Knight/Mage

• What about a Knight/Mage change?

Light Energy Weapon Lvl 102 > decrease the Dmg from 1630 to 930
    Intensification Lvl 102 >decrease the the % Lightdmg from 93,8% to 53%

in my opinion this class is a bug(exploit) and should be fixed or give them Bosses some Elements-resistance.

Never underestimate what you do for others.

Things that seem small, even meaningless or pointless to you,

might mean everything to the person you interact with.

Edited 2 times, last by Nadaná ().

• decrease the Tikal sword m damage a bit 20k on a sword is way to OP

thats a good idea too, to decrease the magical weapon dmg. its a bit boring when 85% player of the server playing a bugged class because of the dmg and not for fun. We should bring a bit more class variation into the game, if its possible for the devs.

• I registerd to the forum to support Nadaná's proposal.

I am still new to this server and I like a lot of things like cheap Dias, interesting promotions and diamond trade in the auction house.

But one of the things that is a lot better on the off servers is the balancing. There we have a bunch of classes which can deal equal damage and a lot of different supporters which can boost damage or decrease deff. That makes makes it fun and interesting to build a group.

Here I have only seen HoS but it's like: Do you have 2-3 mdd's, preferable knight/mages? Then you can run the instance! Regardless of what I play myself I think thats boring. I can still find no reason why the mdeff is that low. I mean the developer team here seems to be dedicated, talented and knowing what their doing, so why was this decision made?

I can't tell about tikal (I heard it's more equal there) but HoS is really strange :huh:

So in my opinion either the Knight/Mage could be nerved like Nadaná proposed or the mdeff and pdeff could be adjusted.

• I also agree to this.
    But imho this is not a bugged class or is not "OP". The K/M has always been a magical tank basically - resp. it was the idea of that.
    But now it's the same problem like the wd/w on off server has: People play a tank class with dps gear and find out that this matters a lot.

The problem we also always had in the past was that there is always a class that is stronger then others. For we have a two-class-system there is no possibility to balance everything on the ideal way.

On Off Server about 70% of all highs played R/M, Warmage or M/W. And on Arcadia these classes have been replaced by K/M, S/Wd and such (excluded Warmage; this one always deals a strong dmg).

However I agree that K/M maybe is a bit too strong. But I also analyzed that other classes like druid/rogue or even warlock/champ "CAN" make up their leeways with a great gear.
    For K/M you need nothing but about 80k Matt, the tikal sword and maybe a setbounty for more crit-dmg.
    The reason why this is enough is that HOS HM has a Mdeff cap at ~80k. That means you don't need more than 80k Matt to deal your Max-DMG. (Same dmg you deal on Lv 1 mobs).
    And K/M has the highest base dmg ingame so once you reach the cap you'll be the dmg-god.

But in other instances like CL or even non-custom Inis like CoE the K/M is unusable. He has no chance of increasing his Matt but only dmg. With a more or less "good" gear, the average K/M stands with about 400k Matt in burst. GoH e.g. has a mdeff cap of 480k Matt. So you see even in this old easy istance the K/M is useless.

To come back to topic I would suggest not to crash the K/M by nerfing some skills/buffs but to increase some bosses Mdeff.
    The result of that "fix" would be that some guilds need much more time to finish one single HOS run but to play more tactics. Maybe afterwards the 6th boss has to be nerfed because there is much dmg left to kill the horse on time, but this is another story.

To summarize: Yes, the balancing has to change to some classes. ;)

• But imho this is not a bugged class or is not "OP".

ok, bug is the wrong word.. lets call it exploit :) maybe better to understand what i mean

But I also analyzed that other classes like druid/rogue or even warlock/champ "CAN" make up their leeways with a great gear.

Element DMG (Darkness and Light) thats all, the only reason why a knight/mage is doing more dmg then the other magical dps classes is the element multiplier buffs like intensification.

The reason why this is enough is that HOS HM has a Mdeff cap at ~80k

not entirely correct, because in all instance you have 2 kind of caps> soft and a hardcap.

I would suggest not to crash the K/M by nerfing some skills/buffs but to increase some bosses Mdeff.

i was testing this on my own server..
    let me explain this: everyone who build a k/m correctly as a mdps, dont care about reaching the mdef a bit, you need to rework skills or give them bosses some element resistance. if its only the mdef, every magical dps would do the dmg like an k/m or an w/ch.
    try to compare the k/m % lightdmg multiplier skills with other classes and you will see what i mean.

Maybe afterwards the 6th boss has to be nerfed because there is much dmg left to kill the horse on time, but this is another story.

offtopic: works correctly

ps. thank you for the ideas (thoughts) about class balance and your feedback in this thread, it helps a lot

Edited once, last by Nadaná ().

