Posts by MidanLauert

I am really not sure about the changes of the d/w. They go into the right direction, but the main issue of the class is rage. The class isn't good unless you take some dwarfen ale - and another rage cost will not change that.

Maybe you could add some additional rage generation to Natural Attack, as you miss a basic attack from channeling it?

Anywho, the upcoming patch looks pretty nice!

The class is just redundant. It would need a rework or rebalance anyway to be a good option. I fully agree though that it's playstyle is cool, but what it offers to the raid is harder to achieve at a higher expense. Especially the tower of life is sadly not as nice as it sounds - since you put it down under yourself, the group will quickly move on and be out of range. Then it's on cooldown for a while. Cool for bosses, but not much else. :/ That isn't even a unique ability, as the p/wls level 70 Elieskill es does the same job, but better. The class doesn't have a foot to stand on at the moment.

I'm not against the class being a healer, at all. I would find a priest heal with a significantly different playstyle really nice. And heal versatility is fun. Perhaps the chain of light could get the p/k treatment and work as aoe, but instead on all your allies in range, healing them in the process? The multiple hits could also generate more rage, fixing the afformentioned issue.

Have a blessed day,
    Midan

I don't think it needs a rework. And neither it is redundant. Maybe in the current content it is a bit because you can't just be afk clicking HoT's every 20 seconds and call it done like on the current broken healing classes. This class was always more focused on single target heal. Looking at all priests it has, with all his buffs, one of the best and maybe even the best single target heal.

Healing right now is, as you already put it, at a point where overheal is so ridiculous that that the amount isn't really an issue. You don't need insane single target heal when a priest with no secondary can quite easily overheal the damage taken. It is redundant in the sense that it offers no differing playstyle or buff that makes it worth playing currently. I've not once seen a /ch in rofl.

On top with all the mana support you can get from your group the class got even better in group healing. If they would rework the class it looses it's purpose to be a very very good single target heal/support. I know in the current content that single target heal is more or less useless but hopefully it will change in the next content that you can't just tank the whole ini as for example: a rogue/priest with leather gear and tank accessoire. Then this class would be a lot more viable and the versatility is still there. Another thing: Yes you may have to do more to support your raid but currently as a healer you do nothing so having a bit of work wouldn't hurt anyone imo xD. You have some nice extra support with this combination in your champion skills - You can interrupt/stun for a few seconds which of you can never have enough and, if you have no champ in your group, you even get some more pdef reduction.

I totally agree here too. The relationship between damage taken and healing taken is moved so heavily into one direction that it trivializes the entire roll. Heals, as much as this hurts, are more picked for their support with healing aspects this meta than actual, pure healers. That is not good.

At the same time you are very contradictory with yourself. You say that the tower is useless and not unique because the p/wl has a better one but you want the chain of light to be the same like the p/s one? That way the p/s chain of light would loose it unique style. If they would change it there would be another topic open why one chain is better than the other one and make this class superior.
    Yes the tower gives less attributes and doesn't heal the group like the p/wl one. But the p/wl one has a higher cd. Even if it's just a bit, but less cd means you can put it more often --> more support for the raid. The only reason why the towers are useless at the moment is, again, because of content where you just can run through the mobs with even 2 dps like they are just there for decoration and because of that everyone runs to fast out of them.

Few things: I never once said that the tower is useless, I am saying that it's usefulness is limited by the way the endgame works currently. I also said that the ability itself is a worse copy of another ability. Both statements are true. 6% all attributes is great, but outshined by the 10% of the /wl.

What I mean with the chain of light isn't a copy of the p/s - I mean it as an heal that needs to be used from a certain range (as in, putting youself in the middle of the raid instead of the back) to generate enough rage. This would also be a nice synergy with the turret, as you'd have more of a reason to stand in mid-range. I used the word "target" earlier, which was wrong. This proposed ability wouldn't use a direct target as the other chain(s) need to. While the p/s uses their chain of light supplementary if at all to heal, my proposal would turn this into a bread and butter skill to recover much more rage - something that we both agree on should happen.

