Game Engine Lifting [Patch 10.4.0.1000]

• Official Post

Since the current patch I suddenly have the problem that my game freezes after some time. Windows doesn't give me any feedback and I have to close the game. Before the patch I had neither crits nor other problems. Does anyone else have the problem or a solution for me ?

Thanks

We are aware of issue for some players and working on it.

Greetings

• Thanks, we have already written. The older client is working again without problems no freezing of the game so far. Thanks again for that.

#Play Champion Enjoy Your Life

• Hey,

For the last few patches now after the client is done updating I get error update.zip not found. The fix is to close the process from task manager then restart the launcher but I'm wondering why it's happening at every patch.

• Fixed some FPS issues.

Thx for that . Can finally run ini without any big problems :thumbup:

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Finally...with the new version of wine 6.0rc1 and updates to wine-momo and wine-gecko (which provides all the .NET and other windows related stuff) the game finally loads for me under linux and it looks flawlessly. I'd say there's no difference to playing under windows. Good job to the devs! :)

• Although recent patches decreased my performance issues and fps drops, also in connection with HoTs, I still have huge lags from the buff lv50 m/r "Gift of the Baron" applies on the raid.

I wasnt able to check properly, but I feel like buffs from d/ch mechanisms still do so, too.

Would be great if you could look into that. :saint:

Cheers!

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• There is another problem me and some other guild members have. If you change anything in your interface, be it action bars, addons, filters from addons, etc... and press the "Save" button and relogg shortly after, those changes are just gone and it's like you never made them.

In my case this is espacially the case with macros. I wrote a new macro, saved it (3-5 times, just to make sure :D) and after I relogged a few hours later it was just gone.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Hi,

we made the experience, that you have massive lags/fps drops as a healer, if there are more than 6 ppl in raid.

We think, that the new raid skills (heal over time effects, buffs and more) producing massively more lags.

If you are in a group with 6 ppl, there are less problems. if you invite a 7th person, the lags increases massively.

Maybe you could check in this direction.

Thank you and kind regards

• So after a while I ran today as d/p in a larger raid again and I must say on this class I still experience significant performance issues.

Most likely responsible for this are the two HoTs cast by "Blossoming Life" for the entire raid (buffID 500469 and buffID 503795). Whenever I use it, my fps drop immedeatly and while they are active, I have a lag every 2 seconds, corresponding to each heal trigger they have.

https://gyazo.com/bbf5273e61dc9fe8dc76865292c47e9d

In this screenshot you can see a raid with 10 characters and a more or less constant fps while nothing is happening. As soon as I used "Blossoming Life", my fps drop in the pattern described. While using "Rain of Light" (buffID 1501066) however, I dont experience these issues, so propable they are connected to the %-heal of those HoTs.

In this case I was testing without most addons (especially without smartBB and Ikarus).

https://gyazo.com/b7e03888e1e1ba39f942df2ae5dd921c

This is the same situation with only 7 characters - the drops are not as bad as with more players, but still you can clearly see the issue. In this run I has all my addons installed and active, including Ikarus and smartBB and they definitely do not cause the lags.

https://gyazo.com/eba25c7742c84625d34bf92ad4030fba

Here you see the fps drops during a bossfight and the significant lag the moment when I rebuff "Blossoming Life" for 10 chars. Here also playing without addons.

During b3 there is not too much going on, but when the whole raid is active, buffing and dealing dmg, the overall fps are lower and these lags caused by HoTs are worse and even more annoying.

I hope this helps a little to finally solve these performance issues.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• Hello,

I want to mention, that there are still massively lag spikes (fps drops) in game, especially with 12 ppl in raid :/

If we are running with 12 ppl, periodically there are fps drops especially as a healer with raid-heal abilities. Now, after new cenedrils, there are more heal-raid effects and even more fps drops/lags :( :( (player, cenedrils and player pets!) Furthermore player pets don't need to be targeted by heal effects in my eyes.

@Devs is it possible, that you can have a deeper look into the mechanic? Maybe also testing in rofl? (Could there be some scripts in the background, which are also prodrucing performance issues?) We are guessing that over 50% of fps drops are belong to raid heal effects with heal over time effects.

• Hi,

I wanted to suggest, that raid skills like "Blossoming Life" of druid/priest and "Regenerate" of priest/druid does not effect pets and cenedrils. After new cenedrils, nearly all player have 2 companions (normal pet + cenedril) and such raid heal effects target all. That means for example druid/priest in a full raid nearly 36 times heal over time effects every 2 seconds. and with Blossoming Life you also give them Regenerate. Both heals will heal 2 separate amounts. That results in 36 * 4 healing number / healing effects / healing events every 2 seconds.

If this number would be drastically reduced to effect only players, it could be improve the performance for healers.

Thank you

Greetings :)

Changed the title of the thread from “Patch 10.4.0.1000 - Game Engine Lifting, Autumn Banquet Festival feedback” to “[Feedback] Patch 10.4.0.1000 - Game Engine Lifting, Autumn Banquet Festival”.