Posts by Merkur

Ofc not, it was just an example, as I said.

Why do we need an example that doesn't work?

The point was not about the "mage" example itself, but about the change of core mechanics: Mages are stationary casters and Scouts can run around, but loose life in return. That is default class design. If you remove one of these pillars (the loss of life for example, or the stationary cast), the construct of the class will break down.

The basic mechanic is that the scout shoots a bow/crossbow and this remains the same. Scout/champion uses a pistol, yes! a new type of weapon was introduced, a pistol, in addition, this character has a different type of blood arrow and somehow it did not destroy either the balance or the scout.

I just want your gameplay as a scout to depend on you and your skills, not the heal and his skills.

Using the skill ingame doesn't hurt the player if you have a heal in your party.

Changing the skill mechanic will hurt the game, because this is one of the key factors of a scout.

Even if you are right, it will not be the first change of its kind. In addition, I don't want to remove the blood arrow mechanic but change it. I want it to be fairer, more logical and more enjoyable.

If you remove one of these pillars (the loss of life for example, or the stationary cast), the construct of the class will break down.

This is not true, the loss of life is denied by the other heal. However, the fact that your character's movement interrupts the casting (as far as I know) is not negated by another heal. So these things cannot be compared.

Zyrex Correct me if I am wrong.

I'd like to appeal to the devs. I know balance is a difficult topic and it is not easy. I know it was a bit too long for you and we all wanted to finish the balance a long time ago, but that doesn't change the fact that it started and what started should be finished.

Postponing the balance in time will not make it repair itself, it will only worsen the mood among players who object to it. I myself have many objections to rogues and you remain deaf, as to the suggestions of many of us, including mage's, I am not just talking about leather.

I know you are focusing on other things and I am glad that you are developing Arcadia. However, as a player who wants to do DPS, you improve the card system, which will give me 1-2% DPS, but at the same time the core of the game, class balance, makes me lose 10% of this DPS (the numbers are symbolic).

Please, before you finish what you are doing, go back to the balance and complete it. I know balance is an endless story, but I'm convinced it can look a lot better than it is today.

Please do not release a new instance until you have completed your balance on the current endgame. Throughout the content of the rofl, players' equipment was of secondary importance, more important was the balance. please don't make that mistake again.

I appeal once again!

Go back to the topic of balance and share your planned changes with us.

I do not say that changing the blood arrow is the most important thing in the world, but I have the right to comment on this, and the devs will change it in time if they decide to change it.

But I don't understand ... In one moment you say that blood arrow does not matter because any heal can heal it without a problem, and in a moment you say that changing this mechanics will turn the balance upside down. It may be my mistake, but I see a lack of consistency here.

I also don't think this change can be compared with the fact that the mage will be able to cast spells on the run. Because in the case of a mage, his dmg on the ini will increase significantly, especially on quick runs, and in the case of changing the blood arrow, it will only improve the comfort of playing and the damage will only (probably) on the jerath.

I wish classes would not remain closed to their fanatics. I propose to end the discussion about blood arrow, there are more important things, this is just my suggestion, which has already been discussed. And devs, if they decide to do something, will do it their own way.

Regards

This blood arrow discussion really amuses me :D I got a solution for all the scouts complaining about its core-mechanic that is in the game since 2008. My solution is working for 100% and solving all your problems at once. You will never have any further issues with the blood arrow or spend any further nerves on this topic. Don't play scout.

I'm afraid this system hasn't existed in its present form since 2008, and just because something has been around for so long doesn't mean it's good. This is what the whole thread of class rebalance is for.

Really? Do you enjoy it? The fact that someone does not like something and tries to change it for the better and can justify it? Does it enjoy you? This is probably one of the weakest posts I have read here.

"You don't like some mechanics, don't change it, don't try to do anything, don't play it", golden advice, thank you. I hope when I can remind you of her.

Regarding to Blood Arrow

It is intended that the Scout as a range dps class, that can avoid most of the trash damage simply by the range of its attacks, get's a punishment for increasing its dmg, so for me no further talking is needed about the bloodarrow.

You can argue that for melee classes that have a blood arrow, the bleeding effect is not rlly necessary, because in the end the dmg boost from blood arrow is already considered in the balancing

Mage again: D

But don't mages beat from afar? Do they have a blood arrow assigned to them? No (except in individual combinations).

If we want to equalize the received damage, scouts in relation to the rogues, this will increase the damage received, so that he has to keep his distance.

There is very little reaction and words from the creators of the balance. It would be much better for everyone if they got active here.

EDIT:
    Additionally, I would like to ask you to share the planned changes with players. I think it was a very good thing, I have refreshed the page many times myself to look for new news. Please come back to that.