I am also very aware that a higher uptime due to a lower cooldown would buff the support of the class quite a bit - but as it currently stands, you can run only about 250 units away from it before the buff just disappears. That is a very small field for a static element which results in just a few seconds of effective uptime in the trashes; especially when you'd need to run partway into the monsters as a healer to properly set up your tower anyway. Instead of a lower CD they may just let the buff linger for a while (like, 5-7 seconds after one has ran out of the zone).

If they let you regenerate some more rage with your chain this class is very viable for it's purposes. Maybe it's not useful at the moment but it can be useful in the future content with it's purpose of beeing a great single target heal/support with a good group heal/support on the side.

They should definitely up the rage generation. If not via multitargeting they may do that by a simple number increase. The class has potential.

Have a blessed day,
    Midan

Greetings,

If there would be a second magic DPS-Priest, I would recommend the p/ch.

It's a class that's useless right now so it wouldn't interfere with a rework even - and a priest built around magic light damage is what the class is already supposed to be with it's enhanced chain of light!

I am personally against it. Every elite skill, except the lvl 15, are build for healing on the priest/champ. And I don't think this class is useless at the moment. Maybe the lvl 70 elite skill yes but that's only because the single target dmg in rofl is very low. But otherwise this class has very good healing skills. Yes they cost lots of mana or rage but that's just a way to adapt your own playstyle. Even with some support you could hold the "Healing Diamond Light", which cost 7% mana every second, almost permanently up. If they would change something on it I would suggest to let the "Chain of Light" to regenerate some more rage than how it is now with 3 rage/hit. Otherwise this class has great healing skills and an interesting support in your "Tower of Vitality".

Kind Regards Nghty

The class is just redundant. It would need a rework or rebalance anyway to be a good option. I fully agree though that it's playstyle is cool, but what it offers to the raid is harder to achieve at a higher expense. Especially the tower of life is sadly not as nice as it sounds - since you put it down under yourself, the group will quickly move on and be out of range. Then it's on cooldown for a while. Cool for bosses, but not much else. :/ That isn't even a unique ability, as the p/wls level 70 Elieskill es does the same job, but better. The class doesn't have a foot to stand on at the moment.

I'm not against the class being a healer, at all. I would find a priest heal with a significantly different playstyle really nice. And heal versatility is fun. Perhaps the chain of light could get the p/k treatment and work as aoe, but instead on all your allies in range, healing them in the process? The multiple hits could also generate more rage, fixing the afformentioned issue.

Have a blessed day,
    Midan

If there would be a second magic DPS-Priest, I would recommend the p/ch.

It's a class that's useless right now so it wouldn't interfere with a rework even - and a priest built around magic light damage is what the class is already supposed to be with it's enhanced chain of light!

Bang for your buck: an overview on balancing, communication and community from an economists perspective.

Hi. I'm Midan. I've played on Arcadia for some time now and I have experienced many facets of the game. I've been active on the forum for almost half a year now, voicing both my applause and frustrations with the game; in comparison to the other servers, this place is an absolute dreamland – but even dreams have their dark corners. I'm here to explore some of them.

Balancing:

The balancing of this server and the efforts of the development team are a literal godsend. It brings out so much potential of the game that the original developers ignored or were ordered to be ignored in order to increase profit margins.

But what even is balancing? What are the exact goals of the balancing?

Balancing, to put it bluntly, just means that you get equal bang for your buck, regardless of class combination one aspires to play.

To be more precise, this means that the creation of an equilibrium between each individual milieu of player, whereas a certain input1 begets certain output2 takes precedent over

For exmaple the D/W has a much lower output at the same input as the Ch/Wd. This is a microscopic analysis.

Healers before the general update had a much lower input for the same output (= viability in the highest instance) in comparison to other fractions like tanks or DPS. This is a macroscopic analysis.