• For no reason you guys want to neft k/m ? OK,then let me ask some question :
    - Why is only here k/m being call "OP" or "bug" ,why there is no talk about them in other server, or even before the HoS release ? Mind you that there is already at least one guys insist of using them in all highest ins at that time. And k/m damage dont even that good compare to w/m or scout/warden on everything that is not HOS, so if you talking about OP DPS then i think there is much more class combo you need to neft before k/m. If there is only at one ins then isnt the better solution is fix for just that ins rather than entire class ?Oh and the highest ins now is tikal, not HOS
    - Many said that the class is not "mean" to be DPS, then let me ask about your source ? And why limited one for just one role ? Can i ask for champion/rogue only "Tank" ? And k/m cant even Tank and DPS at the same time,you need to build different gear for each jobs. Oh and the 2h hybrid magical sword and hammer is meant only for K/m dps since the tank build and need shield to do the jobs and w/m use wand , with every time new zone open these two weapon always have update so i dont think the class is only "mean" to be Tank. Combine with the skill build for DPS that Nadana have to ask for neft here it is unreasonable to call it just "mean" to be tank.
    - And finally, the 2h hybrid sword and hammer in tikal is already a neft for them since they got less stats than any other weapon as well as the high att speed compare to normal version. So the question is, what kind of thing you want to get here ? SInce if your suggestion got accepted is there any reason to play k/m here than go to any other server and play the normal type that dont got neft ?

• for no reason? mh.. i would say if you compare -- the amount of effort it takes to learn how to play and the hard rotation of k/m -- with --the amount of dmg it deals -- you can see a minor reason :D

• So now it is the "amount of effort" you want to balance around ? Then when you take way the power in the skill you call "easy" why you dont give that back to other skill that require more "effort" ? And how can you gauge that in the first place ? Do you want to make APM count for each class combo and balance around that now ?

• well all i want is a buff for the rouge :D but nerfing all other classes is also good xd

but without OT i would say a easy to play class shouldnt deal more dmg than those who are hard to play.

more specific.. you should be rewarded for using a 20skill combo and not for pressing one key and then walking away being afk.

buffing other classes could be a solution... but that would lead to even more dmg.. which would require much "harder" bosses. -> these could be "buggy" (im sure that would lead to players crying in the forum about nerfing the bosses)
    ---> nerfing k/m is shorter than buffing classes, buffing bosses, nerfing bosses

• For no reason you guys want to neft k/m ?

for no reason? i or we wouldnt suggest a change - right?

Arthuria this isnt a crying or why why why thread, i hope you get it..
    usefull suggestion are welcome

• or even before the HoS release ?

i wanst here at the hos release, so sorry about that.

Why is only here k/m being call "OP" or "bug"

because it looks like an exploit and it cant be, that you do more then 25kk dmg or more with an autoattack.

Many said that the class is not "mean" to be DPS, then let me ask about your source ?

no source needed its a fact, check your skills and you will see all skills are based on tanking/reducing dmg.

SInce if your suggestion got accepted is there any reason to play k/m here

ofc you can play this class how you want, but not with only 1 skill with more then 25kk dmg each hit, thats all

and btw this is not the only class that i try to change, i want to make more classes playable.

• Because there is a chance that your suggestion become true if we dont oppose it then it will ruin the game for all of us who play the class here when offer nothing in return, combine with the reason behind your suggestion is not for any good at all. I oppose it because i love the class and i see what you do is nothing more than destroy it and we dont like being sacrifice pawn.
    As for straum, play k/m and never using anything other than the attack button then go afk with me in any ins, both using k/m and then lets compare our DPS, you insult me and many ppls play the class like that, we using many skill and buff as well and we dont go afk in any instance.
    My skill can be use for both Tank AND DPS, that is the whole reason you want to neft two of the most important k/m damage skill here.
    And you still dont answer me, why do you think there is no neft for the class in the history of the game as well as anyone call them to be OP ? Or do you think you are better than any ppls playing ROM in the history of the game include all of the Dev and GM in every server too ?

