Posts by espar91

92% of dps do with one skill, it is not very possible.

I also believe a player who doesn't use kitty or lua will have

a huge problem to use the possibilities of the class.

they can spam that one skill and dont miss much if it is true that 92% of total dps is from one skill, that sounds like this class is one of easiest classes ever created.

this class is hard, yes. it is hard even if you play with kitty/lua and it is understandable that 90% of player base dont see maximum potential of class. but it isn't harder to play without kitty because of new skill; it is hard because of non gcd click-to-use aoe skill, it is unique.

literally every dps class has 1 or more non-gcd skills, every class is harder to play without scripts and if you aren't taking methylphenidate before your instance runs, you cant compete with a person who use kitty/lua in any dps class with a few exception.

if you are thinking using 3 gcd skill at same time is an issue, champs has this since kinetic burn change, class can use 3 skills in 0.3 sec with script during aoe burst, but you cant do it manually.

same issue is for mages, they have 2-3 non gcd instant skill and can use 3 at 0.3 sec, but cant do it manually

eh, warlocks have similar situation too.

anyways, having 2 or 3 non gcd skill to spam is not a problem and you didn't complain about this when r/s got its first rework with 3 spammable non gcd skills; because it had no click-to-use aoe skill which is harder to use. i don't think you care about people without kitty/lua, reality is, difficulty isn't coming from 3 non gcd skills but from enlivened blade and you already know that.

-----

comment about r/m:

r/m dps isn't consistent even after artefact and many many physical attack cards, which gave me more or less +100k buffed patk over a year, so i wouldn't recommend people to use it with or without kitty/lua if their raid don't have good tanks, supports and healers who actually helps dps rotationally. i suggest confused people to stick to r/ch because it performs between good and insane regardless of raid setup while r/m is performing between horrible and insane depending on raid setup.

cheers

idk if you are talking about big room or small room, but big room is not for your scout, if you checked what debuffs are giving on each room you would have understood. and in small room, r/ch, r/wl, b/r, b/ch, wd/wl, ch/r are pretty strong.

anyways it doesn't matter, if your class is not good in wb and you cant live with this fact, just change class or stop playing until your class is "fixed" one day. however balance should not revolve around where johnkopytko run the most so i don't think that day would be any soon for wb.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im pretty pleased about strength of leather classes in current meta, just need to nerf r/ch and r/m a bit along with some chain classes but can't comment about them as i played them only once or twice in a year.

rofl part of my opinion: leathers (including me) have no right to complain about "weakness" of leathers until they nerf r/ch and r/m. its been 2 years that i complained about these classes in forum and noone gave a care. some even said r/m isn't so op and dont need any nerf. after 2 years both are still overperforming in all aspects even compared to bards and none of you are talking about this, i can't know facts about your mind but only guess, maybe you aren't even playing all of leather classes but just playing 3-4 of them ONCE and deciding all of them are weak afterwards.

nostalgia instance part of my opinion i don't care about how bad X class is in nostalgia instances which are not giving any equipment power spike, im able to play many leather classes whenever i want and they all are viable in last main instance of game which is realm of the forgotten legends. if you dont want to get beaten by mages in hoto/kalin, dont run hoto/kalin, simple as is. mages aren't overperforming compared to leather in main content so there is no way to balance this for requests of these leather-is-weak-in-hoto players, so please stop

not-a-mage-player

cheers

this is like saying "my r/wl can't compete with a m/r in aoe burst, buff my single target damage by 300% so i can deal some damage in aoe parts too", do you see how illogical this is?

it is so obvious that you are trying to make something not suitable for certain instance suitable for it while making it overly stronger in other instances. obviously you are missing the main idea of my message; only way to fix this "problem" of yours is making all classes work in same way, same skill concept, same amount of damage, same amount of attack.

