Classes balance / rework

• Mage/Rogue
    [BALANCE]
    Flame - Add Dark damage to Flame. Bc Buffs from Dark damage are useless on this Classcombo because all skills for Dark Damage (Cursed Fangs, Kiss of The Vampire) are like Fireball from General Mage skills.

Knight/Warrior
    [BALANCE]
    Authoritative Deterrence - Give back 10 sec of this skill. This 3s "buff" is useless because all of your partymembers can max use 1-2 skills on this time of buff.
    Disarmament - Add for it Aggro modifier. This is one of skills which deal 100% PHYSICAL DAMAGE (Not like others skills of knight) so tanking magic-damage-immune mobs/bosses will be easier, finally scouts(Yes scouts with 2 runes for -aggro and -aggro buffs. This is funny that they can make bigger aggro than tank.) can deal Damage normally, not waiting until your aggro will be high.
    Full Moon Cleave (AoE ISS from DL/ZS) - Same as Disarmament.

• Seems reasonable i also strongly agree on k/w, also wrd/war should be good after 3rd boss im sure it is no one tries tho that ive seen, and m/r thing sounds interesting

• So fixing/reworking...etc this classcombos should be add more classes useful on Tikal or on new instance. Its sick to clean whole instance with Tank, scouts(only scouts), debuffer and M/W or Wrl/Ch + heal. You forgot about other classes? Like Rogue ? Warden? Maybe remove all gear from tikal drop and add only Scout, Mage, Heal and Tank (Chain bc plate armor suck comparying with CL gear)

• So fixing/reworking...etc this classcombos should be add more classes useful on Tikal or on new instance. Its sick to clean whole instance with Tank, scouts(only scouts), debuffer and M/W or Wrl/Ch + heal. You forgot about other classes? Like Rogue ? Warden? Maybe remove all gear from tikal drop and add only Scout, Mage, Heal and Tank (Chain bc plate armor suck comparying with CL gear)

Your wrong here about the scouts. Since they nerfed Scouts, there are classes that will now do way more damage than a scout. For instance R/M, W/M (since the last maintenance) .

Your wrong here about the scouts. Since they nerfed Scouts, there are classes that will now do way more damage than a scout. For instance R/M, W/M (since the last maintenance) .

R/M ? 3rd boss - immune for Enchanted Throw , Pre-Last boss -> you must be without Illusion Blade Dance or may you kill little spiders.
    W/M? From 1st boss to 3 he is useless.

We tested ALL classes, and still scout is 1st on scrutinizer. ALWAYS.
    Back to Ch3 - RT only for Scouts.

• Your wrong here about the scouts. Since they nerfed Scouts, there are classes that will now do way more damage than a scout. For instance R/M, W/M (since the last maintenance) .

R/M ? 3rd boss - immune for Enchanted Throw , Pre-Last boss -> you must be without Illusion Blade Dance or may you kill little spiders.
    W/M? From 1st boss to 3 he is useless.

We tested ALL classes, and still scout is 1st on scrutinizer. ALWAYS.
    Back to Ch3 - RT only for Scouts.

For 1st boss the top dmg is c/r tank that is gearing to make damage while tanking.

Why does everyone think that only range dps can play 2nd boss? The problem is that most tanks dont understand the tactics for this boss and they want to go AFK or they are just straight up lazy meaning that you cant melee this fight and have no choice but to play range for this one. R/m. w/wd, w/s, c/r and most likely now w/m can beat scout on 2nd boss fight :thumbup:

3rd boss again w/wd w/s c/r can out do scout easily just most people stick with scout because he was king for so long.
    then after 3rd w/m and r/m will put scout in the dust most of the times with the exception of r/m having to watch the IBD on Ixchel and position right so they dont slaughter the mini spiders.
    I know for sure that a DPS c/r can out do scout on 5th and probably last boss also and you are forgetting that w/wd and w/s do really decent dmg too.