To put it mathematically, one could theoretically take a coodinate system (CS) and assign said CS diametrically oppossite values on it's axes, whereas survivability vs. damage as well as selfishness vs. support form a pair.

One could then sort the classes into these quadrants. Looking at only one quadrant at a time to compare classes occupying those spaces is called microscopic analysis, while the look at the whole picture is called macroscopy.

1Anything that a character can equip, buff, use to make them stronger

2Approximated strength in accordance to one's input

1) Macroscopic view on balancing or: extremists win when there is no limit; generalizers win when there is one.

The whole name of this post, Bang for your Buck and the entire balance section revolve around the principle of x * y = z.

Your input (x) times the optimal class modifier3 (CM) for the role the combination may be viable in (y), begets the output of (z).

Let's assume the barrier of entry (BoE) for tanking is a survivability output of 0.6 while the BoE for DPS is 0.85. Any output below said values can be discarded as, just like the BoEntry suggests, invalid simply due to there being no place for it. (e.g. the Warrior/Priest can theoretically heal and wield heal gear but... yikes.)

As was established before, classes can be sorted in their respective corners – and soon we will find that the champion-combinations are dominantly seen in both the damage and survivability quadrants with the same type of gear equipped. This is a great source of anger, as the conversion of the champion in general secures the class a spot on both the survivability and damage axes – adding another calculation to our base that can be factorized.

Input * CM1 + Input * CM2 = Output

or

Input * (CM1 + CM2) = Output

The secondary multiplier breaks the base formula. It deviates to a point where no proper balance can ever exist, so long as the number of CMs isn't equal on all sets of gear, as an additional CMs will artificially increase the output and thereby push other types of equipment out of the market.

The Champion fits that description perfectly. It transforms the Input of Chain gear (1) into some of the Top DPS classes, as well as a very viable tanking options. The output will thereby always be greater than 1. This goes directly against the idea of balance and has to be remedied in order to restore other classes integrity.

Due to the inherent competetiveness within each role (except for supports and heals), combinations that do not exceed on any axis are not very useful to the raid, as they cannot compete with „pure“ classes. We econonomists call this „being stuck in the middle“; a position where you have nothing special to offer and thereby you are not picked.

A perfect example for this is the Rogue/Champion; a class that deals mediocore damage and has mediocore support – leading to the class never being played; even though it's damage is at least 5x higher than the Warrior/Priests and it's support is more than triple that of the Rogue/Scouts. This is why the „offtank“ isn't viable in Runes of magic, too.

The options to remedy these issues are plentiful, but they boil down to the core issue: The ceiling of usefulness of plate gear is too low in comparison to chain gear.

Plate gear limits you to being a tank, granted, a much better one than a chain-only tank, but just a tank nonetheless. The principle of minimality dictates that "just enough" already classifies for viability in terms of tanking. In order to keep the champions integrity intact but also push chain-wielders out of the tanking-sphere for the very endgame, a few options present themselves:

• Crank up the support of plate tanks to a point where said support significantly impacts the damage of the party.
    • Increase the BoE for tanking significantly, to a point where the additional defense from parry and the reduction from both shields and jewellry become a necessity to tank comfortably.
    • Grant viable DPS options to plate-wearers in plate gear and viable tanking options to leather-/ and cloth-wearers.

Some of these steps must be taken in order to even out the playing field.

3relative strength of a class; e.g. the CM of ch/m is higher than the CM of ch/wl

2) Microscopic view: Establishing a base line

The established factions (Tanks, Heals, Supports and DPS) are quite well balanced within themselves. You can basically play any combination you want right now – with some oddballs here and there that just don't work in the current meta.

There are some notable outliers though, as warlocks usually do not overperform to a point where it trivializes any other class as a DPS – but they bring so many other qualities to the table that they just overshadow many other damage classes. The same goes for the champion, where a tank might get the impression to be trivialized by a the class just pressing shield form. This is not good, as too much utility being brought to the table will inevitably force artificial dominance into a hypercompetetive market simply by way of efficiency.