Now we are talking :)

Straightening my "add bloody for mage", I did not like that someone who scout does not want to play and has no problem with blood wrote "blood arrow is okey". But let's put that aside, let's get back to the talk.

If you ask what frustrates me is balance, just balance, I used to be frustrated by the balance of rogues, now I am frustrated by the balance of mages, so in the topic of balance, thinking that mages are too strong (they are not op, but are noticeably stronger) I mention in my statements for magicians. I don't think it's a bad thing.

About maths. I do not have cloth so my information may be incomplete, in the first post on this topic I marked it: "please correct me if I am wrong".

Referring directly to your calculations...

I checked my post quickly. I did not list the heal, tank, support or dps separately, but I was talking about the rational possibilities of playing, so I also counted tanks and heals for this calculation. As for the rogues, I counted the r/k.

According to my calculations, the clothes look like this:

Warrior - 1 (w/m)

Scout - 2 (s/w s/wrl)

Rogue - 0

Mage - 9

Priest - 1? (im not sure p/s?)

Knight - 1 (k/m)

Warden - 1 (wd/d)

Druid - 3 (im not sure too, d/r d/m d/wrl)

Warlock - 8

That is my "26", If I made a mistake correct me.

Okay, I never said chain could play the rogue/warden so I say it. Chain can play the rogue/warden, it's a scandal. Although here the leather looks better (not like a scout/mage). I am not able to believe that on leather eq (4 dex, 2 str) you can make the same dmg as on chain eq (5 str + sta/str), and if it is possible it is a matrix error and it should be changed.

As for m/s, of course it is important, because if the player has the strongest combination, you can turn a blind eye to additional problems such as blood arrow. Besides, how many scouts do you see? I am few. I think there is a reason why the rogue class is much more popular than the scout on the leather eq.

Edit:

All this, taking into account the chain eq, confirms my belief that the rogue's needs rebuilding and some information from the developers would be useful here.

It makes me very sad that when I say anything about mage, a storm breaks out and attacks are going towards me, that I don't like mage to get away from them. It's very sad.

To answer once, the world is black and white, it's not that there are mages and those who don't like mage's, there are shades of gray in the world. You can follow my posts and find posts in which I commented on too much power of the rogue's combinations, I remember the topics r/wd, r/w, r/ch. I do not remember that in those days anyone wrote that I do not like rogues.

I would very much like the discussion here to be more factual and not boil down to arguments that someone does not like someone. Since a few people (including mages) have written that such a mage/scout is the most powerful/one of the most powerful mages, shouldn't some information follow? For example "nerf mage/scout" or "boost another, weaker mage"? After all, the idea of balance was that everyone could play what they liked and beat comparably.

And you play with this mage because he has a blood arrow and it's great and you love it? Are you playing a mage who has a blood arrow because he is the most powerful mage?

I don't understand this sudden huge effort to change blood arrow. Many classes have it (not only main scouts) and there are other bleeds in the game. Not a disadvantage in any raid.

Blood arrow is just something you need to get used to. It's good as it is. I can see how putting trust in other people might be hard for other people. Champions have a mini-blood arrow mechanic, warrior/champ uses it's own life to attack and the above mentioned classes have a bleed. They don't need a rework either.

In my opinion, the idea of where you lose your life when you perform a specific activity is much more honest than the idea that you are losing your life standing

Blood Arow is good as it is, if you want to try solo whit scouts , try s/ch :)

I would prefer a situation where most combinations don't have a blood arrow and one s/ch has it.

Referring to the fact that some chain or cloth classes have a blood arrow. I would like to note that there is a difference when you have 26/27 classes to choose from and 3-4 have a Blood Arrow and a situation where you have 17 classes and 8 have a Blood Arrow.

Perhaps I do not have knowledge as far as you are. However, I remember times when it was not such a difficulty. I also think that the number of people not playing with blood arrow calls may indicate that this is not a well-liked system.

Managing Blood Arrow-type abilities should be a skill that a player develops when playing a class. At least you have to look at the screen when playing the game with a class that uses this skill.

And that's the definition of a scout? Thanks but no.

Maybe let's add a blood arrow to all mages? Let them upgrade their skills.

I totally don't like the idea of my character being attached and addicted to the heal. It doesn't matter how strong the heal is.

Perhaps I do not have knowledge as far as you are. However, I remember times when it was not such a difficulty. I also think that the number of people not playing with blood arrow calls may indicate that this is not a well-liked system.