buffing a class because its not suitable for hoto is not a valid reason

i don't know how do you expect a balance for these classes in both kalin and rofl at same time, but let me clue you in; burst classes are not designed for early runs of last contents. kalin is not providing you any big attack boost, so burst classes will never work better than sustain classes in kalin except strongest ones. logic is simple: sustain classes have their 90% damage whole time and they have plenty of time. burst classes have their 100% damage every 2-3 mins and they suck if they cant kill EVERYTHING during that buff duration. so in an instance where you can't kill whole room in single burst, your burst class will suck, this is something that is not fixable logically. if you think s/wd is bad in kalin and needs a buff just because of that, just dont play it.

when new instance will be released, sustain classes will be king again for 3-6 months burst classes will be competing with them once they finish gear. this worked same since eternity and there is literally no logical way to fix this without making every single class in game work in same way. some classes should SUCK in certain times. once you get your next instance gear, your s/wd will be fine in kalin. i would suggest to wait that day patiently as all other burst classes.

cheers

1) Chains cannot compete vs rangedps in Hoto because Chains do not have a pure viable Rangeclass. The skillgap and punishment if you get a small lag or dont stun a deadly aoe from foe is huge in Hoto. There is no reward for making this risk and the result is either less dmg because of careful gameplay or an extra death.

and i dont understand how this could be fixed, ranged warrior? chains have too strong classes and have too much potential, just being less viable in an instance doesn't mean they are weak, bad or useless

2) Wardens pet design have to maximize Atk even over Pdmg. This is because of the damagecalc of Pets basing mostly on Atk and very little on Pdmg. This is good but makes Warden less viable in Instances where the Petmaster vastly surpasses the targets defense. Try to outdps a Bard/Mage in Inferno as a Chain Warden/X

nothing can outdps sustain classes in 5 year old instance, its not just for chains, burst mages or rogues cant outdps any sustain class in inferno too.

3) The introduction of Bards gave mage 6, leather 5 and chain 4 new classes.

after bards; chains have 23, leathers 19, cloths 23 dps classes; so you don't have anything to complain on this as a chain, but i can cry all day for not having enough classes to play as a leather main :P

4) If you raise any concern about Chains vs other, you are immedietly discredited as a dps and people will question you.

might be because you are thinking chains are weak for wrong reasons, they aren't weak in terms of dps imo

one another thing i would like to raise is chains are imo harder than mages or rogues; i don't prefer to play warrior for their one-time aoe skills being too hard to use for an impatient and unskilled player like me where i fail it alot and end up being last in scrut of aoe burst if i can't land them properly in a low supported raid. this is rendering them weak if your aoes can't oneshot mobs but they have potential to do so, and i believe this is a good characteristic property of warrior; so i would say don't let your class pick you but pick your class depending on your choices and expectations.

cheers

i suggest doing balance depending on guilds since every guild is experiencing different results with same classes.

But to be realistic, in the other hand, most of DPS are reliant on tanks and their pull style, if your tank doesn't want your class deal damage, you won't deal damage.

i also suggest to change scout to full strength due to its nature in my mind, and change rogue to full dexterity, and so far you can't use both classes with same equipment, please consider it because i think it will be a good change.

Change for better.

how come something is being better just because you want it and literally none of other end game leathers in topic? xD

Especially since you don't use this kind of stats anymore

they don't use such stats now because champ don't need sta/sta to tank easy content, knight don't need more attack to tank mobs in easy content, rogues don't need more dodge rate to dodge attacks of mobs from low aggroed tanks in easy content etc

The argument "you can play full dex and be worse" is an invalid.

then don't play 6 dex build, thats simple. 3/3 build for scout isn't even something new for scout, people were using that since this game released in 2009.

