Warden/Champ Tank

• Currently, im checking different classes as tank, and i stumbled across warden/champ, which looked.. new. His kit (elite skills) looks like he's duo tanking with his pet (7/10 elite skills are about his pet + it has redicioulus stats lol) but the pet's aggro feels kinda low... or is it just me? In general, the idea of 2 tanks controlled by 1 sounds super challenging and fun.

His only spell, Punishment Bash, is an AoE-at-target spell which deals 753 damage; 4 sec cooldown. Did a test at the dummy with an old Inferno 2h hammer: pet did 60k crit with 1 spell, i did 870k crit with frantic. If i spam the normal champ spell "Heavy Bash" my pet !can! cast another Punishment Bash. Rate didnt seem too bad. But even tho i wait a bit to "let him tank", after 1 Frantic Briar i get the aggro back from all. Did i expect too much from it? Is the class' intention not to let the pet be the main tank and you be the second tank while controlling him? Is it only good for 1 out of 20 bosses (i.e. Heimdall, even tho i think it's aggro generation is way too low)? Is the base dmg of the spell simply too low to generate aggro? Any kind of info/idea or experience someone had with it is welcome!:/

• Did i expect too much from it? Is the class' intention not to let the pet be the main tank and you be the second tank while controlling him?

I thought the same, but before any changes towards the aggro the pet produces ( which is indeed low ) are made the pet needs some adjustments in my opinion. Since the values of the pet are way too high and if you want the pet to be the main tank it would be too op since warden pets usually dont tanke any aoe dmg at all and since the values of that elite skill pet are out of this world this pet alone could easily tank endcontent without any problem, so leave the pet like it is currently with low aggro and the player as main tank or the pet gets an aggro buff but the aoe dmg reduction needs to be removed and the attributes from the pet needs some change.

Over all I think that class has interesting potential too.

Greeds.

Talking about peace whilst spilling blood, it’s something that only humans can do.

• Currently, im checking different classes as tank, and i stumbled across warden/champ, which looked.. new. His kit (elite skills) looks like he's duo tanking with his pet (7/10 elite skills are about his pet + it has redicioulus stats lol) but the pet's aggro feels kinda low... or is it just me? In general, the idea of 2 tanks controlled by 1 sounds super challenging and fun.

His only spell, Punishment Bash, is an AoE-at-target spell which deals 753 damage; 4 sec cooldown. Did a test at the dummy with an old Inferno 2h hammer: pet did 60k crit with 1 spell, i did 870k crit with frantic. If i spam the normal champ spell "Heavy Bash" my pet !can! cast another Punishment Bash. Rate didnt seem too bad. But even tho i wait a bit to "let him tank", after 1 Frantic Briar i get the aggro back from all. Did i expect too much from it? Is the class' intention not to let the pet be the main tank and you be the second tank while controlling him? Is it only good for 1 out of 20 bosses (i.e. Heimdall, even tho i think it's aggro generation is way too low)? Is the base dmg of the spell simply too low to generate aggro? Any kind of info/idea or experience someone had with it is welcome!:/

The class was originally built around transferring aggro to your pet. This mechanic never worked as the aggro formula doesn't really allow it. Now, the aggro multi is a flat 75% (which is a bit boring, but okay) and you get a high amount of def. The aggro is also really, really good.