I you nerf classes to same level and need 5-6 hours again it will let the prices for goldengear explode again. if the ini is so much harder to clear again people cant run it random. I still think its better to boost classes on same level and create a new customini that is hard to clear on that level. Much harder than rofl. im not afraid of teamplay in guild but in randomparties and its not fair to make rofl so strong again. people could already farm the goldengear easier than people who doing it after classes get nerfed then. makes no sense. everyone of the hardmode inis like dl or hos were easier to clear than the other custominis thats not so bad too. they sometimes added hard inis and they sometimes added easy inis. But i think there is one point what you think about too. its hard to make dias with a high end guild if anyone can clear this ini easy. you cant make a lot of dias then cause ppl can easy undersell. i can understand too if you want a challenge but we should wait for the next customini. i think it will be hard to clear like rofl again.

I see that you totally misunderstood me.

Since the previous post was long and on a slightly different topic, let me make a new post.

I would like to raise the issue of the blood arrow. A blood arrow is an inseparable element of every scout. I know a lot of people who hate this idea, and I hate it myself. I'd love to play a scout, but all I need is a moment of communing with the blood arrow and I immediately change the class.

This is due to the fact that the blood arrow significantly disrupts the gameplay and makes you addicted to heal, and these can be better and worse. The problem is especially when dealing with a weak heal at random. This can lead to frustration.

I haven't played a scout much for the above-mentioned reasons so if I'm wrong correct me.

The blood arrow used to be a 30-second boost every 5 minutes and then perhaps in this form it was quite acceptable. Due to the balance, where the scouts was too weak, it was decided to leave them blood arrow damage all the time so that they could match the others. In my opinion, a cardinal mistake has been made here. Since it went back, on which you ran for 10% of the gameplay, it was extended to 100%, the resulting dot should be adjusted.

Please adjust the blood arrow in such a way that it does not have such an unpleasant effect on the gameplay. I will not throw ideas here because we have several classes with a blood arrow that works much better. For example, the idea that the blood arrow does not inflict damage but increases the received.

It makes the most sense. What is the idea of a blood arrow about? Scout sprinkles blood on his arrows before firing a shot? It's stupid, the more that you don't get damage when you shoot. For me, the idea that a scout hits from a distance and takes more damage when he gets too close to monsters is the most logical option.

I insist once again, adjust the blood arrow system <3

Friend, through almost the entire balance, except for single episodes, everyone has always played the strongest class available. Due to the fact that the balance was often so crazy that if you did not play the strongest class, people with much worse eq on the strongest class would massacre you in dps.

You said before that you have to boost classes, not nerf them. Now it turns out that you are presenting my old idea to bring all classes down to the level of one chosen one. R/ch is a good example here because he has a great single dmg and aoe dmg. I will surprise you, however, r/ch is not the strongest class in the game, I think that it is far from that and you have to nerf something here anyway.

That people lose dias after nerfs. So, for example, they make a gun for scout, then there are nerfs and they lose dias because these nerfs are too far advanced. We have many classes that are either too strong or too weak. The fact that someone is not playing with the class in which they have invested diasy is due to the fact that this class has been nerfed too much and it is not profitable to play it OR it has bad gameplay and only the fact that it was op made people want to play it. I myself know my guild mates who hate the idea of blood arrow and they played on r/s because he was doing the slaughter on the battlefield.

I do not know what the idea of randoms on the rofl and golden cores has to do with it. My guess is that the classes aren't very strong, so don't be afraid of too much team power. I will comment on it like this:

The first rofl runes from my guild took 5-6 hours, today it's going to be done in 40 minutes. Secondly, the outgoing damage has already been lowered several times because too much power was added to the classes due to the balance.

Here is just my opinion

You are partly right that it is not entirely important what scheme is choose, they are better and worse. The biggest problem, however, is that these classes are not tested and observed. Nobody will tell me that it is very different, just look at how powerful classes appeared and how many seasons for each class have been. Perhaps it is a carelessness on the part of developers, perhaps it is a bit overwhelmed by their task, or maybe it is simply profitable for them. Just initiate some classes op season and give her a unique weapon, and then count the diases. I am not making accusations here, I am only commenting on what options I see.

Anyway, there is nothing to discuss here because the developers will not move away from their idea of balancing.

The key to balance is weakening too strong combinations, boosting too weak classes, and nerfing them if you boost them too much. Additionally, in my opinion, the most frustrating thing is that once the op classes are there it allows them to be the strongest for too long, the nerfs should be coming much, much faster.

It's a difference "play strongest classes" vs "play strongest class". Idea where we will boost only it's bad because if we will boost one combination too hard, then we should boost rest of class, then we will have x% to create another too strong class. It's much easier try nerf one class than boost all classes. If we will boost sth too hard, then try boost another classes to the same lvl we will create new op class, then we will boost rest of class, will get next op class, then boost rest of classes, will get new op class..... ... ....

That is the worst idea for balance, we have been dealing with this idea for some time. -1 from me.