We are talking about a game about magic and swords, let's not seek realism in the game, where the pet collects items from mobs with perfume: D

in such case anything is acceptable and your argument is not valid but a time waste.

also there were people who use 6 str on leather equipment to use it for 2 different class group, which is another option this game is giving to your lovely equipment from its rich choice pool, but you are ignoring them either and want to remove 2 different possible choices from this equipment just because you want it. this topic is just selflishly created nonsense in my opinion.

when they change healers u use this arguments ? bcs this is same sit

WHY change with healers is good but with leather class not ? im stupid i dont know why tell me pls

i don't think you can deal acceptable amount of damage as a damage dealer in high end instance with beginner gear, unlike how healers were before wisdom change.

cheers

i dont understand whats the purpose of complaining about this topic, there is no real reason to want this (except for maybe evaluate your stocked dex stats/equipments in next instance?)

people were using mixed stats already in past and it was never an issue, such as 4 sta/sta 2 sta/dex for some knight combinations, idr exactly but im pretty sure i saw such equipments. or for example 3/3, 4/2 sta/sta - str/str champions, 4 sta/sta 2 str/str knights etc. where were you when they were using stats of two different class group? or were you also defending the idea of removing patk gained from str for knights? i don't remember such thing.

if you think rogue should use 6 dex, use 6 dex. you aren't losing any bit of damage output by doing so except health - and spend almost 60% lesser diamonds for stats if you wish to buy them in regular economy -, which you confessed already that low hp isn't a problem already. let people use whatever they want. i am only seeing this pseudo argument; "i can use 6 dex but others shouldn't use 3/3 build because i want to use 6 dex"

i also find str in leather builds more realistic and would even support full str for scout; try to draw a combat bow in real life, you will understand what i mean :P

cheers

im using kitty combo and its quite enough for everything, there is nothing i can't do in kittycombo but in a lua script. i don't think i can do better damage with a lua script either.

is there nowadays a possibility in kitty to use skills depending on classes in group? It's just one example I use. If I play a scout/x and there is a scout/rogue in group, I use Vampire Arrows, otherwise not. Same goes for Manadrain Shot if Scout/warrior is in group. I don't use kitty but I have other several things kitty combo (3-4 years ago) didn't have

For playing rogue, kitty is enough I guess, but as scouts with weapon swap need depending on attack speed, I don't think so

yes, regular kittycombo is very basic addon and has very few conditions. kittycombo (the one in ArcadiaUtilities) has extra conditions such as "script" where you can do basically anything as you can do in diyce/lua.

personally, i would say only benefit of external scripts for me is i wouldn't need to press "save variables" button 325 times to be sure everything is saved properly before i log out after making a kitty because of most of the time not working variable save system of this game.

i agree that new players are future of arcadia, but then what do you suggest? boost new players even if it is going to boost experienced players alot because news are arcadia's future?

Someone playing with a Kittycombo will never reach the same dps as someone with an OK Lua

im using kitty combo and its quite enough for everything, there is nothing i can't do in kittycombo but in a lua script. i don't think i can do better damage with a lua script either.

about the division between zyrex and others in this thread about mages;

no, this division isn't about supports in raid or power difference of classes that is played. it isn't about gear either, i saw several pdps players in 2021 who is dealing good amount of damage even with that worse equipment. you just don't want to understand the point still and yet nobody is pointing that in their answers towards such opinions in forum yet, but im tired of such conversation for almost 1.5 years. only fact is that your physical damage dealers in your runs are BAD, there is nothing else that you should check. after knowing someone is bad, you just ignore those players to do comparison, and everything is fixed.

such conclusion is nothing more than a nonsese; "my mage is better than a random pdps, i never saw any other better pdps in my last 6 months, so this guy is best pdps i saw so far, so mage is better than pdps". someone who can hear is in better condition compared to a deaf person, but you can't say that person who is able to hear is best human being ever existed just because you didn't see another person who is able to hear.

stop comparing yourself with mediocre damage dealers and let them live with this until they develop their gameplay to be better. such players was always in this game even before balance and they were perfoming bad even with same class compared to another player, this is a fact that can't be changed. your this behaviour is just an insult to good mage players who is getting bullied by a good pdps in every run.

