Old Monk on the (new) block

• Hi there,

Currently downloading the Arcadia version of RoM because I saw a few video's on youtube (of Bluesons00) and I like the graphics more than the [other Publisher]

I'm known on the '[other Publisher]' server Agenor as Sôhei, the Battle Monk, I was the highest level Monk (90/86) on Isiltir, later not so high anymore after the server-merge :( And yes! I will be playing a Battle Monk again :D

Hope to meet some of you ingame later on.

Grtz

Sôhei

Former Battle Nun (90/86) from (Original) server Isiltir, later known as Agenor.
    On Paradise: Amaron (Magical Wd/D)

• Thx for the welcome :) Still 1,5 hr left to download :(

Thor Are you serious? A Monk can wear leather or chain? Hm, I guess it would be oke but imho I think it will cripple the Monk even further.

fyi: I've been playing the Monk since OB so I know a thing or 2 about the Monk and like I said, I don't think a Monk should be wearing leather/chain.

Former Battle Nun (90/86) from (Original) server Isiltir, later known as Agenor.

• This is true that the Druid/Warrior can wear chain and leather armour from their Lv 70 elite however here on Paradise the Priest/Warrior can wear chain and leather armour too due to our changes to the 45 elite skill for this combination, I promise :thumbup:

Oooh ok, never heart about that, cause the spell explanation does not say anything about that (at least German Version).

But I tried it, it works :thumbup:

Sorry My Failure :S

• Well it is true that it is not in the description, but I can confirm, that it works. I started gearing a battlemonk a while ago and it was ok with my scout gear + weapon. Not the main dd, but I think you would play it for the fun anyways. Did not have much time to finish the gear, but hopefully after I finished moving I can play him for real.

• I'll see it when I get there, currently lvl 25/80 P/W so coming there a bit faster than on the other server :D

I probably won't like it, but it doesn't hurt to try :thumbup:

• being able to use leather or chain makes the battlemonk feel like it should be imo since you should not be healing as a BM. I had played it on other servers in the past but it is gaming changing for the p/w to use the proper gear like it should of been able to from the start.

• being able to use leather or chain makes the battlemonk feel like it should be imo since you should not be healing as a BM. I had played it on other servers in the past but it is gaming changing for the p/w to use the proper gear like it should of been able to from the start.

If leather/chain was the proper gear for a battlemonk then why did RuneWaker made the Priest/Warrior the Battlemonk and not the Warrior/Priest??

Imo if the Battlemonk was intended to use leather/chain and not being able to heal than it would be far more logical to make the Warrior/Priest the Battlemonk instead of the Priest/Warrior.

In my experience as a Battlemonk (since 2008) there are 3 types of gameplay for the Battlemonk (or 4 types, depends on your view)

On one end of the scale we have the playerfriendly, talentpoint-friendly, instance-intence pure physical damagedealer, on the other end of the scale we have the player-UNfriendly, Talentpoint-blackhole healing damagedealing Battlemonk (with healergear, just enough meleestats to survive the open world and staff (or wand and shield) and in the middle the pure hybrid (best option for solo-play and SW)

Each version of the Battlemonk plays a bit different, is skilled a bit different than the other versions.

• I am not fully disagreeing with you but the elites for P/w to me say damage maker or else they would not increase physical attack (while decreasing healing) or increase the 1h weapon dmg (more than staff) but every single class combo can have multiple play styles.
    w/p seems to be built more for support by looking at its elite skills imo

Here you will not have to worry about talent point problems so you will be able to make your battle monk perfect how you like but I'd be curious to see your BM in action after you are all set for curiosity sake since I have always worked my battlemonk style as dmg combo that can heal myself in emergencies. It is nice to see someone else who doesnt only lurk at the FOTM classes

ps. welcome 8o

• I am not fully disagreeing with you but the elites for P/w to me say damage maker or else they would not increase physical attack (while decreasing healing) or increase the 1h weapon dmg (more than staff) but every single class combo can have multiple play styles.
    w/p seems to be built more for support by looking at its elite skills imo

Here you will not have to worry about talent point problems so you will be able to make your battle monk perfect how you like but I'd be curious to see your BM in action after you are all set for curiosity sake since I have always worked my battlemonk style as dmg combo that can heal myself in emergencies. It is nice to see someone else who doesnt only lurk at the FOTM classes

ps. welcome 8o

I (also) don't disagree with you but can you answer one simple question?

If the Priest/Warrior combo was ment to be a pure pdd'er then why the 30% max healing penalty? After all, geared with (memento) cloth gear with melee non-stats, statting it with stam/patk,str/patk and fighting with an axe the heals are allready low, and even from that they take 30% away. (so if you, as a bm dressed in memgear, statted as a pdd and using an axe, heals for, let's say 1000 HP without BMS, than with Battle Monk Stance you will heal for 700 HP)

ad: With Sôhei (on the other publishers server) I managed to bring down that 30% to a bit more than 10% penalty (and I wasn't even fully geared and statted back then)!

ad1: If leather/chain were right for a Battle Monk, than why the lvl 45 Elite skill Condensed Rage or the lvl 60 Eliteskill Light healer fighting Spirit?

Light Healer Fighting Spirit

When Fighting Spirit Combination hits a target, it can recover the caster's HP.

(This skill stat will increase and decrease based on equipment)

Edited once, last by Undrentide ().

• I have 2 weapons right now a 1h hammer that I use with champion [I like this for battlemonk for the healbonus] and a 1h axe. I havent gotten to making a shield specifically for this class combo yet but this is how my battlemonk looks unbuffed

after I have BMS and PBU buffs 52.7k pdam and 239k patk before I even start buffing with buff foods and potions

Mind you I do no where near the damage of a FOTM dps combo but I find it a lot of fun to play with my style and with BMS on I can still get about a 45k urgent heal but I tend not to worry about my heals as much as killing my target first since I am also pretty tanky when fully buffed

• Nice figures, my monk on the other server is noway near those numbers :P

Hopefully I'm getting almost the same numbers on my monk on this server :) :)

And who cares about the FOTM-combo's, now their good dps, next month they get a nerf and everybody rolls another FOTM-combo.

Will take a while, because I'm also conducting a little experiment with Healarious (also a Battle Monk but he's fighting with a 2h-staff) ^^

Edited once, last by Undrentide: Fitting in my other monk-combo :) ().