I got an idea to dont make ppl mad if you balancing classes. Only buff classes dont nerf classes. you nerfed a lot and we got enough nerfes. so only buff classes till they do similar dmg like the best classes atm. thats all ppl only will get happy and not mad. &)

That is bad idea, if we got too strong class, we shouldn't boost all classes, we should nerf one class who is too strong. Because if we will only boost all then our power will raise, raise and raise.

Glad to see new hoto stats have been added, cloth and chain will get a lot from it, unfortunately the rogues will be a lot in the back. Was it provided by the developers? Are you planning to make some rogue patt a bit? Maybe some ISS? Or maybe (here is a big request from me) with a new ini you will change the rogue in such a way that it is based only on dex? I don't know which solution is better, but I think something needs to be done here.

However, if the rogue is really going to be rebuilt, please be fair to the players and let us know in advance.

By the way, I would like to ask you again, are you planning to allow the rogues to play in additional classes and will r/k be able to do a good dmg?

There are big changes expected about Monster Cards, including a lot of feedback given. They may come released in 2-3 weeks.

Greetings

That is great news!

I would like to renew my old proposal.

What do you think about the bonus for completing cards from the entire zone?

For example, a 5% bonus to all card attributes in this zone?

I don't hate mage mate.

I just don't understand why, with the same number of base classes, they have so many more options. Not only that, I am not saying to take them away, I am saying to add option for leather gear. Maybe create classes like s/m? For two eq (leather+cloth).

As for balance, and I think the magic version of the s/m class is stronger than the physical one, is that hate?

As for m/s, I just wrote that in my opinion it is too strong on slow runs, I did not even write that OVERALL is too strong. Or that mages are too strong and nerf mages. I do not see any hate here, if you see it, please prove it to me or apologize to me for wrongful accusations.

Finally, I would like to add that bringing someone's relatively large feedback to one sentence "you hate magicians" is not very professional, sad and doesn't encourage speaking to the forum.

I spent a lot of hours improving the cards, every time I had to do it and drink hot tea. I was about to not write anymore, but found that it cannot be kept as it is and some changes need to be made.

1) There are still way too many stones, I use them exactly: 17

2) Too much rng

3) For the 100th time I repeat, RNG completely kills the pleasure of upgrading cards, once again I beg you, change the general idea

4)Too much rng

5) Add options to swap cards from the bag to the bestary

6) Too much rng

7) The idea that stones get more expensive when you buy and the idea of renovating your store is a misunderstanding, give it up, it doesn't make sense anyway. Set a permanent price and that's it, nothing else is needed

8) Too much rng

9) I think that the stones that are too big orange are way too expensive, for the amount we need for this *** rng the price is cosmic. Sometimes I even need 15 stones to get one stat to get 70% of the maximum value

10) Too much rng

11) In the bestary, I miss the "Show upgradeable cards" option. I mean, we have the "show all cards" option, but I miss the same option except ancient cards

12) Too much rng

13) My deviation will appear here, but I miss the option to change the order of stats, e.g. I would like to have stats in the order Patt, str, dex, sta. And sometimes because RNG !!! will give me a good stat, not when I need it with 300 cards, it becomes too unreadable for me

14) Too much rng

15) I found information on the forum that cards from mirrors were to appear, is it known when we can expect it?

16) Too much rng

17) Please start adding more zones slowly, especially the Mill in Logar: D

18) Too much rng

19) I have some cards from the zone that is under the new system and I can't upgrade them, here is ID: 777089, 777043, 777049, 777048, 777047 (SOL, SI, etc)

20) Too much rng

21) The withdrawal from high values in the cards had a very demotivating effect on me

22) Too Much RNG !!!!

To sum up everything in retrospect, this is a great system in general that needs a bit of upgrade, but whose magic is killed by RNG. Please do something about it because my nerves aren't doing very well.

In addition, I would like to make a more serious point.

I have always felt that I have few options on leather equipment. I was hoping that the class balance would change a lot, then came a patch adding elites for a so far unique combination (s/wrl etc.). Unfortunately, it did not change much, or even deepened the feeling.

Today I sat down to it, wrote down all the connections and if I haven't made a mistake somewhere, everything looks like this:

Leather: 17 options

Chain: 27 options

Mage: 26 options

And I must admit that it amazed me. As far as I understand that chain eq has many options (basically 3 classes). I totally don't understand why mages with 2 base classes (same as on leather eq) have 9 more options than me.

Both me and my guild mates (rogues) feel very discriminated against by this fact. We do not understand why such s/wrl became a magician, why the magician got access to s/m.

We would love to have a choice like magicians. I would like to play on my leather gear (I'm talking about rational playing) a warrior, druid, mage !!!, champion or warden.

I am asking the administration for feedback on this matter because I consider it shameful.

Perhaps Lutine is right to write:

CoA - Cloth of Arcadia