"mage" = "Mage class". I would say "mdps" if I mean "magical classes". Oh yes, mage was quite op and still is. You don't even need any casting spell (like flame) to deal decent dps in the overall run with M/D or M/Wd, just for example.

then i would suggest you to get better pdps in your runs to compare yourself, because mage has no chance against almost any pdps class in current content.

but you are usually alone in random parties where you can discover real potential of a class/yourself.

Pls what? Pls whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I can't discover the potential of my class or of myself, when the s/pr, the ch/dr, the wr/pr or every other supp do the suppskills, when its not needed. Like u r on Jerath going in and all supp buffs come out when u down (or a other player) and can't get the buffs.
    Your statement here is a very bad joke.

In a random run, you can compare absolutely nothing. Neither the strength of a class nor the skills of a player. There are far too many random factors (different gear, you play with or without LUA, you get support or not, etc.).

Unfortunately, however, is balanced on such a crap, as it is written here.
    ~ Just my opinion.

i would suggest you to understand what i mean firstly.

if a class can't perform enough with those "bad supports", that class will not be played by 90% of server, thats a simple fact. your specific raids that set with high amount of supports is your own choice where you should change your class to the one which performs better with supports. in the other hand there are random raids where you always have a chance to get no/a bad support and forcing you to change your class to something else which performs enough without needing supports.

one another way is to change every attack speed buffer in the game to % damage instead, to fix this issue in bigger scale.

as i already mentioned on champion set skill suggestion, there are buffs that are boosting only small part of whole dps pool of game which is causing imbalance between classes in certain raid setups, but it is decision of raid to pick certain supports as long as it is affordable easily, like in past people were playing m/ch support for w/m dps, you pay literally nothing for such a support, but not for champion set skill.

i just mentioned/implied that champion set skill is not easy to obtain and it is rather a chain booster than a common support utility. i would also support that this set skill give % damage to party members instead of % attack/cast speed rather than being personal buff either, my solely purpose behind this suggestion is to fix this diversion between different raid setups and that would also prevent people being annoyed who exchanged this set skill only for support purpose.

Scout/priest

Spiritual Leader should not increase attack speed of group anymore. Only for caster

Greetings

i partly agree with this, but rather change attack speed to % damage than removing it entirely for group for the reasons i mentioned before on this message. most importantly, attack speed buffs are just enemy of fast weapon users during burst in current state of the game, especially for a scout with a bow.

I predict that the current mage meta shifts to a "mage & champ" one now.

are you talking about the mage class by "mage" or magical classes in general? because i don't think mage was in meta at all since last few patches except maybe m/s and m/r.

The Sage rework seems to ignore the crit resistance of your targets in burst now

my rogue is reaching 50k crit during burst and it still have 85% crit rate in rofl bosses when i don't use premeditation, which is 81-82% without assassins rage xD i don't think thats such a big boost

apparently everything is working different for us. for me r/wd is worst rogue in overall due to lacking sustain unless there are enough dps to reduce its lack during idling time by compensating rest of sustain until next burst of r/wd. like 2 sustain class which is sharing sustain until next burst of r/wd etc. (i didn't play r/wd after last 20% aoe buff.)

i don't know how do you want me to prove such thing, i can't duplicate my self to compare things in real time. r/ch basically have higher sustain for me compared to ANY rogue. and compared to same players, im always doing more damage as r/ch.

my r/ch run with 3 similar dps (with similar damage in overall) took 45-50 mins to finish. could you remind me how long it was, todays run, with total of 4~ equal damage source?, because i can't remember. (4 by merging low damage sources)

ok lets try:

don't forget that these are random parties, not a guild run where everyone is getting support from several sources. prepared runs can be designed by however party community wants, but you are usually alone in random parties where you can discover real potential of a class/yourself. for example you can see how many times you die with a bad tank and can say chain classes are better than leather in such a run due to survivability. everything works different in different scenarios.

anyway, my overall damage per second of r/ch is minimum 4.1kk as you can see and goes up to 4.9kk. this makes it 4.5kk average on 3 samples. this of course depends on even tank, but im talking about average values of this statistic.

