Mage: Lvl 80, 90, 100 Elite Skill Ideas

• Hello Arcadians, I'm making this post to share my ideas on potential elite skills for the mage class. I'm going to present my suggestions in a format similar to the item skill suggestion thread along with some personalized explanations detailing my thoughts behind these suggested changes. I'm trying to make changes that augment/compliment existing mechanics rather than coming up with new ones. Because of this, the majority of my skill ideas are passives that alter existing skills.

Mage/Priest:

Skill Name: Arcane Scar
    Elite Skill Level: Level 80
    Skill Description: Disable additionally decreases the targets magical critical resistance by 3.5%.
    Max Level: 55
    Upgrade Value: +0.3% Per Level
    Max Projected Value: 20%
    Cooldown: N/A
    Cost: N/A
    Personal Notes: As it stands, the mage/priest skill "Disable," augments Flame/Plasma arrow to decrease the targets critical magical resistance by 308.0 points when at level 104. This is a low value in my opinion so altering it to a % based decrease makes more sense.

Skill Name: Storm's Grace
    Elite Skill Level: 90
    Skill Description: Thunderstorm additionally heals friendly targets within its radius for 480 points of HP. Cannot heal the caster.
    Max Level: N/A
    Upgrade Value: N/A
    Max Projected Value: N/A
    Personal Notes: Mage/Priest is regarded as the utilitarian mage so altering thunderstorm to passively heal friendly targets while still doing damage to enemies allows it to support allies while attacking which compliments its utilitarian status.

Skill Name: Essence of Power
    Elite Skill Level: 100
    Skill Description: Augments Essence of Magic to additionally increase the caster's critical magical damage by 5%.
    Max Level: 104
    Upgrade Value: +0.2% Per Level
    Max Projected Value: 20.8%
    Personal Notes: Building off of the Arcane Scar suggestion, this will allow the Mage/Priest to take advantage of the target's lowred critical magics resistance. This skill is idealized to be a passive while augmenting Essence of Magic to read "Increases Magical attack power by (current magical attack power + x) * (x%) + x for 900 seconds. Additionally increases critical magical damage of the caster by x%." Only the caster receives the damage boost. If cast on another player, the damage boost will not be factored in.

Mage/Scout

Skill Name: Fire Rose Mastery
    Elite Skill Level: 80
    Skill Description: You no longer require 3 seeds in the target to trigger Fire Rose Explosion which can now be affected by Eruption.
    Personal Notes: Having to stack three seeds in the target wastes time seeing as you receive a damage buff from the first fire rose cast, but have to cast it two more times before being able to use Fire Rose Explosion. Changing it to only require one seed with the additional eruption chance would make this skill more viable.

Skill Name: Thunderblast
    Skill Description: Thunderclap additionally stuns the target.
    Personal Notes: Thunderclap has potential to be a powerful skill, but in its current state, it only roots the target. Adding a stun mechanic would balance this skill out. Seeing as Thunderclap is a single target skill with a 1 second cast time, a 5 second stun seems balanced.

Skill Name: Mystic Blood
    Skill Description: Blood Arrow additionally consumes 3% mana per second and increases magical damage by 5%.
    Upgrade Value: +0.9% Per Level
    Max Projected Value: +98.6%
    Personal Notes: Physical dps classes are the only ones that can take advantage of blood arrow, so for the mage/scout, changing it to affect magical damage would greatly boost the class's dps. This skill would passively change Blood Arrow to read "For 30 Seconds, your HP and MP is reduced by -3% every second and the magical damage of your spells are increased by x%." If this proves to be too powerful, then the upgrade value can be reduced to 0.45% per level resulting in a max 51.8% boost.

Mage/Knight

Skill Name: Electrostatic Armor
    Skill Description: Reduce the cooldown of Electrostatic Charge by 60 seconds. Also reduce all received damage by 25% when Electrostatic Charge is active.
    Personal Notes: As it stands, the mage/knight is supposed to be the bulky mage. Altering the cooldown for Electrostatic charge will allow the mage/knight to keep their Electrostatic Charge active in the same way the champion/mage can keep their High Energy Barrier active. Also, due to the fact that mage's have lower than average defenses, adding the 25% damage reduction to Electrostatic Charge compliments the mage/knights bulky reputation.

Skill Name:
    Electric Impulse
    Skill Description: Extends the stun time of Discharge by 2 seconds.
    Personal Notes: I always disliked how discharge only stunned enemies for 5 seconds (players for 3 seconds), so I decided to give this skill to the mage/knight. This will allow them to stun enemies for 7 seconds & players for 5 seconds. This is definatly a powerful group stun, but I feel like this skill should be in the mage/knight's arsenal.