Communication between the development team and the playerbase:

The community is filled to the brim with great ideas about all facets of the game; we all are evidence of this. Yet at times, the changes that are being made seem random, partially grabbed from thin air and most of all – poorly communicated.

Here is my main criticism: We do not have a balancing manifesto – and even though the team balances many things that they source from the community, the communication is rather poor about these things. The general playerbase has no idea what direction the development team is going to take next; leading to two things:

• an absolute flood of complaints at major changes, no matter if they're good for the health of the game or not (just look at the overall 30% nerf)
    • a wall of posts about literally any and all aspects of the game at all times; too much to comprehend and too much to work on.

One of the many roads to success companies can take is providing goods and services measured to their audience. This is why companies like MyMuesli or even Nike see such massive success.

The business-model of granting a platform to your customers to ask of you what they want to see will guarantee any companies survival so long as they are not outpaced. Since the only direct competition is the official servers, people would rather quit than go back.

To put that into perspective, the main reason why people are happy with the other servers, even though many aspects are so much worse than here, is simply that there's comfort in stability.

The patch 10.4.1.1000 broke the perception of stability on this server. People got mad over a patch that was supposed to be good for the health of the game - and rightfully so: There was little to no reason given as to why. Many players had the feeling of personal progession suddenly wiped away and the main reason why the endgame players were complaining disproportionately affected the players not getting easy access to their gear – which obviously made them angry.

It also doesn't matter if people were able to run the instance with just gorge gear and the past and it's still easier now – people feel cheated because they missed the window where things were easy(er) for everybody. Those that only run rofl by choice, profit or for fun now have the priviledge of not feeling like they're missing out.

These issues get elevated because the pure existance of a feedback thread creates the entitlement to change; frustrations may grow from there, as one may get the feeling of not being heard. This is worsened when you see other changes being pushed through almost verbatim; it doesn't matter whether your own change was objectively good or not in that regard either, as this is purely a subjective feeling. It makes people think that there is favortism being practiced where there (hopefully) isn't any.

Much of the anger simply comes down to human nature: We have a loss aversion bias – and when we feel like we're losing something, almost no positive change or rationalization can offset this.

This poisons further communications between the team and the community, causing many valuable players to disengage completely from the discussions or even calling for the removal of certain members of the balancing team.

And frankly spoken, radical changes that affect the entire playerbase and disgruntle a good part of them can't be good for the game's bottom line. I've not taken a marketing course in a couple years – but I know that annoyed customers don't like spending money.

Here is what needs to happen for so much of the anger to go away:

A regular update for the community on what is being worked on, a one pager thread that details what is being worked on. No changes to be announced, just a heads up on what to expect.

This would both focus the communities efforts and activate the passion, giving both the development team the opportunity to crowdsource and the

activate the already buzzing body of the community to show their passion.

The vast minority will be genuinely mad if new content isn't released on time for valid reasons (covid, data setbacks, loss of productivity, other difficulties or even mistakes in development) - but those reasons have to be communicated to prevent frustrations. The recent explanation about the delayed card system is living proof of that.

Community:

This is an open letter to the community. I know it's cheesy, but there are some big issues in the way that the facets of the community interact with each other. Long time players are often treating other, disagreeing opinions with much disrespect while newer players, well, simply quit the forum after a short amount of time.

The community is in parts insanely abrasive – simply because we don't give each other the benefit of the doubt. It is poisoning the conversation and denying everyone the chance to learn and try to get a new point of view; it creates the appearance of a disappointed teacher getting angry with their students – at least from the outside. When looking through it from further away though, the „credentials“ are arbitraty, the position of power that is assumed is nonexistant and the students are not consenting to even be lectured.

Nobody is happy here. The midgame isn't being properly represented as any viewpoint from them is being shut down, the endgame folks are annoyed that they „have to“ repeat their points over and over again. The dev team has to sift through a million posts about the same topic and probably want to gauge out their eyes. Nobody wins.

