Warden/ Warrior DPS?

• Hello Guys :)!

I'm a heal main and play atm D/Wd :) But i would like to play a tanky class as an alternative. I don't like to play dps :9

Is the Wd/W still viable as a tank? Or is he just an out of season April Joke? Probably an Off -Tank? Could he tank some lower Dungeons? (I dont except him to tank giants)

Otherwise how are the tanks ranked so far?

K/W - Ch/R - ... ?

• I might make you happy with this and change what you expect :)

When Inferno came out that insane last boss required the best knight or just good ch/k to do it, it was impossible to survive other way. Giants is way different and is not bound to new meta-op tank classes like inferno was. Ive seen tanking giants all kinds of tanks, k/w, k/s, k/p, ch/k, ch/r, ch/w, ch/p.... even w/m when main tank dies can hold most of the bosses, all this with a normal tank sta/hp gear. Yes, wd/w is in that list, is possible.

Ones are more efficient or atleast, easier and more enjoyable to play than others, but all can do the job in terms of survability. The main problem lately is the aggro. Most of endgame dps changed to champ because is the new meta class in giants, so more than the question being able to tank (like always), now you need to ask if you are able to hold their crazy aggro. I think wd/w could, specially with the new plate refined set.

Summing up, play whatever you want, at this point of the game is possible to do it with multiple classes, specially tanking.

Cheers, Madoxx.

• Well thanks for this great answer :)

Then I will give it a try and build up a warden Tank ! :) The aggro might be an issue, but i will test it.

• Lemotium

Changed the title of the thread from “Warden Tank viable?” to “Warden/ Warrior DPS?”.
  • So i didnt want to spam so much so i edited this thread.

My Question is: Can the WD/ Warr do decent DPS :)?

For my Tank Set-Up i build up a Knight/ War, but i want to build up a wd class as dps.

I maybe wanna build a wd/ war as a dps class and want to know if someone have some tipps for this setup. Also i want to know if str - pat is the best option ( str - str is better, but maybe for a budget alternative) sta - pat doesnt make sense, because the spamable slash is based on a str scaling.

Also is wd/ war or wd/scout better or is there also an alternative to both class.

Thanks for ur advice and sry for my first class english ;)