- this is the run where took 50 mins, 6.5kkk damage in a 50 min "random" run without entering organs, i don't think r/m can do such damage in a random party, but lets not talk about certain runs and go into average.

meanwhile my r/m is between 3.78 - 4.15kk, which is 3.9kk in average, 15% lower than r/ch.

both classes have common supports in the runs, in older screenshots where i had no support except an average wlm, this overall dps of r/m drops to even around 3-3.2kk but sadly my Statisticsfree ad space addon wasn't existing yet, means is hard to find older screenshots, must check one by one, so i won't bother.

15% difference is big enough to couldn't be margin of error.

thats all i can show you unfortunately, i don't have special powers to analyze everything deeper than this.

I think r/m is the strongest rogue overall.

i disagree with this entirely. r/ch is currently most broken rogue in overall, and i can easily say r/w, r/ch, r/s can outdps a r/m in equal conditions

even the class which alot people were complained about when its nerfed, r/p, has higher base damage compared to r/m which results in higher sustain, and they both have same patk if you pay extra diamonds to r/m for statted high tier offhand, otherwise its even lower than r/p.

But you are able to buy projectiles.

classes with high mana consumption need to use mana potion every 20 seconds

didn't know there is a support class thats giving projectiles like mp

there are a lot of other classes which have an exclusive weapon only for their combination :/

exclusive weapon and extra weapon are different things.

2h hammer for r/ch is exclusive weapon, 2x 1h axe for w/r is extra weapon, w/r is an expensive class.

r/ch have insane sustain and burst, w/r has insane aoe burst, r/w has insane aoe burst and insane capability to do challenge runs without supports or some bad supports. while r/m has nothing special, there is no reason to make a 2nd dagger for this class in this state. playing r/m is rather like tiring than funny and enjoyable.

about rogue/mage

- this class is consuming around 6-8k throwable knife (450-600 arcadia coins) in an average rofl run which is making is a bit lesser profitable than playing other classes

- it requires quite more effort to reach maximum damage potential compared to other rogues, which is making this class very less popular, i saw only 1 or 2 rogue/mage for months

- it is relying on supports alot, it underperform in every case where you dont have supports to save you every single time, i could say that is most annoying class if you dont have enough/good supports, i believe due to its being least patk rogue amongst other rogues, i have statted dagger in offhand to compensate this but it still has 1.2kk patk and has literally 0 buff to gain higher patk except 12% patk from set skill

- to compare, it is kinda like rogue/priest, but to play rogue/priest you need only one weapon and it doesnt have energy issues unlike rogue/mage.

- it requires 2 high tiered weapon to reach its maximum potential, it is very expensive class but is not worth for this expense.

my suggestion is to give this class slight patk like 6-8% or so and change combo throw to inflict fire damage too, however, due to its design, this class will stay as one of least popular rogues i think.

Furthermore is the whole balance in dealing damage nearly impossible

there will be always differences, i don't mean every class should be same in every different party setup. but champ set skill is something else

you can have most of other support utilities in any raid because they are common, achievable with any average player, and they are profitable by almost any damage dealer. but champ iss is expensive, rare and not profitable for more than half of damage dealers in game which is making things alot different in raids which dont have this buff.

another thing that is making me think is champ 95/104 set skill

this skill is for "group" and sounds like a supportive skill, in fact this skill is just for 2h weapon user physical damage dealers and entirely useless for rogue, scout (with bow) and magical classes.

classes which are being very similar to each other in comparison where there is no 95/104 champ iss in party starts to have 20-25% damage difference during burst which is leading 2h user physical damage dealers perform better than everything else and making balance impossible between each other since this skill is not something easy to achieve for everyone yet affecting results in big scale.