Please, do yourself the favour and try to be objective about these things. As much as you want to roast the newbie that thinks giving the warrior a 30% damage boost is a good idea, you do not want to destroy your own reputation – especially when you're actually nice to talk to in person or via voice chat. Neither do you want to kill off this servers offspring; they're a good part of the reason this server is alive and part of it's longevity.

No tier of weapon makes you better than anyone else. In the end we're all just sweaty gamers playing an 11 year old MMORPG. Stay humble and friendly. Shed the negativity. Getting mad means you're passionate, it's a good thing. Getting mad also lets people to make stupid mistakes. That is not a good thing.

I hope we can positively try and build a sense of community here – by dropping our pre-concieved notions about each other and just listening to the words. Let us cooperate. I know it sounds like hippie gibberish - but lets give it a try. The goal of basically everyone here is to improve the game one way or another. We should work together.

Also, I would like to thank Zyrex and Clarie for proofreading this!

Thank you for reading.

Have a blessed day,

Midan

I think the issue comes up with the fact that 1.5% sounds quite low, but you're not comparing "no reduction" vs "all + shield"; you're comparing "all" vs "all + shield" - which is a difference of the aforementioned 9,6%.
    It would turn a hit from 1.000.000 into 156.000 and from there into a 141.024 hit. That is no joke in terms of defense, especially if the goal is to just fix the aggro.

The class, as it is currently, has aggro as basically the only issue. It brings more support and sustain than any other tank out there and it easily reaches the neccessary defense - while also dealing about twice the damage of a regular tank. Fixing that issue would make the class textbook overpowered. :/

WlWd (tank)

I got a (serious) suggestion for the WlWd tank that should make it more viable. Since WlK and DK are able to wear shields and physical defense is almost useless for the WlWd tank, maybe the Willpower Construct can be changed to enable wearing shields on that class, while active. But this would compensate the missing aggro bonus (which is necessary for sustain aggro) and an additional dmg reduction (and also stamina for more hp). The def isn't important at this point.

You're talking about another 9% damage reduction and a literal fix to all issues here. Wouldn't that make the class a bit too broken? :D

I would really not like that. That ISS is really good for DPS Knights. Would suck if it got removed. :/

only with an agro and a spott add, but the other seggestions arent bad for dps knights. a stun like 0,5sec can be a solution too.

Ah, gotcha! I think something that works for both, like you suggested, a stun, would be great. The skill is very bland on its own.

Perhaps a small debuff that applies a debuff that causes a reduction of damage dealt by the enemy (not stacking with "Intimidate"/"Einschüchtern") would be a great alternative.

Have a blessed day,

Midan

I would really not like that. That ISS is really good for DPS Knights. Would suck if it got removed. :/

if people don't believe that it's possible now, I think the devs should sell analytics courses in the itemshop, just like, 7th grade math for building some logical comprehension.

Still. Lots of wardens that were only partially affected by the nerfs. Perhaps another video after their inevitable nerfs will have even more punch.

Thanks.

Have a blessed day,
    Midan

Currently, im checking different classes as tank, and i stumbled across warden/champ, which looked.. new. His kit (elite skills) looks like he's duo tanking with his pet (7/10 elite skills are about his pet + it has redicioulus stats lol) but the pet's aggro feels kinda low... or is it just me? In general, the idea of 2 tanks controlled by 1 sounds super challenging and fun.

