Rocharox's ultimate guide to Mage (not really)

• Welcome! Welcome!

Starting with this, I would like to grace you all with some informative guides on how to choose, play and enjoy the various classes on Runes of Magic. You will find here some of the strengths and weakness of every class currently available to play.

A warning, thou, the information here is so intense it might blow your mind!
    Another warning. English is not my primary language, so bear with me.

The Mage

Mages are like volcanoes: They wait a bit then unleash infernal fire on you! Sometimes even with a bit of lightning.
    Mages are a given choice for everyone who likes to keep people out of their personal space.

For your enjoinment, Runes of Magic pack the mage with lots and lots of spells! That you will unlock and put at some forgotten slot in your bar, as you use the Flame + Fireball + Lightning rotation on everything.
    Here's a happy mage casting fireball

Playing mage has the benefit of making your very very rich, as faming packs of mobs get easier by using some of the most devastating aoe weapons since the nucklear bomb: Purgatory Fire.
    With this marvel of cutting edge old arcane magic, you can bring lots of mobs into a close range and then BAM:

Can you feel the Phat loots?
    The people who play mage can be categorized in 3 classes:

1 - Piromaniac Glasscannons
    This bunch is the crazy mad people who loves to set fire on anything. Playing mage is an obvious choice and they bring out all the good stuff on the class! Usually not many are like the Glasscannons, as it takes a huge toll on your sanity to macro the best rotations and to keep an eye on your mana / distance / casting time / Cooldowns / cookies.

Generic Knight 01: Hey man, did you solo clops again as a mage?
    PyroforLife: Yeah bro!
    Generic Knight 01: And did you get another Moa Core?

PyroforLife: Yeah bro!!

Generic Knight 01: And you have 2 already!

PyroforLife: Yeah bro!!!

Generic Knight 01:I hate my life

2 - New players:
    Also called by the acronym N.E.W.B.S - New Energetic War-Bringing Souls. These players chose the mage because is the only medieval class they got any knowledge of, and hope to do some damage. Unfortunately the NEWBS never really reach their max potential, since this plane got in for them and forces from the beyond keep hindering their progress. These players seem to think the mage only got 1 skill: Flame.

MrStabALot: Dude why are you doing nothing?
    Fireinthehole: Flame is on cooldown. I'm spamming it as fast as I can.
    MrStabALot: Use your other skills, fireball, Plasma Arrow...

Fireinthehole: Nah, they do less damage. You really need to learn how to play!

MrStabALot: DUDE!!!

The third most common kind of mage player is the abomination called Gold Farmers.
    Players from remote regions of the galaxy who insist in coming to servers, creating bots and annoying everyone utill the Banhammer hits their head. That works for the shor period of time that takes to set a new proxy and a new bot is created. Rinse and Repeat.

ObeyMyAxe: Hey, a mage! Can you help us with Bernok?
    GoldisGolden: Buy our gold at WeStealYourCreditCard.com for fazt Deliveriiir. 1.000.000.000 gold for 1 dolla.
    ObeyMyAxe: OMG gold sellers! Report!

Unfortunately, The Mage got 2 disadvantages: The only armor you can equip is cloth, which in this game (and gaming general) is not the very best protection you can get. Here is an example of lvl 50 mage Cloth armor so you can get the idea of the level of protection:

Another problem is that casting your awesome spells uses mana, a blue bar that keeps getting empty for no reason.
    As a result, expect to consume huge amounts of mana potions to keep the fire burning.
    Here is a mage after completely replenish his mana bar:

So, if you love firecrackers, cooking your own food and long walks on the beach whit a blowtorch, Mage is the class for you!

Rocharox
    Insomnia Server

R 50/K 50
    SYNDICATE GUILD

Edited 2 times, last by thycondrius4 ().