• Because there is a chance that your suggestion become true

i hope so

it will ruin the game for all of us

that is like sh**talking and not an argument. after a change like this you will do 15kk dmg each hit and not 25 or more, thats all

you insult me and many ppls play the class like that

there is no insult from my side, the only thing i want to improve the server to get more player here and not only k/m, but maybe thats a thing that you dont understand here.

so my question to you..
    why you dont want a change like this? and please just good arguments and not answer like" i like this class bla bla bla"
    whats the problem to make a bit less dmg then before? you can stil play this class but not that powerfull

• It is auto attack and holy light domain with tons of buff and other skill to support .
    Ofc i dont want to change like this. You make the game worst for us that play k/m than other server so why should we have to stay here to play the neft version while all other server offer us the normal version ?
    You talk about "powerful" , then i ask you at what aspect you call k/m "powerful" , have you ever see what they do in any other thing than HOS ? Are they more "powerful" than any other class you guys use there ?
    WHat you want is not "change" ,what you want is just simply neft the class and ruins the game for everyone that play it.

• auto attack is your strongest skill? TELL ME WHY a class, using only the !MOST BASIC SKILL! (which every class has) should deal tons of dmg.

auto attack is even worse than spamming only one skill. because you need to press only one button once to deal dmg xD

warmage deals most of its dmg with auto attack? yes but you still need to press other skills WHILE the fight to do dmg.

no one is talking about buffing before a fight.

AND BONUS

i just made a quick dn run.
    Party setup:
    3 ppl
    Tank: Champion/Rogue (active)
    Healer: Druid/Warden (acitve)
    DPS: Rogue/Mage (active)
    3x Knight/Mage (all afk)

now guess how the scruti looked like.
    of course me as #1 but the 3 afk knights were dangerously close to my dmg. they didnt press anything, but i had to maintain my bleedings, use the right skills on cd and feed my char with throwing weapons.

dn isnt hos, so why did then make any dmg?

• And the same apply to k/m we have to use many buff WHILE in fight to make better damage not just pre buff and we need to timing HLD as well to have better survivability as well as damage while not cut in our full attack patern.
    And the Big hard hit of k/m is a double edge sword since it make quite of aggro , combine with the combo of Mana shield and Holy Power of Explosion we have to constant watch out for the aggro meter and ready to act when boss or mobs target us .
    YOu call 3 DPS and then said their damage only come close to you as tank as a proof oO ,should i do the same just replce k/m with w/m or r/m ? They can do it if they want but that is what they get for dps that cant even do the same as a tank.

• You make the game worst for us that play k/m than other server so why should we have to stay here to play the neft version while all other server offer us the normal version ?

only a bit less dmg then before and good playable.. please dont compare anything with other server, you cant do it because not one of the other server are that good like arcadia. there is no normal version! it depends on the development team what kind of class balance do you have on a server.

You talk about "powerful" , then i ask you at what aspect you call k/m "powerful" , have you ever see what they do in any other thing than HOS ?

yes i talk about powerful. i create a gear for k/m only to test how much dmg i do there and holy sh** that cant be true. yes i dont like to play this class, because its stupid to press one button and go afk.

Are they more "powerful" than any other class you guys use there ?

you cant compare k/m to any other class, there is no class that does the same dmg with only one skill (autoattack)

WHat you want is not "change" ,what you want is just simply neft the class and ruins the game for everyone that play it.

dont act like this, i already said what i want. > improve the server with more playable classes
    and btw please dont talk about everyone, looks more that you are the only one here.

• You keep calling that a "one class button" but i disagree, then how about settle it ? you come with me in an ins, you can only push one button then go afk when i play how ever i want then compare the result.

• You keep calling that a "one class button" but i disagree, then how about settle it ? you come with me in an ins, you can only push one button then go afk when i play how ever i want then compare the result.

still no argument only no sense.. no more answer or discuss from my side to you.. its like to talk with a wall

• Nadana.. i just checked this and I can't find any data about elemental resistance on bosses in instances after chapter1 (CL norm & Kalin).
    The only thing you can find elemental resistance in todays content is in pvp, resp. in the player stats. But those will never grow over 500.

Then it could be that the dev team integrated some in HOS HM, but I don't believe in that.
    Elemental resistance is only a fix value. Bosses must have resistances of over 10kk that players would notice that xD

But also accept that some ppl want to keep their gear they optimized on k/m for HOS.
    I think we even can't nerf k/m only, but could rebalance the whole mdps classes. ;)

• Nadana.. i just checked this and I can't find any data about elemental resistance on bosses in instances after chapter1 (CL norm & Kalin).

looks like you didnt read my start poste..

I think we even can't nerf k/m only

its more an balance and other classes should follow, to have some class variety on the server.

• Well I did, but increasing elemental resistance will not solve the problem ^^
    We need a %-value change (dmg calculation, mdeff, aso.), not an absolute value change (resist, critres, aso.).

And as far as I know the elemental resists are not even included in dmg-calculation anymore since chapter 2... but here I could be wrong, don't know what the Arcadia-team did there ^^