His only spell, Punishment Bash, is an AoE-at-target spell which deals 753 damage; 4 sec cooldown. Did a test at the dummy with an old Inferno 2h hammer: pet did 60k crit with 1 spell, i did 870k crit with frantic. If i spam the normal champ spell "Heavy Bash" my pet !can! cast another Punishment Bash. Rate didnt seem too bad. But even tho i wait a bit to "let him tank", after 1 Frantic Briar i get the aggro back from all. Did i expect too much from it? Is the class' intention not to let the pet be the main tank and you be the second tank while controlling him? Is it only good for 1 out of 20 bosses (i.e. Heimdall, even tho i think it's aggro generation is way too low)? Is the base dmg of the spell simply too low to generate aggro? Any kind of info/idea or experience someone had with it is welcome!:/

The class was originally built around transferring aggro to your pet. This mechanic never worked as the aggro formula doesn't really allow it. Now, the aggro multi is a flat 75% (which is a bit boring, but okay) and you get a high amount of def. The aggro is also really, really good.

again thets what u think , and i l repeat as everyone say it go ahead and try it then tell us once u try u will know. just with thinking with logic if u got more magical , physical dmg and power you do more dmg so you need less time to do it... i m saying dont talk about something if u didnt try it now. also i did speak with few guild and with 1 guild thet done rofl within first guild who has done it and they also confirmed it took them 2+ hours untill they got few stats , gear from rofl... so its not just me saying it. and damage dealing people have no idea is true in some cases , but in cases thet is not true , what about it then... i l repeat go test it with people gorge gear and tell me how long it took u. btw again i l say this server is lacking players so if it requires more people to do inis its gna get even harder , and it should be done with 8-10 people gorge gear again cos there is not many people playing this game ...

The thing that Lutine is trying to say is that your sample size of 1 just isn't enough to properly judge balance. Currently the best way to run ROFL is with a batallion of supports - and the difference in the nerfs is literally about 10 minutes, maybe 15 to now and before.

Mathematically, as I have proven before, you deal about 5% more damage with gorge gear now than when people first started running the instance. It is easier now than it was before. It won't be comfortable (welcome to your entry into the endgame) but it will be easier than the first runners. Please stop getting personal about this. You're just wrong on this, there is no shame in having a misconception - only in holding it.

At the same time I would like to ask the endgame folks that get annoyed at the criticisms to take a breather for a moment. The conversation is starting to turn sour and toxic.

I don't think the conversation is toxic, on the contrary, in my opinion, there are a lot of constructive comments.

Some of the participants have been using increasingly demeaning language. This is a trend that is not constructive.

On the contrary, making the content really hard brings us back to times of the official server, where the barrier of entry to an instance was about 300€+.

Comparing the price of the red equipment from the highest instance to the price of HD equipment on the global server, I see a total gap here, so I cannot agree with this argument. In addition, it should be noted that the current stat prices are veeery low and the cores obtainable on instances are free and still worth a lot.

What I was saying was a pure hypothetical. If you make ROFL only for the top 5%, the BOE will be quite expensive. That is not an argument, that is just a factual statement.

This, together with the fact that many players dislike ROFL as an instance leads to the frustrations that have been bubbling to just come out now. It's not a good valve and does not make productive discussion.

I think gorge is liked much less.

Comparing which instance is more (or less liked) is completely missing the core point of the entire argument. The playerbase is tired of the current endgame.

Instead of "I don't like the nerfs it makes it so hard for midgame players" say

"The Event at boss three is boring and repetetive, people with lower gears sit around for much longer times now doing barely anything. The last boss also got exponentionally harder for weaker teams, as you need to play more phases - and with the disproportionate difficulty of the bull phase in comparison to the other puzzles"

We know Jerath is really boring and we say that on forum and in game many times, nothing has changed because of this so I don't see the point in presenting the same 80 times. The more that following this logic, it should be argued anyway. I remember our first astaroth, we dont burst him in 40 sec, we spended on this boss 20 min, with many tactics, with many bulls and with waiting for all buffs. In my opinion new players should do the same.

I am speaking from the perspective of someone else. This is not representative of my beliefs, hence the quotation marks. But this brings me to a pretty good point: Why should the playerbase stop with voicing their frustrations over and over again? It worked with players constantly complaining about chain equipment, the usability of which has been decreased; it worked with the voices telling the devs that the current endgame is too easy.