Skill Name:
    Holy Fire
    Skill Description: Remove the Eruption chance on flame. Your flame now deals additional light damage.
    Personal Notes: Mage/Knights need a boost in dps. Removing the randomness of Eruption on flame and replacing it with additional light damage will double the mage/knight's dps because the additional light damage will trigger 100% of the time. I considered applying this effect to Fireball, but it may be too powerful in pvp, and it would make the eruption skill irrelevant. Because of this, Holy Fire will apply to Flame only.

Ran out of room. Post continued below....

Edited 2 times, last by Cloakshire: Correction, formatting, etc. ().

• Mage/Rogue

Skill Name: Negative Shock
    Skill Description: Targets hit by you Electric Bolt additionally suffer 11.2 points of Dark Damage every 2 seconds for a total of 12 seconds.
    Upgrade Value: +3.8 Per level
    Max Projected Value: 340.8
    Personal Notes: Mage/Rogue should be the better mage when it comes to DoT'ing / bleeding targets. Augmenting Electric bolt to deal two magical bleeds instead of one should compliment this. The new Electric Bolt skill should read, "Inflicts x + 0.10 INT Wind Damage. Afterwards, deals x Wind Damage and x Dark Damage every 2 seconds for a total of 12 seconds."

Skill Name: Thirst of the Baron
    Skill Description: Your Kiss of the Vampire now heals you equal to the damage dealt + 10% Max HP.
    Personal Notes: A long time ago when the game was strictly dual class, Kiss of the Vampire healed the player equal to the damage dealt. This was nerfed to a 10% max HP heal when tertiary classes were introduced. I think this nerf needs to be undone so that the mage/rogue can once again be a self sustaining class combination.

Skill Name: Shadow Explosion
    Skill Description: Detonate your Shadow Protection Shield and fear all targets within a range of 150 for 5 seconds. Once used, your Shadow Protection will enter a 4 minute cooldown.
    Cost: 250 + 15% MP
    Personal Notes: This skill gives the mage/rogue the ability to sacrifice their Shadow Protection in exchange for a powerful group fear. This will not come without a cost though. Not only is the mage/rogue sacrificing their shadow protection, but doing so will put it on a 4 minute cooldown thus balancing the skill out.

Mage/Warrior

Skill Name: Payback
    Skill Description: Increase Magical Attack by 5% for 30 seconds when you receive damage. This effect can stack 5 times.
    Personal Notes: A "Warrior" enrages whenever he is hit, so giving the mage/warrior a similar aspect compliments the class combo's description. This will allow the mage/warrior to get progressively stronger every time he is hit, but only up to 25%. I was going to apply this to magical damage, but considering that the mage/warrior already has a plethora of damage boosting skills, I applied it to magical attack instead. This is also a passive skill that gets triggered every time the mage/warrior is hit regardless of time interval.

Skill Name: Arcane Rage
    Skill Description: Consume all rage. For 15 seconds, your next three spells will have their damage boosted by a % equal to the amount of rage initially consumed.
    Cooldown: 5 Seconds
    Cost: All Rage
    Personal Notes: I came up with this skill as a desperation type move. This would allow the mage/warrior to drastically boost their damage for a few spells at the steep cost of all their rage. If 50 rage is consumed, damage is boosted by 50%. If 100 rage is consumed, then boost the damage by 100% and so on. The 5 second cooldown may seem out of place, but when this skill is used in conjunction with the level 100 elite idea below, then it is justified.

Skill Name: Rage Well
    Skill Description: While Energy Well is in effect, hitting targets with spells will now generate rage.
    Personal Notes: Currently, mage/warrior's can only generate rage through melee, being hit, rage potion, or special items. This gives the mage/warrior the temporary ability to generate rage from casting spells. This skill compliments the level 90 elite idea well as it allows the mage/warrior to used Arcane Rage multiple times reliably when under the effects of Energy Well. This has the potential to be powerful in certain situation, which is balanced by the fact that energy well has a two minute cooldown.

Mage/Druid

Skill Name: Second Wind
    Skill Description: Extend the Duration of Recover's effect by 26 seconds. Additionally increase movement speed by 15% and reduce all received damage by 15%.
    Personal Notes: This essentially makes the mage/druid's recover last 40 seconds allowing it to take advantage of the increased movement speed/reduced damage. Not only can this effect be applied to the caster, but can also be placed on others allowing the mage/druid to provide a unique and helpful buff to allies. Recover should now read, "Restore x HP to your target and x HP every 2 seconds for 40 seconds. Target's under this effect will have their movement speed increased by 15% as well as resist 15% of all incoming damage."