• Maybe you're right. Maybe not. But this thread is not about Tikal classes. Its about fix other combos. For e.g. i played here when I start as WD/W until HoS was reworked/destroyed (pick one). From this time and for today I can only dream about playing Wd/W on Tikal and be good as other partymembers.
    And when I said clean WHOLE instance I mean to not swap after other bosses. But it still on tikal "tactics"

• Yes.

For E.g. fullbuffed champion have... about 700-800k patk. So with debuffer you probably can broke boss defence.
    As Mage/Warrior when you have 1kk matk (with swap gear) you can broke boss defence too. (Tested. More matk dont give you more dmg, only damage food make your dps stronger)
    So if I have 1,3kk patk on Wd/W when summoning my Oak Walker he too will have 1,3kk patk. So he should too broke boss defence. But he is making... about 10% of all dps. He should make dps same as Warden.

I will post lately movie with compare DPS with and without pet on other ini, like on Tikal

• Hmm wrd/war is hard to play its almost impossible to optimize best burn without diyce so if your doing manual or with bad diyce might be the problem

• UPDATE:
    I edited 1st post about warden.
    Everything works on him fine, but still need fix this one skill.
    Here you have DPS from 3rd boss to last boss

Pretty good but still on 2nd boss pet die instantly (1st post)

Bugs added to new thread.

• Dear Byte and rest of the team,

Since in the history of RoM, class balance generally is bunch of nerfs, may I suggest to buff classes instead! I know see a nice variety of classes in game that are really solid end game, rogues, champs, scouts, w/m, m/w, etc. Some are better single damage, some better on mobs with aoes, some reasonably solid with both. I really hope you will give extra buff to some less popular classes to increase variety even more, but please no nerfs. The nerfs are generally so difficult to take especially if its your class you enjoy playing and spend a lot of time making it work.

Just be considerate :)

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Rakot

• first: this Post has nothing to do with this bug, please move it in an extra topic.

But nevertheless I need to say, that a BALANCING can be made in two ways. getting all classes up to the champion or getting all classes down to the maybe priest/warrior? damage dealer.

Whatever will be choosen, every class has nearly the same power like an other class, regardless of whether a push of all or a nerf of all.

I would prefer a nerf of all instead of pushing all up to the champion, because a champion can do everything except healing

• I know its hard to read sometimes, so in response to: "The classes needs a balancing and no more pushes for one class."

I will repeat what I said: "Please note what I described can be similarly applied to all magic classes and likely healers as well." Please also note I ask a question and was not proposing a change.

I will also point out that your aggressive attitude against champ is absolutely no warranted, different classes serve different purposes, and as I mentioned before, right now classes are as balanced as they ever were with many options.

I will repeat the point of my original post is not start this flame, I just honestly wondering if Devs can comment if this is intended or not, and if it is then I am fine with it, if not, would be awesome to fix. Thanks!

• Accusing of aggressive attutide against champs and implying that he cannot read properly sounds somewhat paradox.

nd see if this is something that you may consider changing/implementing

This is not proposing a change? What is this if not?! Why even open this topic if you dont want any changes made?! :/

right now classes are as balanced as they ever were with many options

This is an obvious self-serving lie. Still with RoFL champions deal overall (!) about 50% more dmg than any other dps class, considering players with equal skill and gear. And while they do, they still are able to tank any mobs and bosses in RoFL, which no other dps class can do this easily. Where is this well balanced?

Why would there be a need for a big balancing patch, if "classes were as balanced as they ever were? :)

Looking for answers to my questions.;)

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• As a follow up to my previous post and to comment more on what Lutine mentioned about champs

Champs do best in terms of area damage, and based on that people assume how op champs are.

Are champs top burst dps - no, scouts, wds for example do way more;

are champs best dps long fights - no w/m wins hands down

are champs king of trash mobs - yes they are

can champ tank in dps gear - if answer is yes (some bosses die fast) - same is true with wd/w I can give 100%

Based on the above, ofc my opinion, champs are not kings of all hands down, which is exactly what some ppl think.

