certainly be a benefit for the future and perhaps others.

Thanks in advance :)
    G

• Hello again!
    I will give my opinion on what you are asking and my suggestions. I would say first you want to invest in PVE since siege is only 1 hour of the day and you have 23 other hours to play PVE stuff but if you insist in making the honor gear.

1. What stats are suggested for use, eg, is it all str/stam?

This depends on your budget... but my opinion is in a perfect world you are using stam/hp, some stam/pdef and stam/str/pdef arcadia pink but looking at a more practical approach I think that using stam/hp stam/pdef str/stam would be fine as well

Also my opinion that MOST classes can stat honor gear the same using tanky stats for physical and magical classes with a few exceptions maybe with classes like m/wd who would benefit a lot from int/stamina because of elites etc... So you may also want to consider "which" set you want to stat depending if wd/s is the only class you see yourself playing because you can use leather on any physical class or you can even use cloth honor gear on ANY class for pvp if you stat it with stam/hp and stamina/defense

2. Runes?

Again in my opinion you want to go all tanky/stamina runes Tyrant(stam/str) Enchantment(stam/mdef) Ferocity(stam/hp) Block(stam/pdef)

3. Are honor accessories better?

I think these are worthless in all honesty. Assuming you are either using or aim to use a Dalanis Aoth set you just cannot beat the DN set. The DN rings are hands down "best in slot" rings because you cannot beat the punch of the extra critical hit damage on them.
    Remember I said use 4 stamina runes? You get 8% stamina bonus from the 3 piece Aoth Nocturnal set too :thumbup:

Also you gotta remember since you are going to be using 7 piece honor gear you have to crunch in as much crit as you can. With 7 piece honor gear, 3 piece Aoth set + 2 piece aoth set,Aoth cape and weapon crit hit chance you will be sitting somewhere around 68% crit rate depending on what tier your accessories and cape are, but this should be plenty of crit chance imo.

4. Anything else to keep in mind.

Again back to when I said you want to work on your PVE gear first... I say this partially because you can use your Aoth set for siege. Have the 3 piece + 2 piece aoth accessory sets + cape stated 6x str/p.atk and then you can stat your 7 piece honor gear and maybe wings for PvP

I wanna say the full honor point cost to pull all 7 pieces of gear yourself is around 110K honor points.
    When you use the 7 piece honor gear(estimating all pieces tier 7) you are getting about 50% damage reduction.
    Each piece +4.3% dmg reduction, 4 piece bonus +12% dmg reduction, 3 piece bonus +8% dmg reduction and you can squeeze in some more with higher tiered pieces(at t10 is +5.4% dmg reduction on each piece)

Also you have to keep in mind it depends how you plan to buff for the siege. If you do not want to spend any diamonds towards buff foods then you will do poorly versus someone who is using all of the buff foods.

Not many guys here have the honor gear for siege but the full tikal gear sets just hit insanely hard to the point where you are probably going to find yourself in a 1v1 1hit fest in most cases but with the honor gear you have a much better fighting chance to get to em on wd/s before their arrows go through your face lol

• I agree with Calo. But with all the pdef from briar shield and spirit of the oak I would add some stam mdef

That would be a slight advantage of choosing leather over chain and even the cloth for the highest mdef but you will always have the lowest mdef with chain gear. You can also buff depending on what class/type your strongest opponents are(use eggrice + mdef food) and there are always the mdef buffs from priest or even the k/p holy protection.
    I personally dont like mdef stats besides the enchantment rune :P but stam/mdef would be a very cheap stat

Also depending on how your gears are stat and your buffed values... ya might or might not be better off with the crystal pet

• Aoth rings, I can only dream and ask Santa.
    I built something up. I can't afford much for stats and as you say, it's for an hour. Most of it was free as I had the siege packages, most of the plussing stones etc so thumbs up. I think I did an OK job with what I had, so fingers crossed I don't get arrows up my nose. The crit and mdef is lacking so I appreciate the tips for buffs as they make my head spin. I think that's the focus of my gameplay right now. Everything's been different the last 24 hours since joining a guild.
    I decided to go with chain as I like those classes.
    Thanks so much :)

• It was a little more fun today, but I did struggle with buffs that didn't keep disappearing, so finding buffs that stay with me a little longer would be good. I wasn't killing as quick as last time either with same damage. Lots to learn!

Closed the thread.