AAH top part outside of the top of CoA window

• (Not sure if for included addons this should be reported as a bug or in macro/addons section of the forum?)

Since recently when I open Auction House it looks like this:

- the top part is not accesible. If I switch to window mode it's even worse. On a big screen making the CoA window full screen does show the top part.

1. is it possible to move this window from a macro?

2. how is it anchored? I've kicked out all unit frame modifications and it still looks the same...

(In a long run: I really like a solution in some linux window managers: you do not need the title bar to drag a window, if you press control than you can press left mouse button anywhere inside a window to drag it.)

• AuctionFrame:SetPos.....

Ah, good point - I should have checked the sources of the addon before it got included in CoA. :)

BUT the frame is called AAH_AuctionFrame (with extra "AAH_" in front). So the following works:

Code
    /run AAH_AuctionFrame:SetPos(0,0)

Thank you, Idhril!

• PS: Still devs should fix this (likes to the original post mean that I'm not the only one with this problem) but for now here is how to automate the above workaroud:

When AAH is shown you get a system message. Now from CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM frame's SetPos does not work, but you can call frame's SetPos from OnUpdate of any frame. Which is how most lua timer libraries work.

So if you use any timer library, you can set it up like this:

* create a new function that just calls AAH_AuctionFrame:SetPos(0,0)

* in CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM event handler check the text of the message

* if it is about AAH being opened then start timer to call in 1s the fuction from the first bullet

(checked, works for me, AAH window gets opened in a not-useable position, but a moment later becomes fully visible)