Kalin Shrine (Hard Mode) [Patch 10.4.4.1000]

• So we get new artefacts and need to plus them all over again? :pinch: I mean, its not that expensive, since its just some dailies but... X/

Maybe you need a +6 normal artefact to refine it? Would be the best solution for all

Or when you refine an artefact, it's level remains. So if you refine a a+6 artefact you get another +6, from +3 you get another +3 and so on...

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Official Post

Maybe you need a +6 normal artefact to refine it? Would be the best solution for all

Or when you refine an artefact, it's level remains. So if you refine a a+6 artefact you get another +6, from +3 you get another +3 and so on...

Greetings.

It is intended to be an upgrade, so no plussing level is transfered. This way everyone can farm the normal artefacts through trashmobs while not being forced to clear the entire instance. But the refined artefacts require loot from the final boss and do require full clears. So if a group of players is not able to clear the entire instance yet, they can still achieve the normal artefacts. And stronger groups can go for the refined ones additionally. Everyone wins. ;)

• Or when you refine an artefact, it's level remains. So if you refine a a+6 artefact you get another +6, from +3 you get another +3 and so on...

Greetings.

It is intended to be an upgrade, so no plussing level is transfered. This way everyone can farm the normal artefacts through trashmobs while not being forced to clear the entire instance. But the refined artefacts require loot from the final boss and do require full clears. So if a group of players is not able to clear the entire instance yet, they can still achieve the normal artefacts. And stronger groups can go for the refined ones additionally. Everyone wins. ;)

In that case, maybe the refined one is better than the normal +6?

• Not really, you have to do full instance to unlock it (or it can be done on normal?)

If you cant run the full instance, you can simply farm trash for the "normal ones". I guess thats why they implement a new version

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Official Post

Not really, you have to do full instance to unlock it (or it can be done on normal?)

For the quest, yes. But you don't need to farm it. I saw groups running a full run within 6 hours just for the quest. There is always a way by playing tactics and mechanics or optimising the party setup. ;)

A little better, of course. Also, the effects of the refined ones will be improved slightly. ;)

• Or when you refine an artefact, it's level remains. So if you refine a a+6 artefact you get another +6, from +3 you get another +3 and so on...

Greetings.

So your assumption about weaker groups is wrong. If weaker group is not able to do full instance they will not unlock the artifacts and there is no point for them to farm anything.

• Not really, you have to do full instance to unlock it (or it can be done on normal?)

For the quest, yes. But you don't need to farm it. I saw groups running a full run within 6 hours just for the quest. There is always a way by playing tactics and mechanics or optimising the party setup. ;)

A little better, of course. Also, the effects of the refined ones will be improved slightly. ;)

In my opinion, it would be good if at least this basic version of the artifacts were writeable and tradable. I don't understand the idea of blocking dumbbells with items. In order to unlock the space for the artifact, you have to create an instance anyway. So it would be nice if the artifact was not assigned. Who would like to buy it, just like any other item. with time there will also be another artifact, I think that blocking the purchase of items is bad because new players still have a lot to do to reach the highest level. You have to do Cenedrils, Upgrade the monster cards. Title Missions, Capture Draco Pets etc.

• Official Post

So your assumption about weaker groups is wrong. If weaker group is not able to do full instance they will not unlock the artifacts and there is no point for them to farm anything.

I think there is a big misunderstanding: The loot that has been removed as a hotfix to remove the possibility to skip the content is returned to the monsters, so you will still be able to farm the normal artefact. For the refined one though, you will need to finish the instance. The content that is in the game right now will be retained, it's farmability even reverted to when it was first released, but it's improved counterpart will be locked behind the endboss.

Kalin is supposed to be hard, something to give the playerbase something to strive for. Weaker groups are not supposed to be able to clear the instance. These groups should otherwise try to find ways to improve.

• So your assumption about weaker groups is wrong. If weaker group is not able to do full instance they will not unlock the artifacts and there is no point for them to farm anything.

I think there is a big misunderstanding: The loot that has been removed as a hotfix to remove the possibility to skip the content is returned to the monsters, so you will still be able to farm the normal artefact. For the refined one though, you will need to finish the instance. The content that is in the game right now will be retained, it's farmability even reverted to when it was first released, but it's improved counterpart will be locked behind the endboss.

Kalin is supposed to be hard, something to give the playerbase something to strive for. Weaker groups are not supposed to be able to clear the instance. These groups should otherwise try to find ways to improve.

You guys are saying that the normal version is meant for weaker groups. You also say weaker groups shouldn't clean the instance so they shouldn't have acess to the normal version of the item. Clear your mind please xD.

Instance is harder now than it was before. B1 removed possibility to kite. Locatha not dying at 50% means many groups can't kill it, etc. I think if you really wanna make normal artefact to be used by weaker groups, then activate the npc without needing last boss so those people can still farm the simpler version of the artefact.

• Official Post

You guys are saying that the normal version is meant for weaker groups. You also say weaker groups shouldn't clean the instance so they shouldn't have acess to the normal version of the item. Clear your mind please xD.

That is precisely the opposite of what I am saying. The normal artefact is now again farmable for weaker groups while they improve their characters to a point where they can get the improved version.

Instance is harder now than it was before. B1 removed possibility to kite. Locatha not dying at 50% means many groups can't kill it, etc. I think if you really wanna make normal artefact to be used by weaker groups, then activate the npc without needing last boss so those people can still farm the simpler version of the artefact.

And in addition to this increase in difficulty came a new form of rewards. Again: You do not need to kill any bosses to get the first artefact. Only for the refined one.

