World Boss Spawn Rework

• Hello and welcome everyone.

In this topic I'm going to propose a major rework of World Boss Spawn system.
    As almost all of us know, some bosses are as old as RoM - since then, nothing was changed in the past. (Maybe 3rd party botting software got some updates ;p)

Please keep in mind - this is just a suggestion I would like to discuss. It was tricky to balance what we need, how many lines of code dev team need to change and afk bot farmers.

As we all know, some world bosses are quest related some other ones are not.

I will try to make this post as short as possible. :evil:
    Current "on-time" spawn method is as old as game and older, also mob killing related bosses.

Bosses should be spawnable at something. This something we can call "Boss Name Altair" or Soul Call Stone.

An example is Bernok with campfire - which works more than perfect.
    2nd example - Bisang - zone info about the spawn is good, but sometimes player won't get to him on time. (Killed by some bot or other player alike.)
    3rd - Moriargy - actually this is a perfect event styled boss spawn - make noise in naga camp, boss spawns after some time - everyone is happy.

Method will force players (and also bots) to kill mobs for boss related item. Then after gathering specified amount of item player can go to Altair to spawn boss.
    Of course there are some stronger versions of bosses and other ones that should just be adjusted a bit, but this I will mention over time.

All zones with * remark have an exception.

Method above fits perfectly to all bosses from Howling Mountains, Silverspring*, Aslain Valley*, Ystra Highlands*, Dust Devil Canyon*, Dragonfang Ridge*, Weeping Coast, Thunderhoof Hills*, Northern Janost, Southern Janost*, Limo Desert, Land of Malevolence*, Thergoten Bay*, Wailing Fjord, Rorazan Kingdom, Merdhin Thundra, Syrbal Pass, Sarlo.
    (If I miss something please add it in comments)

Exception list:

Silverspring:
    Aimina - There is world message about her (she is bugged I guess right now). Proposal - place Aimina Altair at Lake of Magic Mist island. Item can drop from flying mobs.
    Giant Guardian - This guy is quest related. My advise - increase level from 75 (or 70?) to 110 and make him painful. Even Salifus is too easy now. This will allow questing players to do quest and high-end players may have some challenge ;)
    Blood Gallery - Its a world instance, only solution I can propose is to set both Hibara cards to drop all the time and fully upgraded. This should stop farming.

Aslain Valley:
    Crazy Kiosade - Quest related boss. There is really nothing to do about her. To prevent players from brainless farm, Crazy Kiosade card should be added as Quest Reward and be upgraded.

Ystra Highlands:
    Angry Jekarce - the same as Crazy Kiosade.

Dust Devil Canyon:
    Queen Chamber and Kal Turstan/Kal Turrsi - Quest related. Myrmex Queen is inside a world instance. My proposal - change whole instance from world to normal one. Put both Queen Guards - Kal Turssi and Kal Turstan inside of it - players then have to kill both guards to remove shield protecting Myrmex Queen. There is more than enough space inside the chamber to make it like this.

Dragonfang Ridge:
    Ayson - quest related. well, the only thing to avoid farming him for card is to make him drop upgraded card all the time.

Thunderhoof Hills/Southern Janost/Land of Malevolence/Thergothen Bay:
    We have two version of World Boss in there. My proposal is to mix Altair method with Kill-Counter.
    To spawn weaker version for quest related bosses we can use Altair. To kill stronger one we have to kill weaker boss x times (to be specified) with global zone counter.

For the rest of company, Boss Altair is ultimate solution (Zanka, Griffith Centaur etc. etc.)
    End of exceptions and adjustments.

In general pros and cons for server and community:

+People can finish quests normally
    +No more selfish killing
    +3rd party players are easier to catch
    +More players in low level zones may lead them to help newbies clean instances and quest related world bosses
    +No more rage tells why you killed my boss, I was killing mobs to spawn it for xxx of time

-Can cause small mobs farming which can lead questing to be a little more time consuming
    -Complaining from selfish players (I spent so much time for dropping this boss card now its worth nothing etc.)

This is how I see it. If DEV team agree and players as well, we can then polish method and implement it. There is still a lot of data missing here but this should be enough.

With kind regards,
    ZaciukamCie

Added the Label Gameplay

Approved the thread.

Closed the thread.