additionally 2h user classes can also use scorching rage which provides 24.5% damage output while other classes which cant get benefit of this champ set skill must use ironblood will in any case. but i think this is fine and letting player chose depending on party setup.

so, i suggest to change this skill to be self buff, or increase "damage dealt" instead of attack speed. (1% attack speed provides 1.225~% damage dealt to physical damage dealers as long as you do not reach the speed cap)

Regarding Warrior/Champ:

I would prefer to set the cooldown of Vendetta Blow back to 3 seconds to keep up with other classes. In addition, the cooldown was already a few patches ago to 3 seconds and the class has been perfect to play. Smoother Rota and in my opinion the best warrior to play at this point. I would be happy about such a change, because even in single target damage and overall damage this change should be fine.

Greetings

imo this class have sustain same as some other good chains, or maybe a bit more than champs (idk about chwl) but its aoe burst feels a bit low to me (assuming you don't have 5-6 support in party, in that case most likely every class is equal since everything is oneshotting everything xD) compared to w/s, w/r, r/ch, r/w, r/m... and various other class ive played in last 2-3 weeks which is the weakness of wch and im not sure if reducing cd of vendetta blow back to 3s would fix this, unless im missing something about the class

am i missing the part that they disallowed using 2h weapons on this class or you have an advanced math behind this objection? because warden don't have passive % damage for 1h weapons, 1h axe has 15% lesser dps than 2h sword and offhand weapons have 30% lesser damage from passive which i believe will make both option be similar. i don't see any way that 1h weapon would be necessary, but would be just an option.

I just want to have an answer from developer in which way this change will be going.

they are just adding "1-h axe requirement" to use skills when they want to force player to use 1-h axe, like they did in past for r/w, it isn't something new

so i don't think that is the actual intention.

imo letting wd/r use 1h axe is something good for warrior/rogue players because 1h axe is a weapon with least usage in game in terms of class combo quantity. i mean you can play 9 dps class if you have 2h sword for example, but with 1h axe you have/had only 1 class in chains.

In my opinion, this is what this balance is all about. Seasons for new connections where you need to make new weapons. At the beginning, the connection will probably be too strong, people will make weapons and it will be weakened.

This was the case with almost all connections that were rebuilt.

i don't think classes that are using rare weapons such as gun, 1h axe or weapons that aren't related with the main class etc are getting weakened. r/ch, s/ch, r/w, w/r, d/w are still top tier dps in my opinion.

Warden/Rogue

• Changed Walker Spirit to Broken Asymmetry; Your skills will inflict damage again by using your offhand weapon, and increases 1-H weapon damage by 8%.

You seriously want to force warden/rogue to have 1h weapons? Cause if that is your intention i would say that this is hilarious, unnecessary and infuriating.

am i missing the part that they disallowed using 2h weapons on this class or you have an advanced math behind this objection? because warden don't have passive % damage for 1h weapons, 1h axe has 15% lesser dps than 2h sword and offhand weapons have 30% lesser damage from passive which i believe will make both option be similar. i don't see any way that 1h weapon would be necessary, but would be just an option.

Wardens damage shouldn't be more dependent from pet cause pets are dying to easily.

however if we have to talk about wardens, first of all i would suggest you to find a tank who can hold aggro of pet which has -75% aggro buff on it, then play wd/m which has almost same skill set as any other warden and quite overperfoming if you didn't like that they are letting wd/r equip 1h weapons.

so you mean using m/s pet makes no sense? because my cenedril is always doing similar damage either as mdps or pdps. (approx. 400-600kk in a 70 min run)

The scaling of Belrog is from your physical stats. Magical stats are worthless for the pets, since they dont have any magical casts (afaik)

my belorg has 5-6kk attack and +500k damage either as pdps or mdps, i don't see much of a scaling difference.