And honestly: I find it only fair to talk about what you, as a player and a customer are dissatisfied by, as the only other logical response to showing your dissatisfaction is to stop putting money into the game. The amount of words being typed about the game show how passionate parts of the community are about the game.

these nerfs disproportionately target midgame players when the main goal was to make the endgame more challenging."

That is why we should add new mode or add option from RT that is "silver, gold,etc"

This is why, from level 60 on, multiple variations of the endgame instances have been put into the game. I fully support this. I think the majority of players support this; and if not for ROFL then they may for the next instance.

...text...lutine go waste your diamonds and try rofl with gorge gear... text......

Why you ppl always crying [...]

So please, STOP crying. [...]

People are mad because the changes feel unfair to them; the crying is an unfocussed but legitimate criticism on the way that endgame content has been handled, as with the nature of the game, whereas the content had to be too easy to fit on the average player which neglected the high-end folks.

On the contrary, making the content really hard brings us back to times of the official server, where the barrier of entry to an instance was about 300€+.

This, together with the fact that many players dislike ROFL as an instance leads to the frustrations that have been bubbling to just come out now. It's not a good valve and does not make productive discussion.

Voice your frustrations more productively. Say exactly what you mean to say, don't beat around the bush.
    Instead of "I don't like the nerfs it makes it so hard for midgame players" say
    "The Event at boss three is boring and repetetive, people with lower gears sit around for much longer times now doing barely anything. The last boss also got exponentionally harder for weaker teams, as you need to play more phases - and with the disproportionate difficulty of the bull phase in comparison to the other puzzles, these nerfs disproportionately target midgame players when the main goal was to make the endgame more challenging."

Takes more work, but being understood isn't easy. Don't assume you're on the same page, ever. This is how misunderstandings happen.

At the same time I would like to ask the endgame folks that get annoyed at the criticisms to take a breather for a moment. The conversation is starting to turn sour and toxic.

Have a blessed day,
    Midan

Clearing ROFL at the release was harder than it is now after the nerf. This is caused by:

• The growth in defense/requirements of ROFL was smaller than the growth of player strength through buffs and higher gear
    • On average, the players DPS has grown by about 87,8% natively (funky calculation, but within standard deviation of byte's 90% figure, so it checks out for the sake of argument)
    • This does account for golden gear. Without Golden sets, the DPS increase is approximately 67%.
    • ROFL was buffed by about 10% since release.

The statistic of 30% less damage in ROFL is quite misleading, as one already had a 0.27 multiplier in damage for ROFL. This multiplier got cut by 30% with the overall changes.

0.27 * (1-0.3) = 0.189
    -> Results in a new, effective 18,9% mutliplier for damage in rofl.

On an example: Lets assume we have a character that deals 1.000.000 Damage per hit PRE BALANCING in the overworld.

We assume that everyone pre balancing had red gorge gear.

After one year, that character would deal...

PRE BALANCING MULTIPLIER TURNS OUT TO BE
    OW 1.000.000 100% 1.000.000
    ROFL 1.000.000 27% 270.000
    PRE NERF
    OW 1.000.000 167% 1.670.000
    ROFL 1.000.000 167%*27%*90% 405.810
    ROFLGold 1.000.000 187,8%*27%*90% 456.354
    POST NERF
    OW 1.000.000 167%1*70% 1.169.000
    ROFL 1.000.000 167%1*18,9%*90% 284.067
    ROFLGold 1.000.000 187,8%1*18,9%*90% 319.447

OW= Overworld

1figure ignores the most recent changes to singular classes for the sake of demonstration

Therefore we can conclude that since 284.067 / 270.000 = 1,0521 is larger than |1|, the damage has increased by 0,0521 or 5,21% even post nerf in ROFL.

In the overworld, this increase in damage is dramatized to up to 16.9%.

