Map File Missing Error

• Heyo,

After the latest patch that implemented Wowmap into the Game i get this nice error when trying to view the Map of Inferno .

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

It does not happen everytime i open the map only sometimes and i have not yet figured out why . Has anyone else experienced this and knows a fix ?

Other zones seem to be working correct.

Client is up-to-date and Client Language is German.

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Maybe remove other wowmap related addons, such as wowmap poi or wowmap instances? Maybe they interfere with the latest wowmap changes now. I think I got an equal error right after the patch and fixed it with that, but not sure. :/

Regular WoWMap is already blocked. WoWMap POI is fine for me. Might be WoWMap Instances, worth to confirm so it could be blocked as obsolete too.

Greetings

I dont use those Addons and never have been using them.

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• I had the same issue in Rofl today.

I also use no WoWMaps or WoWMapsInstances or some similar addon. Normally the minimap is fine. As Cruvor said its just sometimes.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• I have been having the same map problem. Sometimes map works sometimes I get the map error. I do see that it shows wow map and the different continents that the regular map never showed. Thing is I never installed any wow map stuff onto my computer. I only have dungeonloots and lootomatic 1.4 so not sure why wow map is coming up when I try to look at the map.

• I have been having the same map problem. Sometimes map works sometimes I get the map error. I do see that it shows wow map and the different continents that the regular map never showed. Thing is I never installed any wow map stuff onto my computer. I only have dungeonloots and lootomatic 1.4 so not sure why wow map is coming up when I try to look at the map.

Thats because WoW Map was implemented as a built-in addon. (As you can read here).

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Official Post

When issue occurs for you, please check error console for entries (/bug to open or /bug2 to copy to clipboard) and put them here. It might be issue related with (outdated?) DungeonLoots since it also affects world map. If possible, provide also list of all your addons.

Greetings

• When issue occurs for you, please check error console for entries (/bug to open or /bug2 to copy to clipboard) and put them here. It might be issue related with (outdated?) DungeonLoots since it also affects world map. If possible, provide also list of all your addons.

Greetings

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

No recent errors , just the "normal"

Gyazo
    gyazo.com

My addons

Greetings

• I noticed dungeonloots is no longer showing the instances on the map now. Big bummer. SO I deleted dungeonloots and lootomatic 1.4, cleared cache/cookies and rebooted computer. So I have 0 addons now.

I'm still getting the map file missing error. After further testing I find that this happens when changing zones/maps. When you load the game, the map works for the area you're in. Once you change areas, the map file missing error comes up. An example of this is loading the game in Varanus. The Varanus city map works. Leave Varanus city and pull up the map and you get the map file missing error. Only reloading the game fixes the map. Going to yet another area/map does not fix the map file missing error. So reload the game outside of Varanus city and map works. Head to Logar and the map changes and you get the map file missing error. Then you have to reload again to get the map to work again.

I have 0 addons. This can't be an addon issue if I have no addons. This started when the map started including wow map.

I really liked seeing the instances on each map. That was very helpful. If you can add wowmap to the regular map, then maybe you could add the instances as well?

Hope this helps.

• Yeah I also have this error after changing zones.

But I still can manually select the correct map when I press the button and all works normally from there... until I change zone again of course. ;)

Closed the thread.