Posts by Omicron

I wouldn't mind turning k/m into a dps combo as well. They could do something to differentiate it from w/m, perhaps have the main stats be stamina + strength (or int?)

Something like retribution paladins would be nice

"Rework"

Sure, why not?

• Better starting tutorial zone - Interesting but you'll need to elaborate more on this.
    • Adjustments to exp rate - lol, lmao even. Good luck with that, I even made a thread telling you this won't work.
    • Reducing exp debt for newbies - I'll do you better : abolish this system entirely. For all players.
    • Good mount for 3/7 days - It would be better to just add a merchant that sells permanent mounts for gold. It doesn't have to be anything crazy, just regular horses will do.
    • Daily rewards for newbies - And at what point do they stop becoming newbies? Bad idea.

Everything else sounds fine, if only for fluff and I agree with what anbubg and madox said.

Also these doesn't really address why new players aren't coming and to be honest, most who do come are probably veterans of RoM anyway.

There are things such as the weapon leveling which should just be rid off by this point and the levelling experience, especially for 1-60, is atrocious.

As for level boost, I'm more mixed about that one. Personally I'd increase the boost to 90 and, this might sound unpopular, let players reclaim the boosted gear as many times as they want as long as they are lvl 90 with that class.

Nerf the gears if you must, but this could ease gearing issues especially if they want to try different classes.

There are many other things that needs to be reworked or needing an overhaul. I'm not saying we should dumb down the game, but RoM is old and frankly it's not very newbie friendly. This goes for both retail and Arcadia

There seems to be some scripting error with the quest line starting with The Panther and The Bird and onwards where cutscenes are supposed to play but nothing happens and you get stuck for at least a few seconds and you can't move or do anything or it immediately skips with no cutscene playing.

It would be nice for the parts with longer cutscenes to be fixed because some might mistake it for the game/quest bugging out :)

And yes, this is minor because you can still complete the quest but it would be nice regardless (also so I don't have to go to YouTube to get context on what just happened since the game suddenly paused)

Agreed. I'm in favor of just removing weapon lvl outright as It's one of the many things in RoM that just feels unnecessary.

Whether the system needs to be removed or revamped, it needs to be changed all the same.

Personally i would not mind questing / leveling longer when the Questing experience would be better / more enjoyable .

The questing experience from 1-55 is definitely the least fun part of the game. It gets better around 60+ but not by much.

Honestly, I'd like to see how they try to revamp the newbie experience unless they go full cata on it :P

if that's the case I'm still not sure how reducing it to x7 will even do anything since that's still pretty high..might as well change the default to x1 :)

Newbie revamp? That's interesting, but If you're going to smooth over the newbie experience there is a helluva lot more than just tweaking exp rate, giving "more info" and a "new start" since they can still just burn through dailies. Do newbies even do the group/dungeon quest in lower zones? They probably just pass it and go to the next zone until the cap..if they don't outright just boost to 80 and face the same problem.

To be honest, it sounds like the team is set with this change so my feedback probably doesn't matter but I still think it's better to just let players decide their own rate. Let the lower rate be the default if you must, but having an option to keep x10 would still be nice.

I do appreciate the reply though and perhaps an elaboration of what this "revamp newbie experience" will be like would be enlightening.

Not sure where to post this or if I should start a separate thread but I see from a recent patch note that you will reduce EXP rate to x7 from x10.

Can you..not? Don't know about anyone else but I think x10 is just right and if anyone has a problem with it you should make it possible for players to switch x7 or x10 on their own.

I know it's not guaranteed but just a thought :)

Not sure where else to post this but I had a bug with the playernet app so I had to uninstall it but when I try to find it I only get directed to Manual download for RoM.

Does the app still exist or is it removed from site?