See, a lot of misconceptions in my opinion, yet ppl keep crying for nerf, I really don't understand it, it was warranted to some extent on scouts during inferno, but even then I really did not like it and I mention reputedly, don't nerf, buff weaker classes - add more variety!

Cheers,

Rakot

• champions deal overall (!) about 50% more dmg

Note the "overall". This includes the obvious fact that different classes are strong in different situations, which you unnecessarily pointed out. Yet my statement still stands.

Still waiting for answers to my questions, otherwise I see no reason to take your posts regarding this topic seriously. :S

Thanks in advance!:thumbup:

• if I can share my invaluable (due to not having run RoFL before) opinion here:

TL;DR: I agree with Melodic on the fact that Ch/R is horrendously imbalanced.

While yes, Wd/W can tank in dps gear, Wd/W doesn't get the HP Ch/R gets, aswell as 50% free permanent patk.

Wd/W is an amazing burst class and can tank anything for 20 seconds, Ch/R can just keep it up forever.

Rune Pulse consumes no resource whatsoever, hits like truck and only suffers a little from RNG from Attacks.

And whilst doing that, they also do permanent (!) Area of Effect damage, and not low damage at that.

if I may compare it to a different yet somewhat similar class in terms of skills, K/M, Ch/R is just off the charts.

K/M gets no burst/perma matk buffs and K/M's Holy Light Domain dmg barely does 1/3rd of the damage Rune Overload does with similar gear sets in low inis, never mind about higher ones.

Obviously I'm comparing magical to physical dps here, but in other aspects K/M and Ch/R are quite similar.

Life is an enigma, and all we can do is our best to figure out what it means.

• if I can share my invaluable (due to not having run RoFL before) opinion here

No opinion is invaluable in any kind if it is well founded. Not having run RoFL does not matter at all, since these observations can be made throughout the entire game. ;)

Edit: *founded, not fundend, hilarious typo ^^

• I respect your opinion Orgnix but I don't agree with it, I don't think champ is as strong as you think it is. I don't think its productive for me to continue on this subject, I will refrain from posting regarding it, I think I listed my reasonings above.

I would still appreciate if Devs could comment on my question re the accessories, is it intended the way it is or maybe not, was the only reason I posted above.

Kind regards,

Rakot

• Scouts do best burst dps? :D Look Mage/Warrior.... check dingle dps on b3 in ROFL of a Mage/Warrior and a scout

Champs CAN easily tank in a dps gear, every boss in RoFL

And because of this OP champ (dps + tank), the classes don't need a buff to reach the champ (scout or mage should be able to tank all mobs and bosses??? that would be a balance if pushing them btw). The game need to balance some classes (even scout) down to some special classes. The wish of the rework of the set bonus system would be a way of a push (even if it is only a little push) in a false direction

btw: funny if you think the champ is not too op. comparing with classes (mage or scout) which are doing a little more dps than a champ for what - 10-15 seconds every 5 minutes and only on a single target ~.~. Also comparing with classes like rogue, which can't even reach the champ in any fight and cannot take multiple hits in trash in RoFL. The only reason you say/think your way of the champ is, that you play the champ and don't want to loose your OP part in any time at any instance

• "Scouts do best burst dps?" I never said it, no need to exaggerate, I said scouts do more than champs in burst which is true;

"Champs CAN easily tank in a dps gear, every boss in RoFL" This statement is only true with shield form not 0, but in that case its not a fair comparison since shield converts str to sta; With higher shield form however the dps drops down alot, so again all fair. I also note not everyone plays ch/k as a tank, I enjoy tanking as ch/r and I know 100% I cant tank in dps gear with shield form 0.

Thus, using your own language, I totally disagree with you.

Just saw after you edited "The only reason you say/think your way of the champ is, that you play the champ and don't want to loose your OP part in any time at any instance" - I knew i would regret engaging in this but I thought I could have a good conversation, I was wrong, no more replies from me, will ignore, plz do same.