Skill Name: Stifled Earth
    Skill Description: Magma Blade additionally knocks down targets rendering them helpless for 3 seconds.
    Personal Notes: This is more of a pvp suggestion for mage/druid. Among the mage combos, they're the one's with the longest reach in terms of instant casts. Giving magma blade a knockdown creates a situation wherein the mage/druid doesn't have to worry about their target retaliating while they close the gap after casting magma blade. This allows for potential followup attacks, but to keep this from being too powerful, I suggest that targets recently hit by this knockdown are immune to the effect for about 15 seconds or so. This will prevent mage/druids from harassing their targets by chaining knockdowns.

Skill Name: Elven Sight
    Skill Description: Magic Target additionally increases your magical damage. Also your Fireball and Earth Pulse will have their range extended to 250 while Magic Target is active.
    Upgrade Value: 0.1%
    Max Projected Value: 15.4%
    Personal Notes: Again, the mage/druid is by far known for it's range with magma blade. Magic target on its own is a rather bad skill seeing as it tops out just over one hundred. Giving it a small but noticeable damage boost combined with expanding on what this class is known for seems like a good augmentation for this skill. The new Magic Target should read "Temporarily increases your magic accuracy by x for 900 seconds. Also increases your magical damage by x% and additionally increases the range of your Fireball and Earth Pulse to 250."

Post continued below...

Edited 12 times, last by Cloakshire: Formatting, corrections, etc. Added Mage/Druid ().

• Mage/Warden

Skill Name: Debris
    Skill Description: Your Thunderstorm now stirs the earth inflicting additional earth damage to targets within its range.
    Upgrade Value: +12 Per level
    Max Projected Value: 1,288
    Personal Notes: Seeing that Thunderstorm kicks up a bunch of dust, I got the idea of there being dirt and debris mixed in with all that wind. So why not take that concept and integrate it into a skill fit for the mage combination that specializes in dealing earth damage. This unique twist will allow the mage/warden's thunderstorm to hit two times per tick rather than one totaling six hits if the skill is fully channeled. The augmented Thunderstorm should read, "Summon a thunderstorm that inflicts x + 0.10 INT Wind Damage and x + 0.10 INT Earth Damage 3 times within range with a chance of causing an additional slowdown in movement for 5 seconds."

Skill Name: Vitality Curse
    Skill Description: Your Earth Groaning Wind Blade now causes a 25% slowdown on the target for 5 seconds while also reducing their attack and spell casting speed by 20% for 5 seconds.
    Personal Notes: Earth Groaning Wind Blade is one of the mage/warden's top priority skills when it comes to a first strike in pvp. If cast on a fleeing target at max range, the mage/warden won't be able to follow up with any skills. Similar to the mage/druids Stifled Earth suggestion, I wanted to give the mage/warden a tool that would allow it to quickly close the gap between the caster and target. I was contemplating a stun mechanic, but seeing as the mage/warden is bulkier than its mage/druid cousin, a stun isn't necessary, so I went with more of a hindering effect that still benefits the caster.

Skill Name: Meteor Impact
    Skill Description: Transforms your Meteor Shower into Earth Damage, but the cooldown is changed to 25 seconds. Can now be cast while moving and additionally reduces the chant time by half.
    Personal Notes: I never understood why meteor shower did non-elemental damage. Perhaps it would be too powerful? Making it do fire damage seemed too generic. After all, meteors are falling rocks from the sky. So again, why not give this concept to the mage built for earth magic. Two downsides to meteor shower was it's lower than average damage and the fact that it was a 5 second chant skill. Altering the chant time down to 2.5 seconds adds value to this skill as you're getting five potentially powerful hits on a target in a short amount of time while on the move. This idea was borrowed from the existing mage/knight elite skill Brilliance Award which cuts the chant of Stars of Light by half. If this skill proves to be too powerful, removal of the reduced chant time is suggested while retaining the mobile casting aspect. However, I do not believe this will overpowered due to the 30 second cooldown.

I have some ideas for the last two mages, but I don't have enough to make their posts just yet. I will be updating/editing this post once I come up with ideas for the remaining combinations.

Mage/Warlock - Coming Soon
    Mage/Champion - Coming Soon

Edited 8 times, last by Cloakshire: Corrections, edits, etc. Added Mage/Warden ().

• These would be good if we were getting the elites but I think we should focus on revamping the iss they got a section for it check it out

• These would be good if we were getting the elites but I think we should focus on revamping the iss they got a section for it check it out

I already made a detailed post there as well prior to making this one :)