Nerfs still feel bad though. I get that you're annoyed by this, but ROFL was too easy to deal damage in. The instance isn't as fun as it should be though, as some of the bosses feel like a chore rather than having fun in a game.

We need a system that gives us a focussed grind. Right now it feels very bad, as you run in circles doing basically nothing for hours on end to get +50 pAtk. I already proposed it, but here again:

-> Bring in a booster pack system
    -> Buy it with phirius shells

-> Open it to get 3-5 random cards

-> Disenchant bad cards/duplicates

-> Reroll the cards you actually need

After a while you can start filling out the remaining cards with grinding the specific monsters to speed up the process. Boss/Instance cards should not be in that booster pack system.

Keep in mind that the minigames you do are a daily thing and need to be reset - this would also strengthen the VIP-Benefits, as currently many of the rewards are... useless.

The card system is a big breath of fresh air that I really like. It currently takes a very long time to get proper cards with little reward; one of my guild mates spent 5 hours on getting a card that was useable that ended up being a net-gain of 50 pAtk. I like that it is a good way to revive dead content without changing it too much. To keep in line with that but also make it more user friendly, here is what I would do:

• lower the variance of stats to +-10% of the median (from 20 to 50 would then be 31,5 to 38,5 pAtk)
    • designate different cards for different stats (so that one may hold the correct cards for each role to fill simultaneously. e.g. Faries = Wisdom, Creatures = Tank, Demons = Mage... stuff like that!)
    • introduce "booster packs" as a purchaseable reward that one may buy for phirius shells/coins to both revive dead content (minigames) and lessen the indiscriminatory grind. (Do NOT put boss cards into these! :D)

If you play with a swap from "Verteidigungshaltung" ID 498031 / get 54% pdeff) to "Schild der Disziplin" ID 490084 ( get 10% pdeff but the buff of SdD) every time, you will be more tanky then a k/r oder what ever...

also in my opinion k/c has so weak eliteskills...

Generally speaking, the eliteskills are "weak" because the general kit of the /champion is quite strong. You are missing the most cruical part of that class, the ability to pull everything together then stunnung with a massive aggro multi by using Erderschütterungsangriff/Shock Strike and use whirlwind shield to basically not lose aggro, ever. This alone, paired with the multi-application of Rüstungsbrecher/Armour Crusher on bosses during their active phases makes the class an excellent tank for ROFL. Also keep in mind that many of your aggro skills are boosted by 45% simply by equipping a hammer.

Survival isn't really the issue for ROFL as a tank, you can basically do the instance with just "ok" red gear - it's more the amount of utility in form of crowd control and support you can bring to the table that matters. If you have a tank class that can make no one die ever in the trash, you speed up the run more than when you, as a tank, take literally zero damage.

It's all speculation for now, but the card system should be a bit like the cenedril system - where you can easily swap which cards you want active (or perhaps even automatically change it) so that you can have multiple sets for each class you want to play - or the "buffs" need to be small or generic enough to fit into all builds.

Some games like League of Legends or Path of Exile have a system of adaptive stats, whereas the rest of your build decides that other boost, too. Maybe something like that would be perfect...?

I'm definitely very excited about the upcoming patch and once the server is back up, I'll be super happy looking into the system more :D

The wiki is online. Sadly you need to choose which attributes you want on the cards :/

Hey, I was just spitballing. :P I hope for a system whereas you can easily switch, perhaps read in multiple copies of a card but always only get one bonus.. :D

It's all speculation for now, but the card system should be a bit like the cenedril system - where you can easily swap which cards you want active (or perhaps even automatically change it) so that you can have multiple sets for each class you want to play - or the "buffs" need to be small or generic enough to fit into all builds.

Some games like League of Legends or Path of Exile have a system of adaptive stats, whereas the rest of your build decides that other boost, too. Maybe something like that would be perfect...?

I'm definitely very excited about the upcoming patch and once the server is back up, I'll be super happy looking into the system more :D

afaik rofl has been buffed significantly since, or am I wrong?