• You guys are saying that the normal version is meant for weaker groups. You also say weaker groups shouldn't clean the instance so they shouldn't have acess to the normal version of the item. Clear your mind please xD.

That is precisely the opposite of what I am saying. The normal artefact is now again farmable for weaker groups while they improve their characters to a point where they can get the improved version.

And in addition to this increase in difficulty came a new form of rewards. Again: You do not need to kill any bosses to get the first artefact. Only for the refined one.

"And in addition to this increase in difficulty came a new form of rewards. Again: You do not need to kill any bosses to get the first artefact. Only for the refined one." -> you need to kill Regin to unlock slots!!!

• Official Post

"And in addition to this increase in difficulty came a new form of rewards. Again: You do not need to kill any bosses to get the first artefact. Only for the refined one." -> you need to kill Regin to unlock slots!!!

• You guys are saying that the normal version is meant for weaker groups. You also say weaker groups shouldn't clean the instance so they shouldn't have acess to the normal version of the item. Clear your mind please xD.

Maybe im confused or you guys changed something after I did it. In order to see the npc inside kalin, the one selling artefacts and recipe materials. Don't you need to click something in last boss rom and keep doing quests so this npc sells things to you?

• Again: You do not need to kill any bosses to get the first artefact. Only for the refined one.

So weaker player can make artifact but can't wear it cause he is weaker player and can't clear KS to unlock the slot. This doesn't make any sense.

• Again: You do not need to kill any bosses to get the first artefact. Only for the refined one.

So weaker player can make artifact but can't wear it cause he is weaker player and can't clear KS to unlock the slot. This doesn't make any sense.

but you only need to clear KS once for the quest and normal artefact. maybe looking for a group that can clear it for quest?

I mean nobody claimed about world boss title that ppl need to buy it, bcs it's to hard to clear

• It seems to me that the end game instance and I think that SK is at the moment it should not be for everyone like any other. In the right composition and after selecting the appropriate classes, it can be made and you do not need the best equipment. I think most of them will be able to do it this time to unlock the possibility of making an artifact and then they will be able to farm the resources. You can always take the weaker people only on the last boss to allow them to complete the mission. Let's not go to the extreme that the new instances should be for everyone, because it is not so. The world boss has been around for half a year now and only 3 guilds have done it, maybe it's time to first improve on him and then go to SK :)

• Official Post

Again: You do not need to kill any bosses to get the first artefact. Only for the refined one.

If you are not strong enough to clear the instance you are not entitled to the rewards. This is an essential truth of the game that has been around since it's inception.

That being said, we are aware that it's not optimal that things fluctuate in power like that but the initial growing pains of the instance forbid that absolute fairness exists at this point. Kalin had flawed loot design which this new system fixes; the side effect is that the vast minority of players, the ones that were barely able to do the instance, are no longer able to do so consistently. For everyone else, this new harder kalin is the definitive challenge.

The grind will be the same for everybody.

• It is posible to dodge any of the atacks of the bosses of kallin? I feel that even with the rogue dodge skill I cant dodge a single atack :D

This is intended. The bosses should have required full plate armor with parry rate and so on. It makes me a little sad that some groups managed to kite bosses. But that's ok for the moment. ;)

b1-b2 area damage to high.if you are not a warrior, you usually die

The AoE from bosses are intended the way they are. There are gameplay mechanics to lower the received damage though. ;)

The boss is stacking dmg into cosmic values, I think there is a big bug in boosting the damage

• Official Post

This is intended. The bosses should have required full plate armor with parry rate and so on. It makes me a little sad that some groups managed to kite bosses. But that's ok for the moment. ;)

The AoE from bosses are intended the way they are. There are gameplay mechanics to lower the received damage though. ;)

The boss is stacking dmg into cosmic values, I think there is a big bug in boosting the damage

The boss works as intended. It is supposed to be a direct damage check for the party and a tankiness check for the, well, tank. The boss gains 5% damage every second whilst losing defense.

• The boss is stacking dmg into cosmic values, I think there is a big bug in boosting the damage

The boss works as intended. It is supposed to be a direct damage check for the party and a tankiness check for the, well, tank. The boss gains 5% pAtk and 5% damage every second whilst losing defense.

I don't even care how unfair the changes you make are, and as with every patch, you're continually increasing the mismatch between strong and weak players.

Since the boss increases damage every second by 5% and patt, does the damage dealt to him by 5% and defense decrease by 5% every second?

• For days you could kill this boss without a tank, it was hard to find one that was powerful enough. And now that these most ambitious players have obtained artifacts by defeating this boss along the way without any problems, you will now "patch the hole" preventing weaker players from doing so.

It is indeed a very fine politics, very kind of you to wait for us strong players to make artifacts and now you are making it difficult for the weaker ones.

Lutin's idea of selling weaker players the opportunity to do a quest is outrageous. I will mention right away that this is different from the WB title, because WB was difficult from start to now, it was not like that with the first boss on KS.

• The boss is stacking dmg into cosmic values, I think there is a big bug in boosting the damage

The boss works as intended. It is supposed to be a direct damage check for the party and a tankiness check for the, well, tank. The boss gains 5% pAtk and 5% damage every second whilst losing defense.

I like the design of this boss, because it is not only a gear check, but also a tank check...Through a lot of runs i can confirm as well that some "brain afk" Gold gear Tanks can die even earlier as Red geared tanks. So if you know how to tank, it is even possible to stay alive until 70 Stacks with Red gear. With Gold gear 70+ ... idk. And if the Boss is not dead until that point, then the group is just too weak.

Greetings