Rocharox's Ultimate Guide to Knight (not really)

• Rocharox's Ultimate Guide to Knight (Not Really)

Roses are Red, Violets are blue, we love knights, rhyming is hard!!!
    Hello again.

Today we will be reviewing one of the endangered species on Runes of Magic, the Knight.
    Once though nothing more than a myth, knights are real and actually play the game.
    PRAISE THE SUN!

The knight.

Ah, here we go. The knight class is the easiest one to play in Runes of Magic. Really! It is!
    At least is what everyone will try to convince you if, for a nanosecond, you ask what class you should play.

Knights are the tank class, meaning every single guild need one or two of these. It also means to be a good Knight player, you MUST "Ignore DPS" in favor of aggro.
    This is where things start to go bad.

The few knight players who resist the temptation of not running a dps class might be consumed by rage while building aggro and watching his peers destroying limb after limb of a boss, quitting the raid in the process.

Here an expample of a tank raid quitting:

For the people with superhuman mental strength that can bear all that, the suffering is still not over, as players insist in nagging the tank with stupid demands he already know.
    - B-b-but we must help him tank!!! Your inner 8 year old might say!
    - Nop, not really. Unless specifically stated by your knight friend that he "needs" a certain thing to be said or done, all your talking will be as helpful as a cat running on top of his keyboard while he tried to hold aggro.

AM I HELPING YET???

Runes of Magic knew the knight would need a lot of help to be able to tank all the content the game got, so it create a kind of armor specificaly for the knight to wear: the plate armor (dun-du-dunnn).
    Think your armor is good? Think again! Plate is a lot better! It gets higher defense points and most plate come with stamina mods! And the best part, it's super easy to get.
    ..... ok, not really that great and easy to get, but you get the idea!

- Ah! But plate armor alone wont help them to hold aggro, what now rocharox?? Your insistent inner child will scream at you!
    - Fear not, little lost lamb, for RoM packed the knight class with a lot of custom made skills to guarantee they can hold their own against a party of 5!
    Indeed we got the total amount of 04 (four) skills for tanking: Holy Strike, Hatred Strike, Threaten and Whirlwind Shield. Embrace your inner jedi master as your tanking will be basically spamming Holy strike with the occasional WWShield.

Using cutting edge technology and a new algorithm called Skynet, we were able to distinguish the 60 people who play knight into 3 groups

1 - Human Walls

The pillars of any sucesful encounters, this are the players who excel at not getting people killed. Perfect pulls, perfect rotations, saves for other people bad pulls, enduring the constant nagging from the 9YOs who play rogue and demand fast aggro, these are the true MVPS.
    The Human Wall class is the tall player in shining armor, big shield and very little sword
    between you and a boss who wanna love you long time.
    Also, got 0 wait time to find a raid.

Palafriend: Ok, last boss is Thynos, TO VICTORY!
    ***Thynos lies defeated on the ground after battle***
    ForestFire: well done, you turned him, kept your distance and did a really good job!
    Palafriend: It's ok friends, now we can farm him all the time!
    Elvesarecute: And noone died during the run, well done
    StabbyStabby: mph... he could get the aggro faster so I could dps more
    ***StabbyStabby gets kicked from party.
    Palafriend: oopps, i "accidentally" kicked him. well, no more nagging. lol
    Elvesarecute: LOL
    ForestFire: ROFLCOPTER

2 - The guy chosen to play tank
    Since knights are never seem, some guilds last resort is to get people to roll an alt to tank. Problem is, this guy will never have the fine art of not raging at other people's stupidity, like a real tank does.
    More than that, players love to blame everything wrong on the tank, increasing the chance of a ragequit.

MrGeneric: OK, I will turn the rune warrior from you guys. Don't stay far away or he will kill you.
    *Everyone*: Ok!
    **battle starts**
    *RingofFire gets obliterated
    RingofFire: Omg I got 1 shotted!
    MrGeneric: I told you not to stay away
    CuttingEdge: Stupid mages can't stay close lol
    MrGeneric: Guys. pay attention
    *CuttingEdge dies
    CuttingEdge: Wow, everyone dying, this tank sux
    MrGeneric: That's it, sc--w you guys, i'm going home.

3 - People who like to do damage
    So, you feel the need to protect all the ladies in the land? well, first, they can take care of themselves pretty well actually, also dpsing the boss IS NOT the way to do it.get ready to experience a knight who delivers lots of heavy blows to the boss, in his back, cause his face is turned to whoever is top aggro at the moment!

MrWhiteArmor: Feel my Wrath, boss!!!
    **boss turns to the party**
    Healzfelz: Omg its crushing my legs
    Toothpicks: It burns.... it burns....
    ForceofNature: I ca't feel my legs...
    MrWhiteArmor: Well, that could have gone a bit better...

So, you got a little sister that need constant protection? Noting makes you happier than be the first to roll on stamina? You loved Star Wars? Then Knight is the class for you!!

In case you missed the other guides, they are all in the off-topic section:
    http://eneu-board.arcadiarom.com/index.php?page=Board&boardID=53&

Rocharox
    Insomnia Server

R 50/K 50
    SYNDICATE GUILD