Armor and Weapon Crafting

• Hello Arcadia,

I played on the other servers for a number of years on and of the biggest reasons was the crafting system on there was helpful. At certain points it was the best stuff you could use to get into the hard instances and then it became a way to generate stats. Through it's up and downs it was fun to produce items to help generate gold (an item here that clearly isn't needed in high demand). When I started playing this server I was exciting to bust out blacksmith, armor craft, tailoring, and gathering skills. Then after a couple of weeks I realized how much it was going to be a waste of time. The game is stream lined to cap rather quickly and get involved getting ready for endgame material. The current crafting system other than alchemy and cooking is basically not there.

After thinking about this situation for the past week I realize there is no easy way to fix this problem. One of the great things about this server is it has the ability to right the wrongs of the other server. I do have a few ideas for this lost crafting skills and while they are rough I want to put them out there to hopefully start generating a solid idea or two to make gear and weapons great again.

1. Allow these crafting skills to make special skins for both the community and their guilds they belong to.

2. Allow gear skills to make accessories for hybrid classes and special guild buffs when players on the raid all have that special piece. For example an earring that has a bonus, if all six players are wearing these specific rings, the group has 10% damage reduction take from bosses in dungeons. For gear example cloth with physical attack and healing bonus; a leather, chain and plate magic attack. Magical damage daggers and hammers with and without healing bonus. vice versa for magic damaging weapons that instead do physical damage.

3. Make pet and mount armor or skin armor.

While I know it outside the box a bit, this is what a server does, fixes playing issues that others servers pass up. Why shouldn't a Priest/Rogue not wield dual magic damage healing hammers? Why shouldn't magic damaging tank be able to wear tank gear? And there are countless hybrid combos out there that have been ignored for far too long. Give a Scout/Mage magical attack skills and then don't give them the weapons or gear to make it a viable class. If not whole gear, at least four piece sets of Head, chest, shoulders and feet.

I'm going to be 100% honest, the only thing stopping me from getting a lifetime membership is the crafting system. It's a huge part of what I enjoy in the game.

I don't think we need all of those suggestions however something needs to be done about the crafting system and look forward to hearing about other ideadss

• Official Post

Hi SilentArrow,

Thank you for your ideas. I have some questions:

1. You mean skins like these you put in Magic Wardrobe or join by Aggregator? I think it could works.

2. Sounds interesting, however as it would require making new end-game items to make anyone interested in wearing this, I think that maybe Amulet (these for you have 3 slots) with possibility to wear only one type at once?

3. About pets and mounts it is not easy to make them wear an armor, their models are not prepared. Same for skin - it would require way too much changes, individual textures for every single pet and mount. However, I got an idea, that could allow you craft special items, which upgrade your mount version (applicable only for selected mounts) - like you start with normal horse, then upgrade it with items to warhorse, then something else. I think we can find some similar models and prepare separate textures, and allow every version have a little mount speed boost or some extra bonuses like +5% HP on red version. In general it is quite big and long topic.

[4]. About skills it is topic of Class Balance, which is planned for future.

Greetings

• 2. Sounds interesting, however as it would require making new end-game items to make anyone interested in wearing this, I think that maybe Amulet (these for you have 3 slots) with possibility to wear only one type at once?

Bring more amulets would be an interesting idea and could make endgame crafting usefull.

3. About pets and mounts it is not easy to make them wear an armor, their models are not prepared. Same for skin - it would require way too much changes, individual textures for every single pet and mount. However, I got an idea, that could allow you craft special items, which upgrade your mount version (applicable only for selected mounts) - like you start with normal horse, then upgrade it with items to warhorse, then something else. I think we can find some similar models and prepare separate textures, and allow every version have a little mount speed boost or some extra bonuses like +5% HP on red version. In general it is quite big and long topic.

Sounds cool tho 8) 8) 8)

• 1. You mean skins like these you put in Magic Wardrobe or join by Aggregator? I think it could works.

Yes items to put into the wardrobe would be awesome.

2. Sounds interesting, however as it would require making new end-game items to make anyone interested in wearing this, I think that maybe Amulet (these for you have 3 slots) with possibility to wear only one type at once?

Amulet is a great idea, I forgot about those slots being available.

I didn't know if this would be possible just from these facts you presented.

[4]. About skills it is topic of Class Balance, which is planned for future.

Personally I think the skills are there for hybrid classes already. Well at least they started down the right path. The problem lies in they never officially developed the gear or weapons to make them end game viable. However I am just one person's opinion. The very fact you guys are looking at this issue makes me happy.

Thank you very much for your response. It is so nice to be environment where the developers take the time to respond to ideas and give insight.

• Grox at the new instance will be able to fight on horses, which will give us additional statistics? I will feel like a real knight at the tournament :)

• Another idea would be to release higher level crafting recipes to match level cap. No need to buy stuff if Tikal items are selling for so cheap if highest craftable is level 98-99. If the level 104 crafted gear was available. It might be worthwhile

Closed the thread.