Huge FPS drop with the new GameToolTip

• I have a new issue since this new ToolTips modification.

When I enter combat my FPS drops from 80+ to less then 10, but will only do this if my mouse pointer is in the screen around the monsters I am killing or around my character. If I move the mouse pointer over the chat box, or actionbar, or move the pointer out of the game window my FPS is fine. When the target dies the FPS drop is at its worst, that is when my screen has noticeable pauses or stuttering.

What I have tried to fix it for myself and works is, extracting the old gametooltip.lua and gametooltip.xml from an older data.fdb and placing it in my games folder /interface/worldxml

The FPS drops and Screen freezes stop. There is something in the new code causing the FPS drops.

Also the OnUpdates are reading elapsedTime but not doing anything with it, is there maybe supposed to be a delay function there to reduce the number times that function is being read ?

But most noticable is if you mouse over a target there is also a FPS drop too, and seems to be coming from the GameTooltip_OnUpdate, the drop in FPS is huge. New GameToolTip code fps drop is close to 90%, using the older GameToolTip lua and xml the frame drop is less then 50%. What other mods were done ? Client mod maybe?. I never see FPS drops like this on a mouseover prior to the new tool tips.

• Badgas

Changed the title of the thread from “Huge FPS drop in combat” to “Huge FPS drop with the new GameToolTip”.
  • If you mouse over anything (monsters, NPC's etc) the FPS drops considerably, but not if the target is selected. It is purely mouse over function. Until the issue is fixed, if you can use the method that Badgas has mentioned, or use a tab target macro, you will be fine (unless raiding which I imagine would be a major headache).

Closed the thread.