soul bond spell not working most of the time

• Hi. I play a priest that has a spell called soul bond. This spell allows me to resurrect at the place of death once, if I die within the 30 minute time frame of casting the spell. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Night after night I play the mirror boards and I cast the soul bond spell before going in. When I die, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. More times it doesn't than it does. Other night I had 26 minutes left on the 30 minute timer when I died and it didn't let me resurrect at place of death. This glitch is also bad for mirrors because it then takes you out of that mirror and you can't continue on in it and can't re-enter it. Last night a group was helping me with Ugunda (hard) and we died over and over. I had the soul bond cast and it worked once. When the cooldown was over and I was able to cast the spell again, it didn't work. It didn't work probably four out of five times last night. This spell not working as intended is causing me and my group a lot of problems. Please look into this. Thank you.

• Just an update. My laptop died so I'm on a new one and last night I tried to use the soul bond spell and once again it did not offer to resurrect me at the place of death. So it's not an issue on my end but the issue still exists.

• I think I have figured out the problem, besides me dying too much. Last night I was in atlantis near the house maid, Gillie Luss. I cast all my buff spells on myself. This included casting soul bond spell on myself. Well, I died right away in steadfast mirror heart of the ocean. Instant death, for me, if I can't kill them in one hit. Anyway, I was not given the option to resurrect at the spot of death. So I decided to look at my combat log to see how much damage I did to the manta ray. That's when I noticed the battle log said I had cast my soul bond spell on Gillie Luss, not on myself. Well Gillie wasn't targeted and not sure you can even cast soul bond on a npc. So I'm thinking all the times soul bond isn't working is because it is somehow being cast on a nearby npc and not on myself. Maybe someone could look into this? Thanks.

• Official Post

I've tried several ways and I can't reproduce your issue.

It's possible to give Soul Bond to NPC, and it's working with Gillie Luss.

Technically, it shouldn't be possible to give a buff to NPC, if you don't have it on target.

To be able to resurrect, make sure that you always have Soul Bond buff on your character.

If you will be able to reproduce it, please record a video, so we can try to use similar conditions.

• Well I click my picture top left to make sure that my character is the target. Then I cast grace of life, amplified attack, embrace of the water spirit, magic barrier, blessed spring water, and then I cast soul bond last. It makes no sense that the first five spell buffs go on my character and then the soul bond went on Gillie Luss. I will just make sure I am not near Gillie Luss, or other npc, when casting soul bond. Thanks for you help.